The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Boo to the £75 cost for the meal, I would be the same if I was you.

It's just not something I can afford as an unplanned expense!

Get your lawn and ironing done then enjoy some sunshine.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Im having a break for cheese on toast and then I am nearly done in the garden. Ive logged on to the laptop and am loving using it downsairs, my wifi doesn't seem to reach the garden however.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That is annoying!

Enjoy your cheese on toast.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I am teaching a class tomorrow at the summer school and also taking a tour party out on Saturday. My parents come on Sunday so I will take some of the week off.

By then I will have done 24 hours at the Summer School which is great. I am hoping that even with the minimum wage I will have made some contribution towards the cost of the laptop.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Excellent news!

That laptop will be paid off in no time.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Bless you. I just checked my old bank account was definitely closed so I don't get stuck with any unwanted hassle.

I am going to stay positive as I will earn some money today. The sun has just come out too which is good. I am about to iron outside to music. Then I will feel like I have achieved something.:j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Still cloudy in Glasgow but looks like it might brighten up later on.

Not that it matters to me, I'm stuck in work till 6.30pm.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    edited 17 January 2022 at 5:59PM
    Options
    Hello Dolly Rocker. I hope you are home now. The whole country is quiet because of the England vs Croatia football match.:j

I taught at summer school today and will do another 11.5 hours over the next 3 days. :T:T:T
  • savingwannabe
    edited 12 July 2018 at 10:01AM
    Options
    Ok I killed the smoke alarm last night. I fiddled with it and it fell down and smashed. (Blooming irony is that it was a different alarm that made the noise! I was too blooming half asleep to realise till I broke it. I blame the England match I was distraught and not in my right mind). I need to get another one and get it fitted. I wonder how much it will cost? Yikes. Houses do cost money all the time but it's ok as I love my house.

I am returning in triumph:j:j:j:j:j:j:j despite prices of £40 on the internet I have managed to track the exact same model including delivery for £19.99! Kerrrching!!!!!:beer::beer::beer::money:

I am learning all of this because of MSE and this thread. The old me would have called an engineer and have been charged for fitting which I don't need as the base unit is fine!

I am fat again and have gone back to 60kg as I ate crisps and sweets which I bought for my students. I have to keep buying second lots. lol. So embarrassed.
    I will do some work today before I teach at the summer job late this afternoon.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 13 July 2018 at 1:54PM
    Options
    I am working for two hours tonight at the summer school. The tour i was put down for may not take place tomorrow as not enough students signed up. So in total by the end of today I will have earned for half of my computer about £120. Not bad considering I am on holiday.

I am going to try to avoid spending money on anything other than food and travel for me but I will treat my parents and brother when they come on Sunday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure