GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    alanwsg wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how GB energy arrange access to their on-line accounts?
    Do they send your login details via email or post, or what?

It is all done online. You will get Login details and be asked to change/set your password.

Thank you once again for choosing GB Energy Supply. Please find below important information about your account which you should keep in a safe place.

Login Details

Password
    This link expires in 4 hours

SET PASSWORD
    Yours sincerely,
    Luke Watson
    Managing Director
  • SimonDH
    Options
    Finally got my login details sorted after an email to support. The glut of negative reviews is slightly worrying. My switch date is this Saturday. Will report back after.
  • pennywise63
    Options
    I have also found the same with comparison sites, the only way to know for sure is to do the calculations yourself based on the unit charge and the daily standing charge for the (approx) number of units you use each year making sure that what your paying now and the new suppliers rates are both + the dreaded VAT..Quite often the quoted saving is much less and as you rightly remark for a quid a week difference hardly worth the hassle .
  • System
    Options
    I have also found the same with comparison sites, the only way to know for sure is to do the calculations yourself based on the unit charge and the daily standing charge for the (approx) number of units you use each year making sure that what your paying now and the new suppliers rates are both + the dreaded VAT..Quite often the quoted saving is much less and as you rightly remark for a quid a week difference hardly worth the hassle .

The elephant in the room is 'what assumption would you make'? OFGEM, with DECC's, support is pushing to get more people to switch. By using the present methodology, the savings are 100% accurate - except for consumers on a fixed term tariff with less than 12 months to run.

I have long argued that Ofgem should adopt a system of 12 months on present tariff compared to 12 months on the new tariff with the savings derived from this simple sum. Ofgem is having none of it but then we know that Ofgem thinks it's changes have made energy tariffs, simpler, fairer and clearer. I bet they never thought that energy companies would churn out new versions of the same tariff every few weeks.
  • System
    Options
    SimonDH wrote: »
    Finally got my login details sorted after an email to support. The glut of negative reviews is slightly worrying. My switch date is this Saturday. Will report back after.

In an attempt to put your mind at rest, I switched to GBEnergy last month and my switching date was the 10th January. I provided GB with an actual meter reading on the 10th February - via their website - and I got a bill through overnight. The statement is clear and easy to read and based on my actual reading.

Quite frankly, I can do without fancy websites, apps and energy calculators, I just want a simple system that bills me accurately for the energy that I have used. I have this Utopian hope that one day all energy supplier customer service and complaints' reps will be given their P45s.
  • pengers
    Options
    I switched to GB last summer - reasonably satisfied though the website is very limited. I have now changed to edf for gas as their Blue price promise is cheaper and I use a lot of gas (so 25p per day charge is unimportant.
    The chageover did not go smoothly and I had to phone them twice to sort it - which they did eventually.
    So quite good but not ideal
  • System
    Options
    pengers wrote: »
    I switched to GB last summer - reasonably satisfied though the website is very limited. I have now changed to edf for gas as their Blue price promise is cheaper and I use a lot of gas (so 25p per day charge is unimportant.
    The chageover did not go smoothly and I had to phone them twice to sort it - which they did eventually.
    So quite good but not ideal

Your comment is more properly directed at EDF rather than GBEnergy, as the gaining supplier is responsible for all aspects of the switch except for final billing. GBEnergy now has online billing which is new but works. That said, they are also still sending out PDF copies of the bills.
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I still haven't received any login details yet and my switch is due to happen next Thursday when they want me to enter meter readings.

Should I chase them up, or do they leave it until the last moment?
  • System
    Options
    alanwsg wrote: »
    I still haven't received any login details yet and my switch is due to happen next Thursday when they want me to enter meter readings.

Should I chase them up, or do they leave it until the last moment?

I would give them a call.
  • pengers
    Options
    Hengus, it was GB's very slow method of returning the significant amount of cash they had in my account and sorting out new direct debits - nothing to do with edf. Sorry if I did not make clear the problem of changeover.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure