🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Wentworth Direct Finance (Broker's)

Options

Comments

• JCol_2
    Options
    Hi,
    maybe I am unlucky... they took £59 brokers fee from me promising me that my loan had been approved already at 15% interest. The paperwork came - a loan at wait for it 98%!!!!! financial suicide, so I rang and said I wanted a refund and that I no longer wanted or needed a loan. They said I had to do so in writing, despite not needing any consent in writing to take it in the first place! they not only haven't refunded me but took a further £59 a month later!!! You cant get hold of anyone on the phone there is always a que of at least 20, the head office number fax just rings out. Absolute nightmare, I now keep getting texts from other loan companies saying that I have a loan (various amouts) in an internet account waiting to be claimed and then they text the personal log in details!!!!! I have looked on line and wished I had checked before dealing with them. Please be carefull if your freind chooses this route, personally I recommend staying well away!!! Check out web reviews and the amount of complaints logged with the FSA.
    Good Luck!
  • carla53uk
    Options
    Well i can honestly say that wentworth finance is a load of rubbish. i applied online have had phone calls all day. When i finally managed to answer my phone the guy on the other end seemed nice enough untill i told him i wouldn't give him my card details and tried to explain why he put the phone down on me mid sentence. About an hour later another guy calls me from the same company. When i tell him about the previous guy he apologies but guess what. when i explained what had happened he too put the phone down. If this company was reputable they wouldn't have done this. My advice would be to steer well clear. Its not even worth a phone call.
  • serverking
    serverking Posts: 83 Forumite
    edited 26 March 2011 at 8:28AM
    Options
    jordykar wrote: »
    Wentworth Trading Standards are going to nail you soon.

OMG:eek: They've not taken over Trading Standards as well have they:lipsrseal They've gone too far this time:D

I'm steering clear of these firms - I've lost about £210 to these types. There was LoanGoGo, Wentworth, and some other place online called MerlinMoney. The last lot due to leave my account for Nigeria is LoanGoGo's £59:mad:

I called up to find out where the loan application was - first girl cut me off, second one put on fake accent, third one was obviously a chav- from her reply 'You Wot, sorry?' so I asked if I could speak to an adult :D She didn't like that and put the phone down. Later on, Ralph Marlon, (Andrew Clayton's other firm) told me they had to charge me £69 for the loan they had found, and they would keep up to 20% of the money released (like it would ever be sent)...

Mr Clayton, who runs these companies has probably packed his bags and fled abroad.... I'm sure he pops back to his 'office' place at 4 The Mews, Wrotham Road, Meopham DA13 to pick up his money - or should I say our money -
    Probably the best Engineer in the World
  • creepyhawley
    Options
    I applied with Wentworth finance but when they got to the bit asking for a payment fee - I declined. (it always puts me off) Anyway low and behold 20 days later they stole £69 out of my acoount. I sent a letter demanding my money back and reported then to the Bank. I have received £64 back in my account this weekend minus £5 admin fee for the privelege of being robbed !!!

Anyone giving them a good reference on here is most likely staff of the company - AVOID at all costs !!:mad:
  • dop42
    dop42 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    This thread was made in 2005, how is Wentworth still scamming people?!

I applied at a couple of places for loans, rejected from them all. A few days later £50 vanished from my bank, I checked my online statement and there was Wentworth, I couldn't even remember the name.

I had absolutly no clue they were going to charge me, or were ever going to. I expected a few junk emails texts like from other companies, but not £50 STOLEN from my bank without me knowing or permission. Incredibly !!!!ed.
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dop42 wrote: »
    This thread was made in 2005, how is Wentworth still scamming people?!

Simple answer.

Because people are still applying for loans via brokers without reading terms and conditions and gladly handing over their debit card details.
  • cazzieblueeyes
    Options
    Hi I used this company recently and had nothing but problems-misselling me a loan that didnt exist-then offering one through ralph marlon with huge %interest rate and had to have guarantoor!
    told wentworth not happy, wrote to them three times and have just had £64 refunded to me in bank (they took £5 admin fee).
    So if missold by them then write a letter-dont ring as they never answer or cut you off-then write again if they reply with another loan offer-eventually they should refund.
    i will never deal with them again!
    hope this helps-thanks.
  • xgingerx
    xgingerx Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, they took money from my bank, I sent a recorded delivery letter and within 2 days I had a text to say my refund had been processed and within 5 days the full £69 was back in my bank. Yep Lucky Me, after reading the posts on here I thought Id lost that money for good, Glad Wentworths proved my suspicions to be wrong :)

well Im not going to fall into that trap again, just relieved its over lol
    Dmp Mutual Support thread member No 82
  • northern_star
    northern_star Posts: 434 Forumite
    Options
    A member of our family has fallen foul of this company recently. He has written and demanded his money back. They have replied saying they need him to send a copy of driving licence and a wage slip before they can process a refund? Sounds dodgy to me - why would they need this stuff? If he doesn't send it I'm guessing they won't refund but if he does - will that just give them more personal info to scam even more money from him? Anyone else been asked to send stuff for a refund?

'Live simply so that others may simply live'
  • xgingerx
    xgingerx Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, did they take the money by his debit card ? if so they should just reimburse the same card and that should be that, I never got asked for anything ? unless they want to send a cheque which would mean they need proof of address, very odd, let us know how you get on
    Dmp Mutual Support thread member No 82
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family