GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• shapala
    shapala Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Very impressed with GB Energy Supply.

Switched in mid Nov as my 1 yr MSE fix with EON was coming to an end and the tarriff would have gone up a good deal so decided to switch.

Switched online and everything went through nicely.

Was given a switch date and soon after received a letter from EON confirming they're sorry to see I'm leaving. I was slightly in credit with them and was refunded my credit to my current account without even requesting it (well done EON!).

As others have mentioned, GBES are a little cheaper than EON's fix for daily charge and unit cost so I'm very happy, so far, with the service and how smooth it's all been.

For info, I calculated how many units I use per year thanks to an annual EON statement + a little extra on top. GBES presented a direct debit amount to pay every month and works out £4 /month cheaper than EON so all looks good. Happy bunny here.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    shapala wrote: »
    Very impressed with GB Energy Supply.

Switched in mid Nov as my 1 yr MSE fix with EON was coming to an end and the tarriff would have gone up a good deal so decided to switch.

Switched online and everything went through nicely.

Was given a switch date and soon after received a letter from EON confirming they're sorry to see I'm leaving. I was slightly in credit with them and was refunded my credit to my current account without even requesting it (well done EON!).

As others have mentioned, GBES are a little cheaper than EON's fix for daily charge and unit cost so I'm very happy, so far, with the service and how smooth it's all been.

For info, I calculated how many units I use per year thanks to an annual EON statement + a little extra on top. GBES presented a direct debit amount to pay every month and works out £4 /month cheaper than EON so all looks good. Happy bunny here.

Sorry to see you go shapala but glad we've handled the loss okay and sorted your refund. Don't forget, too, if you opted in to our Rewards scheme there might be some points that need claiming. These will be shown on your final bill and can be exchanged for either Tesco Clubcard points or High Street Shopping Vouchers until all the points have gone or expired.

Hope this is of interest shapala.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • XmissGreenX
    Options
    We swapped from
    Eon to GB energy last Jan after using a pre paid electric and had metres. So far we have saved a huge amount and have been happy with the service :)
  • Choppington
    Options
    We signed up back in August and so far haven't had any problems. The website is very clean and simple to use. I see some compaints about it, but honestly haven't experienced any issues myself. It would be nice if you could view a month-on-month comparison of your energy usage/bills like we could with EDF, but I guess that'll come in time. The proof of the pudding is always in how quickly the company sorts out any issues you come across, but so far we haven't had any to report on. Good for us, but not so helpful for review purposes I suppose :)
  • alanwsg
    alanwsg Posts: 773 Forumite
    Options
    Just setup a switch to GB Energy from the Sainsburys fix which is ending on the 29th Feb.
    Online application fell at the last fence with "There was a problem with switching you", I see some others had the same problems.
    Phoned the number given and got the switch underway without further issues (Apart from having to repeat all my details and listen to them reading out all the T&C's).

We'll see what happens next ......
  • SimonDH
    Options
    After reading this thread I decided to get a quote from GB (we are currently with OVO). With an estimated £100 + yearly saving I started the switch online on the 15th Jan.

There was a problem with my online switch so I was prompted to call them instead. 'Here we go' I thought, but rang them anyway. After less than 30 seconds of waiting I was through to a very helpful chap. He explained the problem was the gas meter still being registered to the plot number and not the house number. After listening to him pound away at his keyboard for a while he assured me it would not pose a problem. He also informed he could not complete the switch and gave me another number to call.

'Here we go again' I thought, but rang them anyway. After minimal waiting another very helpful chap answered. He took all my details, read me all the T's and C's, gave me a direct debit date and assured me I'd receive a welcome pack soon.

Two weeks, and no welcome pack later, I rang again. After about two minutes on hold I spoke to a rather surly lady who could find no record of my switch on the system. 'Great' I thought. Thinking of the savings on offer I went through the switch process again. I received the welcome pack via email moments after getting off the phone. I now have a switch date of 13th Feb but I have no user name or password for the website. I feel one more phone call will have to take place.

Can any successful switchees tell me when, and how, they received their login details to the website?
  • alanwsg
    Options
    I've heard nothing since arranging the switch which was just two weeks ago - I did get a welcome email straight away but have had nothing through the post.

However, I seem to remember them saying it would arrive after the 'cooling-off' period (i.e. about now).

Might give them a ring just to check.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    alanwsg wrote: »
    I've heard nothing since arranging the switch which was just two weeks ago - I did get a welcome email straight away but have had nothing through the post.

However, I seem to remember them saying it would arrive after the 'cooling-off' period (i.e. about now).

Might give them a ring just to check.

You won't get anything through the post: it is all online. Your Contract was an attachment to the original email. On the day of the planned switch, GB will email you with a request for a meter reading. A week before your first bill, GB will send you a meter reading request. For accurate billing send it the day before the date of the month that your contract started. Basic - yes but it works.
  • alanwsg
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    You won't get anything through the post: it is all online. Your Contract was an attachment to the original email.

There was no attachment to the original mail,
    and they said I'd receive my login details through the post.
  • alanwsg
    Options
    Phoned them to check - no trace of me on their systems.
    Took all details again, doesn't fill me with confidence!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure