The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I looked it up and it was not that expensive. It did sell out though and was from an American Company.

We broke up for hols today. Hurrah for miracles. So far I have packed lots of work to bring home and I have tidied two drawers. I feel tired now so might have a little sleep.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yeah I did to, think it was about £40ish but no chance will get my hands on one now.

Dxxx
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :j yay to breaking up for the holidays

:j:j double yay to extra money from new job and well done on savings !

:j:j:j triple yay to being paid to go on free coach trips

:beer: well done SW x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Today I found out that the language school want me to teach a session tomorrow, do a tour to Chichester on Saturday and one to Porchester Castle on Sunday. The weather will be v warm but I am quite excited. I love Chichester and hope they will too.

I will be paid at the end of the month. Steve is going nuts:eek::eek:
    as I was supposed to be going to London with them but I need the money to pay for a new lap top. I have never had one before. It will mean i can prep my work in the garden. I need £232.35 to pay for it at the end of the month and I will receive it on the weekend.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 6 July 2018 at 8:34AM
    Options
    I taught a lesson today at the Summer School (it took 4 hours to prep) and managed to get a bargain Rose Plant for 0.35 from T'scoes. Total spend £12.00 including travel. I will be able to claim some of the resources that I purchased for the teaching I did.

I will be at home researching and tidying tomorrow. In the evening the boys and Susan are carting me off to Zizzi's so they see me before they forget what I look like!
  • savingwannabe
    edited 6 July 2018 at 2:26PM
    Options
    It is the first Friday of my holiday. It is v warm. I am meeting the gang in town. Jobs to do:

[STRIKE]Clean bathrooms
    Wipe down window panes at front of house
    Vacuum house
    [/STRIKE]Research for both visits this weekend.
    Take bus to Zizzi
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Just got in from Chichester walk. Let's just say we walked 18896 steps today.

Lovely day.

Last night's meal was accompanied but vouchers from Susan but not enough so I had to pay for the meal on my cc and it cost £75!!!! OMG. I shant be spending much this month when out with the gang as that is most of my spending money gone in one meal.:(:eek:
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OMG £75 !!! :eek: what did you eat !! Was that just for your meal or for all of you ?

Glad you enjoyed Chichester. I've just been resting indoors in the shade with the fan on this afternoon. I don't know how you cope walking in this heat
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 9 July 2018 at 7:31PM
    Options
    In total it was well over a hundred but Susan had vouchers for £30 and I had a card so paid the rest - but it was £75!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If I had known I I would not have gone. I was assured it was all paid for and I had wanted an early night before I took my tour party out the next morning. I am so upset. I have been scrimping and saving every penny and to throw away £75 that I don't have on a meal is ridiculous. I am not going out again for any meals with anyone as I don't have the money.

This has made me broke now for the rest of the month. No more. I will be really struggling this week to even get bus fare for work. I just hope I get some extra hours at work. Fingers crossed. So far I have worked 22 hours I hope I have paid something towards the computer. It's probably paid for that stupid meal. Grrrrrrr.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Today I am going to mow lawn and do some ironing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure