Time to step up to the plate..

Options

Comments

• stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Oh and I've opened another savings a/c with my bank to use as my tax savings a/c. It's all online, which should help make it easier to manage. I WILL be disciplined about this a/c as it's for HMRC!! :rotfl:
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hooray!! You knows you can rename accounts on online banking? Call it *Can't touch this - dew now now now...* :rotfl: xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    PMSL! That exactly what I'm going to call it!! :D:D
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    hello everyone :hello:

things are a bit calmer today; Mum has gone back to Dad feeling *much* better, which is good, and I have my house back ;)

Today has been a pretty good day, work was busy but productive (they don't always go together!), DD had a great day at school, and I've got the fire lit and a gin in hand :D I've had to have the heating on more while Mum was here, but now she's gone I can turn it down again :money: We found out on Monday that DD has got into our first choice of secondary school too, which we're all very pleased about. OH scoffed at the time about my carefully crafted letter that went with the application, but now is very pleased with me - especially as we know other people in the village didn't get in. Which I sort of feel guilty about. :o

Today's OP: £5.37 to CC1. My tax savings now has £200, and I'll add it to my sig. Payday is a week on Friday, and I'm looking forward to doing some proper money re-jigging!

Hope everyone else is ok x
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Yay for perfect letters and DD getting in. Well done to her!! :D:D I am a bit frightened of secondary schools around here. I didn't go to school in an area that had Grammar schools whereas in Kent it is the only way :eek: lots of 11+ pressure... I am not sure it is that good...

I have had the heating on constantly for the last few weeks because of washing drying/small babies visiting/poorly peoples. So am resolutely sitting here with my fingers falling off now that I can finally have it off. Very grateful for my heating but more so for jumpers ;)

Glad that mum is well enough to go home and you have your space back. I love seeing my parents but at the age of 28 I am not meant to live with them for more than a couple of days...they drive me insane!!

Many hugs to you... enjoy your peace :) xx
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    :D I'm sitting here in a jumper and a woolly cardigan.. Would much rather add layers than heat empty rooms! I do love my electric blanket though :o

Today's OP to Cc1 is £10. All my bank accounts are at lovely round numbers ;):D
  • juicyjackieb
    Options
    Hallelujah to round numbers!
    Goal to Clear Debts £4592 Total Progress since 03/10/2020 £2802
    Overdraft £1000 PAID OFF JAN 2021
    iPhone £817 PAID February 2021
    CC was £2775 now £1790 Savings - £42.11
    Check out my debt diary here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6197423/keto-cash-credit-card-debt-goals-for-2021/p1?new=1
    Weight loss since 2018 following a FRUGAL Keto lifestyle Lost so far - 115lbs -85lbs To go!
    Follow my Frugal Keto journey here: https://www.youtube.com/user/juicyjackie
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Don't set me off with round numbers. I have one account that has a round number :rotfl: and I don't want to get into the habit because there will always be one that isn't and I will start buying chocolate bars that are stupid prices just to make things even in there... :eek: not very MSE buying a £2.39 bar of chocolate just so your account rounds down :rotfl:

I've been making carrot and lentil soup and making bread dough so I am suitably warm :) have now got into bed with electric blanket whilst it proves. Must not fall asleep!!!! x
  • stepuptothepl8
    stepuptothepl8 Posts: 913 Forumite
    edited 7 March 2015 at 5:59PM
    Options
    Oooops, missed a day posting :o I did log in and catch up with the diaries but didn't have time to post. We went to the school quiz night with some friends and came a respectable third :D :j

It's a beautiful day here, hope it is with everyone else. I've just taken the dog for a walk, will try to post a pic. She's really nervous of strangers but she did really well today :T

And CC1 is now 7% paid off! It's going to be below £6k next week when I get paid, can't wait :D
  • stepuptothepl8
    stepuptothepl8 Posts: 913 Forumite
    edited 7 March 2015 at 6:12PM
    Options
    Ok.. I can't work out how to post a pic .. It's on Dropbox. Anybody know?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family