The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    You made it through the month 🤗
    Savings and mobile savings are good. Some internet companies do cheaper costs without the landline, but if you are not in contract it may be worth a look to see if you can get a cheaper provider. 
    That's a nice bonus from the sales. 
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Well done on the sales & mobile phone savings. I don’t think there are many broadband providers without a landline? Your tree sounds lovely 😁
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • riotlady
    riotlady Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Christmas tree is such a good idea! I think we could all do with an bit of extra celebration this year
  • Irenadler
    Irenadler Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    That's great going Swan - I have yet to delve into the Shed of Spiders to get any decorations out yet... And savings, and more savings, and selling. I can see I have a lot of catching up to do.... :D 
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello hurrah for wages being paid. I have £131 for the month for food and fun plus £32 from social media sales and £50 in xmas fund for emergences so think i will be fine. I will be careful this month as i have already spent £26 on amazing lights. All is well i am just buying basic foods and nothing else. It has been raining like crazy.

I have started the switch to EE for BB and house phone,  unfortunately i have had to do a mobile phone deal too in case there is a lockdown (as i will need this for work if i hadnt it would have been much cheaper) (total cost for all is £40) but it is still cheaper than my old suppliers. 

I am hoping to unpack my winter clothes this weekend and do the usual lesson planning. So far i havent spent anything this week after my food shop on Tuesday. Half term in 3 weeks i cannot wait. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Well done on a cheaper deal. Winter clothes are definitely needed now. It’s been raining like crazy here until this afternoon. Now the sun is shining but it’s still cold. Haven’t put my heating on yet 🥶😆
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • MovingForwards
    You should be able to shop carefully, if you feel resolve slipping post on here and we will stop you!
    That's not a bad deal for internet, home phone and mobile.

It's definitely winter / cold now, have a good rummage through your clothes and get preparing those warm outfits!
  • savingwannabe
    Well done you, i have but for about 10 or 15 mins for a few days. What a wimp i am!!!! 
    I'm alternating at feeling a bit sorry for myself as i am less well off as my work colleagues and then thinking that living off the little that i have is a great adventure as i am still saving even if it is only £250 a month. Every bit helps. lol. 
  • savingwannabe
    edited 4 October 2020 at 8:51AM
    I am marking and lesson prepping today. It's raining outside which is grotty. Henry my tree is flashing merrily. I am on my third glass of tea. 3weeks till the hols.
  • MovingForwards
    Do not feel sorry for yourself or compare to what others have, it's a waste of mental energy. You have what you have and make good use of it.
    Hope there's a little bit of you time factored in somehow.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback