We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 834 Forumite
    500 Posts Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've done a couple of jobs for ESA but haven't had any feedback or anything I can look at to see online. Do I assume no news is good news and I will be paid? At least with MF and GR everything is clear.

gave up with retail active. Website is so difficult to navigate with jobs miles away in my area and others nearby not??
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    missymouse wrote: »
    I've done a couple of jobs for ESA but haven't had any feedback or anything I can look at to see online. Do I assume no news is good news and I will be paid? At least with MF and GR everything is clear.

You'll get no direct feedback even if you have done something wrong, check your Payment History (My Settings > Pay History) when the job has been proof read and passed you'll see the word OK for Pay next to the job.
  • ISWMLE
    ISWMLE Posts: 76 Forumite
    Big_Graeme wrote: »
    It always felt to me like they really wanted a video visit but were too tight to pay for one, I gave up after my second visit, I don't mind writing a small novel but the fee was no reflection on the data needed.

Even when I wrote my 'witness statements' - not forgetting the who, what, when, where, why, how - rule for such reports, they still picked over it and asked me to clarify, re-write and justify answers I had provided. It was a real pain, I can tell you.

Still, someone must be doing them otherwise they wouldn't be in business.
  • skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    skintsocks wrote: »
    Thanks skivenov and BG - I downloaded the app, and I also tried via the browser, but it always insists I need silverlight when I try to actually open up the questionnaire to fill it in.

Yeah, the browser version is handy on a pc if you're entering on a laptop or checking your route back, otherwise, just use the app on your phone. They normally ask for the date of the visit in the form to let you do it after the event, then just browse for the photos out of your album. Awesome peice of kit when you get used to it, every company should have it.
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary First Post
    ISWMLE wrote: »
    Even when I wrote my 'witness statements' - not forgetting the who, what, when, where, why, how - rule for such reports, they still picked over it and asked me to clarify, re-write and justify answers I had provided. It was a real pain, I can tell you.

Still, someone must be doing them otherwise they wouldn't be in business.

I am starting to wonder who does their jobs? Just read their brief for a shoes shop- incredible detail required so the report is going to be full of narrative again and the fee is low. Dont think I will bother with them again - move on to another agency as plenty out there to try out and see whether they are worth adding to the list.
  • ISWMLE
    ISWMLE Posts: 76 Forumite
    Larac wrote: »
    I am starting to wonder who does their jobs? Just read their brief for a shoes shop- incredible detail required so the report is going to be full of narrative again and the fee is low. Dont think I will bother with them again - move on to another agency as plenty out there to try out and see whether they are worth adding to the list.

Must be that German company. Those are the jobs I did too.
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2015 at 9:06AM
    ISWMLE wrote: »
    Must be that German company. Those are the jobs I did too.

Indeed it is - looked at the brief and thought they are having a laugh. They are on par with a TNS phoneshop with the ridculous amount of narrative required and for that reason 'sacked' them.

IMHO they need to paying double the fees being quoted as frankly what they are asking for is not covered by the fee.

I am relatively new to MS work as only being at it for two years but an slightly amazed at how 'sh*te' they treat their 'employees' with demands to respond in XX time and we are going to pay you anytime between 1-3 months from when the work is done and by the way we have missed the payment run by X days and so sorry and will pay you next month. I do work FT at another role so late payments don't have major consequences for me.

However I am curious as to how peeps do this FT when there is so much uncertainty around payments as the mortgage company needs to be paid the same time each month?
  • skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Bought the house outright :)
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • I wonder if anyone else makes use of their caravan to do MSing? Its something I have never seen discussed on here.

My OH and I have just booked 10 nights on an idyllic CL about 200 miles away and will be earning a nice fat fee :T doing a circuit of well-paid jobs.

Sincere apologies to anyone stuck in traffic behind our outfit!
  • missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 834 Forumite
    500 Posts Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    do you not want a break from it? I work term time and am still MSing. It is quite addictive I think.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.