The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I didnt sleep well last night hence i overslept this morning. I am going to mow grass in back garden (it's a big garden) and will take most of the day.

I bought a maxi dress on fleabay i've always wanted one. I know i shouldn't have and Steve has told me off. I was v good this month apart from buying two cute jackets and a dress on fleabay - but i will wear them to death i am sure. I had work done on my computer which cost £100. Roll on payday.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    edited 5 August 2016 at 6:14PM
    Options
    Today I went to work and worked on one of my new subjects. I will do this on Tuesday and Wednesday. I am planning to jog everyday..

To do still:
    Tidy folders in storage room - will do some more tomorrow!
    Two subject files to sort at work- started
    Two schemes of work to write
    Paint front of house

On Thursday weirdo and her dear son visit along with another with lovely Crafty hants (one of my dear friends). We are going to Gunwharf and maybe Southsea beach. On Friday Susan (3Dogs) will come. On Saturday we visit Lymington and in the evening we catch the steam train to Swanage. All in a moneysaving way.

Everyone at work has been abroad I am so envious but at least I have had fun here. Hurrah. Roll on payday :j:T:j:beer:
  • savingwannabe
    edited 27 July 2016 at 8:59PM
    Options
    I didn't go to work but sorted out all my old files today. The store room is looking much better. I still have to sort this years files but the worst of it is done.

To do still:
    Tidy folders in storage room - 3/4 done!
    Two subject files to sort at work- done one- went in today it took 2 full days
    Two schemes of work to write
    Paint garden gate and fence in back garden

Am looking forward to seeing everyone on Thursday and payday at midnight on said day.:j
  • savingwannabe
    edited 5 August 2016 at 6:50PM
    Options
    What an amazing weekend. Had a fab time with the boys and Susan and CraftyHants. We had an absolute ball. We also met a complete weirdo but the less said about that the better!

We met someone who seemed really nice but I think she is a criminal. She admitted she shoplifted and she was just looooopy and we ended up babysitting her poor child as he was just a trophy for her. Poor kid. We took them to Lymington and Swanage though so I think the child did enjoy himself. If she had been on her own I would have thrown her out but we bit our tongues and spent our time making sure that her poor son was happy.

Only 3 weeks till the end of the hols. My parents are visiting so I am having fun and thinking about work too. We have been paid I am so glad. I would like to save a bit extra this month. I hope I can.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    To do still:
    Tidy folders in storage room - completed.

On Tuesday I took parents and friend to Gunwharf Quays and we had a nice look round and I bought a gift for their friend. Then next day we went to Southsea Beach with them and Crafty Hants and she gave them a tour or Southsea too. Then yesterday I took them on the Hovercraft to the Isle of Wight and we spent the whole day in Osborne House where we enjoyed a lovely sunny day.
  • BritishBibliophile
    Options
    You sound like you're having a lovely holiday seeing plenty of places, hope the weather holds good for you!
  • savingwannabe
    edited 7 August 2016 at 9:21PM
    Options
    I have about two weeks left till I go back to work and I am going to be spending that time writing lesson plans for a second subject. I am v happy though the weather has been lovely and I didn't spend too much. Yay for my cheapness. lol.

When I consider how many friends have stayed with me this holiday not one has said that my kitchen has needed changing. The pressure is definitely off then and I shan't be in a mad rush to change it. The more saving I can do in this weird job climate, the better.

This year I will only spend money on getting nice plants for the garden and save as much as possible. So happy I am not in debt and can save.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I started lesson planning for my second subject. I reckon if I do a few hours everyday from now on I will be ok. I only have one job left to do and that is painting the fence at back of house.

Susan bought me loads of her pans that she doesn't use any more I have to clean those and find space for them in my kitchen. I am planning to work and chill for the rest of the week. So far I haven't spent any money this week.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I was doing soooo well. I only spent £20 on food this week but now I have bought another jacket for £14.50. Yikes. I will look good though.

Weather has been glorious but I have been feeling ill all day so I have spent the day in bed. lol. I think I deserve a treat.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I rang up Virgin today and I am currently paying £48 a month for internet and phone and tv. They couldn't do any lower than £38. I then read Martin Lewis' email for this week and it mentioned the fab 'sky' deal. OMG. £17.50 for phone and internet. I can get freeview telly. I have signed up and I should get a voucher for £75 off too. OMG.

Am broke but happy. I have spent so much this holiday but it was on entertaining friends and family so I don't mind so much. Yikes to my credit card bill.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure