GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• I have recently signed up, rather concerned, the savings are large, however this is a web / internet only service and their website does not work, so no way of checking your account nor getting statements online. I have given the company until the end of July to perform and will then change suppliers if I cannot get bills or check the account
  • dugongs2
    dugongs2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    i have been with gb for 3 months and can after much messing around with their customer services access the online portal to enter meter readings.

But have never received a statement - I emailed a week ago asking for the statements to be sent but not heard anything.
  • JBH100
    JBH100 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Joined a month ago, 1st impressions not good. Customer service hours are too short & when you do get through the impression is of a very small, somewhat unprofessional operation. Website is unusable and emailed queries appear not be being dealt with. DDs are taken in advance which is somewhat unusual. I'll leave it a couple more months & if they don't improve I'll switch again! Hopefully OFGEM are watching their performance closely!
  • after 4 months their website is still absolutely useless. am unable to sign in without resetting my password every time I try and when I get in I am unable to see bills or statements.

They are cheaper and switching to them was easy but they need to get their act together soon otherwise I will change to someone else.
  • Can they do that? Are they allowed to take money before you're a customer and before you've used any gas and electricity???
  • Mac9091_2
    Mac9091_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Save £300, nice one. Only problem, doesn't seem to be available in Scotland.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    As above cant see bills online, rang yesterday and asked for a up to date bill, said i would receive in a few minutes and its hasn't arrived hours later, really dont like not knowing if im in credit/debit
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Best thing to do is to take your reading and work out what it costs yourself. I do this on a spreadsheet so that I know where I am.
  • dugongs2
    dugongs2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    i have been a customer of gb for a few months now and have been content to see how they develop. but i was hoping that by now the website issues would be resolved and at least a statement would be available.

Currently tbat is not the case but after 3 emals to customer services they finally managed to download the statements and email them to me. It all looks fine so will leave for another few months and hope they sort out their website.
  • ByteZine
    ByteZine Posts: 38 Forumite
    This is a post for GB Energy if they are reading :

For 'start-up' teething problems like this it would be good If the company updated what's happening with the website and signing-up infrastructure so that we know when it's all sorted.

At those prices I would guess there's a stampede to join but no point if we can't access the website and may end up paying 2 companies at the same time for energy.

Personally I want to be told :
    When is the sign up process flawless ?
    When can the website cope with members wishing to view their account ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure