GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• facade
    facade Posts: 7,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Join the club.
    Just went onto the Hong Kong and Shanghai to stop the DD, and they took it yesterday.

I suspect if we switch ourselves now, that our credit will take a much longer route to get back to us, the Ofgem blurb reads like they move us to their mate, at 3 or 4 times the price, and our credit transfers to them, obviously we need to switch to a capped tariff now, as the prices are ramping up ready for winter
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • facade
    Options
    Just been to EON electricity is 64% more, and gas is 29% more than GBE
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

• veryintrigued
    Options
    ironically after a dozen or switches over the last few years this latest one to GB was the smoothest!

b@gger
  • facade
    Options
    Even the BBC know now..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38119754

I'm tempted to grab a capped deal now, it could be months before we get contacted, and no doubt we will owe the new supplier for every unit since our last meter read, at about 3 times the price.

• BeltonRose
    Options
    Tried to submit meter reading today and the website is no longer accessible - they are no longer trading. It appears OFGEM decide who to transfer you too - and the new supplier puts you onto a "deemed" contract/tariff - which is most likely to be an expensive one. When will the Big 6 energy companies cotton on that they could make more money if they made it attractive to their customers to remain LOYAL and stay with them. It would reduce admin costs etc etc. Loyalty counts for nothing anymore with energy, banks, phones, tv, even mortgages. The world has gone MAD!!!!!!!!!
  • jblackmore
    Options
    Just heard GB Energy have ceased trading, I dodged a bullet as literally 3 weeks ago had £250 credit refunded, and switched supplier on 5th November.

I feel very sorry for the GB energy customers, and it seems an outrage that Ofgem don't have a better system for A monitoring suppliers to ensure they don't over extend - especially when GB were still advertising for new customers very recently and B have a graceful way for customers to switch to any supplier they wish immediately.
  • facade
    Options
    I know the reason is "competition" but I still can't see why all these living room middle men can make a profit selling me electricity cheaper than the manufacturer will.

Why isn't there one price for everybody from one company, we could call it "the CEGB" or something
    If the state owned it, they could run it at zero profit, which has to be cheaper than the cheapest "deal"

• facade
    edited 26 November 2016 at 9:46PM
    Options
    jblackmore wrote: »
    I feel very sorry for the GB energy customers, and it seems an outrage that Ofgem don't have a better system for A monitoring suppliers to ensure they don't over extend - especially when GB were still advertising for new customers very recently and B have a graceful way for customers to switch to any supplier they wish immediately.

Thanks.

I suspect that what has to happen is the whole customer account file gets sold to the highest bidder, so if we jump ship now the billing will go wrong and we will have the devil of a job to get our credit sorted out and refunded.

Does read like OFGEM won't guarantee the refund unless we wait out their switch, by which time the energy prices will have doubled elsewhere.

I was £111 in credit on 6 nov, I use about £90 a month, and they took £135 yesterday, so I reckon I'm £150 in credit, a quick energy search says EON want £1500 a year, but NPower want £1100, it might be better to kiss £150 goodbye and save £400 to be £250 up in the worst case scenario.

• facade
    Options
    No idea how it will work.

If the supplier of last resort manages to bill us at double the unit prices we have now (not difficult, the cheaper deals are 50% more, and they apparently are taking on more "risk" because GBE credit checked us, not them, and we only have a couple of months credit balance) then they can wipe out our credit balances in a month of foot dragging

(The PC I'm working at could no doubt process 160,000 bills and send out 160,000 emails by tomorrow, but I wouldn't hold your breath on receiving a letter from them within 4 weeks)

Worse, if they manage to charge us at new rates from our last readings, ( even though we think we have paid for this month out of our credit we mostly didn't get GBE a reading for the end of the month before they went bust (I got the please read your meter email a couple of hours before they went bust so I couldn't enter it)), we could wipe out our total credit and owe them money!!!!

I'm really starting to think it might be better to jump now, and get on a sensible rate from my current meter reading and argue who owes who and how much from a position of strength.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure