The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope I don't have any hypos as it's going to be hot, hot, hot. I am v excited though. I have to plan the tour tomorrow morning. Please let it go well. I do love London and I can do this tour without it costing me any money.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    A walking tour in London sounds great, have fun :)
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    15km later I return home. We ended up with two parties of students and a great time was had by all. I loved it. I wish I could do this full time but the money would not be enough to live off.

I am working next week and then will have to start some work work at home in my spare time. I am a v happy bunny though.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Sounds like you had a great time SW ! All this extra work and exercise and getting paid for it :j
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 22 July 2018 at 4:01PM
    Options
    It feels great. I get to see some of the south of England's most wonderful sights and walk in this lovely weather for free. I will have to stop soon as I am not getting any work done. I have 3 courses to write and research still. :o

Today my laptop is having Windows added and my friend is taking it home to add an SSD as it will make it quicker. This will cost about an extra £70 including fitting it and adding windows to it.

So far this month I have purchased:
    £16.99 sliders
    £7 blouse
    £8.50 jacket
    £30 on clothes for my brother to say thanks for helping paint house
    £22.00 perfume
    £53 on SSD card for new computer
    and I am a bit worried about paying it off. All my rent money goes towards the mortgage and I have £250 savings too every month. I am giving £1000 of my this to my niece for university. It is a constant struggle on my rubbish £22k salary.

Some good news, my new contract came today. I will be earning an extra £100 at work whilst it is less than the year before last it is still something. Hopefully I will be less likely to be sick if I can rest more and lodger's money is helping trememdously. Kerrching.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Today I walked 25000 steps. This is 18km. To keep my blood sugars stable I had to eat 3 packs of sweets. I don't know if I am losing any weight but my sugars are fine. lol.

I have seen my wage slip so far and I will be paid nearly £300 for extra work on this side hustle. I will get this week's money next month too so that will be a bit extra. I have a tour tomorrow and on Thursday. I might be working on the weekend and then I quit. Dead happy it is so wonderful to see all these lovely things in the South of England.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    So pleased for you - that you're earning lovely money and that you're enjoying the tours. That's a blooming long way to walk in a day, wow! Especially with this heat.....!!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I am so chuffed with myself it is helping me to earn and to keep fit too. Tomorrrow I only have a one hour class so I am meeting my friend and going for a long walk before hand.

Today I visited Southsea Castle with the students. It was fun I enjoyed the walk. The weather was v warm again 27/26 I think. I hope it tones me up but I haven't lost any weight despite all this walking.

On Saturday I am visiting Bath with a group. I haven't been for a long time and am looking forward to it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Honestly this sounds amazing, you must be loving it.

Great that you are able to do something which you enjoy and it earns you money.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Right all is well. I only taught for an hour today and met a friend for lunch she paid - so nice. I paid IT friend £40 for all of his hard work as he is still sorting out the new computer so it can do all the stuff I need for my job. I hope it is sorted v soon and I can use the laptop in the garden.

I am going on a short trip tomorrow. From 1-4pm.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure