Options

Comments

• DaftMule
    DaftMule Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 June 2015 at 1:24PM
    Options
    Update today:

I now have an account page with 2 working buttons available. One lets me see my account details and the other is for meter readings. Currently the meter readings page does not have anywhere to put in a reading though.

Re my issue of having a different account number on the web site compared to that in my welcome document, I decided to call them this morning. After 40 mins on hold I got through to a very pleasant and helpful chap who explained that one number is my Account number and the other is my customer number. The confusion is that on the Account web page is has my customer number as my account number.

Anyway, the customer service chap said their IT people have said the website should be sorted by the end of this week. we shall see.

Just thought it worth adding, I emailed them on Sunday evening re my concerns and I got a reply within 24hrs. So, in my experience their email response time is not too shabby.

I really think this is a case of a company trying to run before they can walk. At the moment they are stumbling. It remains to be seen whether they fall flat on their faces or mange to gather their feet under them and jog on...
  • sidbee
    sidbee Posts: 49 Forumite
    edited 2 June 2015 at 12:36PM
    Options
    sidbee wrote: »
    Finally managed to get through on phone to give my opening meter read. And have received a reply to my email about the non-existent log-in details - quote:-

"GB Energy Supply would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused when not receiving your log in details.
    At present our web server is undergoing some maintenance, and is scheduled to be complete by the end of May 2015.

If you want to request your log in details, go to the GB Energy Supply log in page and enter your email address following that, click the forgot password link and you should receive and email with instructions on how to set up your new log in details."

End of May is next week............. any bets on whether they will have got round to putting in a system by then?

As for the 'forgot password' advice, I had already tried that 2 weeks ago, still waiting for their email with instructions though!

Well, end of May has gone and the systen still isn't working.

I did contact them again to say that the "forgot password" link hadn't worked, and got a reply that they would "request a manual reset for your log in details". Not sure how that's supposed to work as I never had any log in details..... !

Anyway, of more concern now is that I noticed that my Welcome Pack had what I assumed to be an error in the daily standing charge. It stated it to be 36p per day (excluding VAT) for electricity. But the quote I obtained from their web site before I signed up - and still being quoted when I got another quote from them today as if I were another new punter - states it as 26.775p per day. That is also the standing charge shown in their Price List on the web site (25.5 per day ex VAT) , and used by comparison sites.

However after pointing out this apparent error in their Welcome Pack I received an email back this morning from them enclosing what they say is their current tarrif sheet which does indeed show the standing charge for my region as 36p per day ex-VAT !!!

I have asked for an explanation.
    sidbee
  • sidbee
    Options
    Update - a very quick reply by email from GB Energy this time. They confirm that the standing charge shown in my original quote and in the price list on the web site is correct. They don't explain why one of their employees sent me an out of date tarrif sheet this morning or why my Welcome Pack was also wrong, but never mind...........
    sidbee
  • sidbee
    Options
    And a further Update! I received another email from them this morning, once again apologising for the confusion and saying that action has been taken to prevent out-of-date tarrif packs being sent out in error in the future.

Also, clicking the 'forgot password' link on their website (even though I never had one to forget) did this time result in receiving an auto-generated email with a link to reset it, which actually worked. So I can now access the My Account section, which has a box to enter a meter read and tells me (correctly!) how long since I last gave one (but not, sadly, any history of what it was). Also there seems to be no provision yet to view statements, although maybe that won't be apparent until I have one to view.

All in all, things appear to be happening and teething problems sorted out.
    sidbee
  • town_cryer
    town_cryer Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I did a search using MSE and chose GB Energy partly because they were the cheapest but also because there were no exit fees if I change my mind. You mentioned that there had been little feedback about GB Energy so here is my experience so far - the switch hasn't actually gone through yet. I have never switched online so I wasn't sure of the procedure and what to expect.
    I had exact power usage and payments for the last year. After completing the form it said it was checking my payment details and after several minutes it said it was still checking but nothing happened. I tried phoning GB Customer Services but after 12 minutes the line went dead. I tried again several times the next day and also emailed them to ask if I had switched or not. Beth at Customer Services emailed back and just told me to phone the same number I had been calling. I continued phoning over the next few days and then emailed again. I went through the switching procedure and was given a direct debit of £1073 PER MONTH! I emailed and cancelled it and also emailed Beth at Customer Services again who cancelled it from her end. I went through the switch again and ended up with a proper quote of £118 per month. I will continue with the switch but if this how their 'so called' Customer Service works I can see me leaving GB Energy fairly soon. Despite cumalative calls lasting over 3 hours and even emailing asking someone to call me I have still not been able to speak to anyone on the phone.
  • tomthered
    tomthered Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Apparently reading the GB website they only came into being last year so very very new. The boss started this after being asked to. Was thinking about a switch but the only thing going for them is the fact you can leave with no penalty.
  • Retyred
    Retyred Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Just signed up with GB and everything went OK. Hoping the switch goes as smoothly...
  • dylan32
    dylan32 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Received message from MSE, at my request,when i could save £100, after reading all reviews i will not bother at this time,we have been informed we now qualify for warm home discount from coop energy, GB do not do this,but still having massive problems trying to get into my coop account,this has been going on since feb.:mad:
  • MR2phil
    MR2phil Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 29 June 2015 at 2:41PM
    Options
    I requested a dual fuel switch to GBENERGY on 27th May and so far everything has gone according to my expectations. The slight advance debit payment (7 days in advance in my case), is no big deal and I was made aware of this arrangement from the outset.

I cannot fault their communication so far. Because some folks have experienced difficulties, I decided to test their Customer Support Service this lunch time and was pleased to have my call answered within a minute and by a chap with a Yorkshire accent. He dealt with my questions in a polite, professional manner and promised to send me an email to enable registration for their on line system. This email was received before our conversation ended and after following the link on the email, I was registered straight away.

This process provided me with access to my account, where I was able to view my details and view the screen for providing meter readings. I cannot see any problems with using their site at this stage, although it does seem fairly basic compared with the big company sites.

All in all I have been pleased with the transition process and have not encountered any of the issues/pproblems experienced by the folks above. Long may this continue! In my case the transfer of supply should be completed by late June.

Update on 29th June.

Gbenergy switch completed after providing them with meter readings, which apparently is only possible once the transfer date has arrived. They accepted my readings over the phone this afternoon ( only a 2 min wait for them to answer) and I can now see the meter reading input boxes, which were previously missing from my account page. So the transfer is complete and it was no more difficult than previous transfers with the big 6 companies!
  • slb2008
    slb2008 Posts: 32 Forumite
    edited 26 June 2015 at 6:56PM
    Options
    Have recently signed up with them. They asked me to submit initial meter readings online. Their website initially informed me I had not submitted a reading. On choosing to submit a reading, it told me the readings were up to date and would not allow submission of a new reading.

I then phoned them. They do provide a freephone number and it is open until late evening. I got through in a few seconds to someone who apologies for this problem and took the readings.

So mixed results thus far but my experience is better than some are reporting.

26-jun-15: They emailed me to say the transfer was nearly complete but did not follow up with a second message to say it had completed. Three weeks later the previous supplier (Ovo) made another direct debit charge, though my account was already in credit. However, it seems that this was Ovo's fault not GB Energy and Ovo have agreed to refund the charge.

GB Energy's website does seem unreliable and customer services sometimes answer the phone but say that cannot help since the computer system is down. Time taken to answer the phone varies but in my experience it is a slightly better than other suppliers.

So, not perfect but service reasonably ok and the prices are good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure