The Happiness Fund.

edited 18 July 2020 at 5:15PM in How much have you saved?
3.8K replies 306K views

Replies

• edited 7 June 2015 at 3:58PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 June 2015 at 3:58PM
    Hello Aesop and Mrs Upsidedown Bear!

Thank you for lovely picture of my mate Daniel. :kisses:

I don't feel amazing. I feel I have discovered a secret that I should have known since I was 25! I have a lot of catching up to do. lol. All the people on this thread are in the same boat and so inspiring. It cheers me up.

Only reason that I have a lot of views is because i post a lot (to stay on track) and so it is always on the top of the thread so some poor person has to read it!!!! lol. :rotfl:

What a gorgeous day! I have some work to do and I am going to sift through my unused makeup again and see what I can sell on fleabay.

I have looked through my make up drawer and listed another 5 MAC brand new items on fleabay. Let's hope that I can raise some money from this and put it in my kitchen fund.
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "....HEYYYYLPP....." I say in my best Penelope Pittstop voice.

Microwave expired this morning and kettle is on its last legs! :eek:RIP!!!!:(

I am searching for a nice microwave that heats and defrosts. Argos have a De'Longhi P90D25EL-B1B Standard Microwave - Stainless Steel one on offer for about £69.00. It was previously £139.99. Does anyone think this is a good idea?

I just use it sometimes to heat the odd thing up or defrost. I don't use it that often but my mum does when she visits as she is always heating up lovely concoctions.

Shall I not bother getting one? Any ideas kind folks? :think:
  • Upsidedown_BearUpsidedown_Bear Forumite
    18.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello :hello:

If you are used to having a microwave I think you would miss not having one.
    There are lots of good reviews for that one although quite a few people say it's very noisy. It does say that it has previously been sold for £79.99.

You have my sympathy with things breaking - our boiler isn't working :( We have a repairman coming to look at it tomorrow so fingers crossed it can be mended :cool:
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Mrs Upsidedown Bear, I have been on the phone chatting to my friends. Their mum's boiler broke down, so did my parents the other day and now yours, what are the chances of that? Can you use kettles and a bath? I had to do that a while ago.

I will think about the microwave. I would rather wait but this is such a good price. I bought a Russell Hobbs kettle from Argos today. I can't live without a cuppa.
    18.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope the other boilers get fixed soon. Yes I'll be using kettles and the bath :)

I couldn't manage without a cuppa either teasmileyf.gif
  • I hate when appliances break, I suspect our kettle will conk out soon as it's been leaking water for a few weeks now O.o

Looking at the Tesco Direct website shows a lot of microwaves, although the cheapest ones seem to be Tesco-brand ones.

A lot of the complaints about the different ones I clicked on seem to be about people not being able to fit their plates in to certain ones, perhaps it'd be worth having a browse around a few appliance stores in person to make sure you can find an affordable one that also fits your crockery? (And then buy it online once you've decided XD)
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you British Bibliophile and Mrs Upsidedown Bear for your concern and useful advice. I barely use the microwave -my guests use it more than me. I might see if I can live without one for a while. I am not sure if this is a sensible idea but I don't want to fork out money (60 quid at least) for something I wont really use. I'll see how the next few days go.

How tight am I?????
    18.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you British Bibliophile and Mrs Upsidedown Bear for your concern and useful advice. I barely use the microwave -my guests use it more than me. I might see if I can live without one for a while. I am not sure if this is a sensible idea but I don't want to fork out money (60 quid at least) for something I wont really use. I'll see how the next few days go.

How tight am I?????
    Very tight - MSE Martin would be proud of you :money::T
  • AesopAesop Forumite
    23.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally if you don't use it, I wouldn't buy one right now.

However if you do survey sites or consumer pulse or shop and scan, and can earn vouchers to make it free, I would buy then, when it costs you nothing.x
    Make upto £10 a day - September 2020 £106.56

Make upto £10 a day - best thread ever. :A

Back to make money in the new Covid19 2020 as we are going to need it!
  • edited 11 June 2015 at 5:57PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 June 2015 at 5:57PM
    I have come home after loooooong day at work. V tired and demotivated. It is nearly the summer hols. How on earth does everyone keep going to work? I am finding it harder and harder to go in. What do people think about to get them through the day?
    I have about a month then the summer holiday in which I will have to do research. I am desperate enough now to consider a lottery ticket. Yikes. At least the weather is gorgeous.