Time to step up to the plate..

Options

Comments

• liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ^ there speaks someone without a toddler. :rotfl: dreading it.
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    True! Mine is 11, but is like me, up with the sun! Blackout linings work to an extent but not really enough. Spring also means hay fever season..not looking forward to that!
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • HarrysMummy
    HarrysMummy Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    ^ there speaks someone without a toddler. :rotfl: dreading it.

I shall second that

All you Kondo-ing people fancy coming to do mine? I started and then forgot when i did my last lot of ironing and shoved everything in on top. Dudes drawers are going to burst soon (although i need to remove some stuff that he's now outgrown)

Please come save me from drowning in a pile of clothes:D
    January 2015 - LBM
    MBNA - £1697.96
    Savings - £51.37/1000
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    :hello: HM I'm pretty ruthless, you might not want me Kondo'ing your stuff.. "Does this bring you joy, HM, does it, DOES IT?? " :rotfl:

Today's Tilly Tidy £4.04 into the savings - as then I can transfer it back if I need to!

Madly busy day today, so I'm still pretty hyper. DD in bed, kitchen is tidy, WM on, DW on, TD on. Might sit down with a sloe gin now in a concerted effort to relax before bed :o

Am pondering my workload. It's not sustainable on a long term basis, and I'm wondering how to manage my time better. Not sure there's a solution, but I'm putting it out there to the universe that I'd like to be able to do my job in the hours I get paid for, as opposed to the hours I don't!
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    If the universe is listening I would like to be given 3 days worth of work instead of 5 days to fit into 3 days. :rotfl:

I have on occasion used gaffer tape to tape down the blackout blind in Jellys bedroom. I've also lost track of the amount of times I have had to repaint said window because I pulled all the paint off with gaffer tape.. :rotfl:

Definitely try and relax before bed. Having said that I am off to shape some burgers and cook them so the meat doesn't go off after I made a huge batch of turkey mince/stuffing meatball mix earlier. Note to self, in future you do not need to turn 600g of minced turkey and 150grams of dry weight stuffing into 3 meatballs for a 2 year old :mad: - I'm going to be eating turkey burgers for the foreseeable.

HM I daren't kondo my own wardrobe. When I open it everything falls out. Inside out, unironed, jammed in with my iron and a box of pegs... The bottom drawer of the wardrobe is full of.. weights. Actual dumb bells and things. And they aren't even mine. I have literally nowhere else to put them though. I really need a chest of drawers.

xx
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    That piccie of Tess is lovely - she reminds me of my dog Bonny (from years ago, don't have her now). She was a short-haired collie cross.

Best likeness I've seen, (from a bit of a distance, I realize!!)

Hummingbird x
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    HM I daren't kondo my own wardrobe. When I open it everything falls out. Inside out, unironed, jammed in with my iron and a box of pegs... The bottom drawer of the wardrobe is full of.. weights. Actual dumb bells and things. And they aren't even mine. I have literally nowhere else to put them though. I really need a chest of drawers.

xx

Note that I haven't said I've kondo'd my chest of drawers.. because I haven't :o
    If I did my clothes, I'd be like you Lilty I'd have to confront the reality of the situation, which is that I wear about 5% of my clothes, as they're the only ones that fit :o and only about 0.5% bring me any joy at all.. One day!!
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    That piccie of Tess is lovely - she reminds me of my dog Bonny (from years ago, don't have her now). She was a short-haired collie cross.

Best likeness I've seen, (from a bit of a distance, I realize!!)

Hummingbird x

aww thanks Hummingbird.. my old dog was the similar mix, and was Bonnie. I'll see if I can find a closer pic..

33oi34i.jpg

200bp8m.jpg

she's not spoilt at all :rotfl: x
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Awww she is gorgeous. I really miss my doggy :( jealous of that fire too!!!
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    I do love my fires :D got one in the sitting room and one in the snug and if the weather is cold it's the only thing that stops my Victorian house from feeling like a fridge!

Today has mostly been about me trying not to lose my temper in an inter-department team meeting :mad: I lead a newly formed (less than 1 year) team in an existing very traditional field, and I'm trying to protect my team from having all the sh!te dumped on them. Our remit is wide enough without having to do all the bits no-one else wants to. So far so good, but I'm sure it's just the first skirmish and not the war won. We'll see.

In other news.. 3 days till payday! Today's Tilly Tidy has taken me to 8.2% paid off CC1, which is really good, but I'm wishing the days away til I can pay off a bit more of a chunk. Another item has sold on the bay of fleas so I need to pack that up for posting tomorrow. DD had her (budgeted for) piano lesson today; it's beginning to get a little trickier, so we had tears on the way home :( I think she thought it would come magically! We've made a deal that I will sit with her for 10 minutes every day while she practices so that I can help with her timing etc. (I play very badly but enough to help there). Not a lot else to report. I'm looking forward to updating my sig on Friday!

Hope everyone else is having a good Tuesday xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills