Off on our adventure....Jan 2015

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's your thread, you're allowed to vent! Can you rearrange your leave so that you can go to the caravan another time? Think you could do with a little break x

Unfortunately this is the only week that we can both get off work, between now and September, when we already have a week marked off. We both work in places where no more than one person can be off at any one time. :(
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear your planned break has been cancelled.

Cheer up. Harder to do than to type though, I know.

Take care and keep strong -x-
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • System
    Options
    Well all is well.....did a car boot yesterday and made enough money to book a caravan in Norfolk for 4 nights next week and also enough money to fill the car with diesel!:) So we are off to Norfolk on Monday next week. Hoping weather will be good for us...will be so nice just to have a break. Taking a couple of books, scrabble and trivial pursuit:rotfl:
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    that sounds perfect.. fingers crossed for some beautiful weather for you :)
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • System
    Options
    Quick update before we go to Norfolk on Monday. Checked accounts the other day, only to find that L****s had still been adding on interest to our loan, even though they had told me in March that it would all stop and was being sent to the recoveries dept and we have since had a letter saying being defaulted. I also had spoken to someone on May 1st, after they had added on another months interest,:mad: and she had assured me it would be taken off within the next couple of days and said she could see it shouldn't have been added on in the first place!
    So on the same day as I had spoken to her, they had added another £111 interest. To say I was not a happy bunny was an understatement. The girl I spoke to this time, agreed it was a banking error and should never have been added on and that we were being defaulted, but apparently it is still in the process of going to the recoveries dept....since March 1st!!?? So once again, they say it will be sorted and to check acc again in a few days. I told them if it is not sorted this time, I will be putting in a formal complaint! She said she could understand that and if it was her, she would do the same! So we will wait and see.

Hope you all have a good weekend.:)
  • System
    Options
    Another quick update, as I haven't been around the boards much lately.

Well after our trip to Norfolk (which was nice to get away, but rained and was very cold in caravan at night and I actually came home feeling shattered!...LOL), we came home to another letter from L****s saying another £73 interest had been added to the loan, the same day as the other 2 amounts had been rectified!!!:mad::mad: Had enough of them at this point, so a nicely worded complaint letter was written and lo and behold we got a phone call from them within 48 hours of sending it. The long and the short of it is that they are sooooooo apologetic as they realise it is their error and they have now assured me that the account is already with the Recoveries Dept and definitely no more interest will be added and....they have given us £75 compensation to make up for the hassle of the phone calls I had to make etc!!:) So a good result there I think! My next step is going to be once I have written confirmation that the account is definitely defaulted, then I will write asking them to treat all accounts the same and default the CC's and OD's as well.

Apart from that, all is quiet. Had a couple of Ebay sales to boost our bank balance :)and hoping to be able to go down south to visit family (my mum is in a care home) in a couple of weeks. We don't go nearly as often as we should due to cost of fuel and having to stop in a hotel for the night. But we haven't been since December so we really should.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok.
  • neiljmuk
    neiljmuk Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    My next step is going to be once I have written confirmation that the account is definitely defaulted, then I will write asking them to treat all accounts the same and default the CC's and OD's as well.

Ditto. Thats my next Move with Lloyds. I know my loan is with recoveries. I just need to call to make sure all the interest is refunded back to January as promised then I'll move on with the OD and CC. After that it's MBNA's turn, then Argos and BC x 2 for a full house!
    LBM October 2014 :idea: DMP with StepChange as of March 2015
    Debt at Start of DMP 01/03/15: [STRIKE]£36,282.69[/STRIKE] :eek:
    Debt Now: £33,993.48 :j
  • System
    Options
    Sorry for not being around much lately. Just when I was starting to feel better after all my winter illness etc....I find out from work that we are all to be made redundant!:(
    I work for County Council as a care assistant at a day centre for people with dementia who have reached the critical stage and we are basically their last port of call to help both them and their familes. It building we use is owned by someone else and the lease runs out at end of September and cannot be renewed and council have decided to save money by not finding alternative premises:mad:! All the service users will be found alternative help, either in private sector or at a council alternative ( many miles away). All the staff will be officially put on redundancy consultancy in a month or so. As I have only been on a permanent contract for just over a year, there is no redundancy money for me:(
    So I am trying not to get negative about it, I will see how it all turns out ....I am sure everything happens for a reason. At the moment though, I am not sure what the reason is! I love my job and the girls are work with, it is the best job I have ever had and I look forward to going to work. So I need to keep positive and hope things work out ok! We definitly couldn't manage without my wage:(
  • January2015
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news Ploppy, but pleased you are keeping positive for the moment.

Keep us updated.
  • January2015
    Options
    Hi Ploppy

Just popping in to check you are okay. Hoping all is well with you and your family. Look forward to seeing you back soon.

January -x-
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure