The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Ive been paid. I am rich for the weekend. Hurrah!!!!!!!!!! Well till the direct debits go out. I am saving the £100 for sure.

Today the boys are visiting. I am planning to tidy this weekend and chill. I will only visit the carboot if the weather is nice. Lots of crying at work as people have been made redundant glad I am home.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    It's lovely outside. I have done 3 lots of washing and no spending of wages as yet. It should rain tomorrow so the carboot visit is cancelled.

I'm cooking some roast chicken for tonight.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    haha I love it too when my bank balance looks great for one day a month :D Most of my direct debits come out on the 1st so its not so great today :rotfl: It has been sunny here too this afternoon so I have managed washing.... and ironing ! A first for me in my efforts to keep clutter free ;)
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Well done on ironing. I have bought a red pair of shoes from fleabay for £15. I wanted these and have been waiting since December of last year for a cheap pair to come along for work.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 2 July 2017 at 7:49AM
    Morning, it is a bit cloudy outside but is predicted to be lovely later. It would have been great to visit a car boot this morning but my friend is busy till later however we are going out and about this afternoon and hopefully we can make the most of the sunshine which is coming out later. I'm hoping we can visit the beach so I can burn off the comfort food Ive been eating this month.

I managed some savings last month but not a lot and am waiting for my dds to go out so I can see what I have left. Am so excited we are having hols in a few days. :):):):) The boys and 3 dogs are in Scotland. Last thing I heard Andy was trying a great Scottish accent and planning to hunt haggis to put in his Weetabix, God help Scotland.:rotfl::rotfl:

Summer is in the air the weather should be good so I wont miss not travelling abroad.:):T:j:beer::money:

Work is grim at the moment - so I was a bit down but I am getting the nicest messages from friends - you forget how lovely people are it is really humbling.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    had to laugh about the haggis :rotfl:Have a lovely day out and about with your friend hope the sun comes out for you :cool:
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 2 July 2017 at 6:34PM
    I have just bought a new red coat and am selling the other one. Bargain price.

I spent £10 on me, £15 on parking, food, petrol for friend as they drove for ages helping me out.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 4 July 2017 at 7:14PM
    Once my direct debits go out I will have £100 cash left over in my account! I am going to be using my credit card a lot this month I think and raiding my holiday fund which is quite miserable & £100! Some of this will be used on next months credit card and ebay selling fees. Yikes. I'm considering taking some money out of my kitchen/happiness fund so I can enjoy my holiday as much as possible. Maybe £150?

Still I have red coats a plenty and also nice shoes and furniture so hopefully I shant need much. I will be taking sarnies everywhere. lol.

In the holiday I have some coats to sell!, some garden compost bins too hopefully this may raise some money. As a last resort I have some books I can sell too.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 5 July 2017 at 6:29PM
    The lady who was from the agency is going to come tomorrow to look at the house and interview me. She forgot to come today! lol.

Today I am going to mow the grass, I am exhausted from this so I am having a break and then I might paint my garden table later this afternoon. I tried but it was flying ant day and they were huge so I came in as I have a brain.:rotfl: I sorted out my NOW tv box overcharge with a two hour email chat to Indian call centre. OMG.:eek::eek::eek: I'm not racist - I'm an indian:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That's plenty for the first day of my holiday.

The gang are in Scotland and still looking for the elusive haggis, it has rained a bit but they have also had good weather. They return on Thursday night/Fri morning - v late- and have Saturday to recover before we spend a day in London visiting a food show. :D:beer::money:

Am waiting for some parcels to arrive tomorrow and hopefully the lady to come.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Yay to the start of your holidays :j :beer: :T

I hate flying ants too !
    Hope the lady from the agency turns up tomorrow. Food show sounds fab :D

Living off savings diary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback