Wentworth Direct Finance (Broker's)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• nikkifrommars
    Options
    Having applied to them - and been scammed I am now getting daily texts and emails from hundreds of other scamsters they have sold my details on to.
  • nikkifrommars
    Options
    Travston wrote: »
    Anyone know if they try and debit your account under the name wentworth? Or if anyone knows could they tell me what it is please.

Thanks
    They took money from my account under
    WENTWORTHDI , 44796620746 GB
    hope this helps
  • alanshaw
    Options
    Hi i am now at my wits end trying to get money i was robbed from this company, £69.00, they called me after the application, and stated that we dont take any money from your account without the 3 digit security code, i was dubious about it, but needed a loan, but before the call ends i said i will leave it and if i do ever change my mind then will call back, but checked my bank today and £69.00 been taken, trying to contact them is a joke, going to go public over this and warn everyone about these scams, i would like to start up something to shut all these scammers down once and for all, or has there already been something in action? their land line number 020 7635 6699 fingers crossed i get my refund i was robbed off.
  • Peelerfart
    Peelerfart Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just thought I'd add my bit to the "don't do it" voice.

They ain't known as "W4*kworth" for nothing
    Space available for rent
  • steveb2909
    Options
    I echo, a lot of the comments made (stay away from them), I too stupidly gave them £69.00 whilst trying to obtain a lone for £5000, they said I would here from their lenders by post..... this I did and the loan company said they would lend me £4500.00 as long as I had a guarantor... I could have done that myself without paying £69.00. I have tried to contact them through their website telephone numbers, none of which are being answered.... I will be following up with a leter but I am not holding my breath......
  • MzR_2
    MzR_2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 5 May 2012 at 5:31PM
    Options
    They told me about a administrative fee of £69.95 asked for my card details, gave it thinking their genuine.. Next thing you know i checked online did some research found out their total replicas and fraudsters boo you effin !!!! So i said to them to take money out end of this month? Little do they know i emptied my account and will be changing my card! Ahhh i feel so relieved! DONT TRUST THESE CONS!!!:mad:

None of their contacts work! Dont b fooled by these thoughtless !!!!s!!
  • MzR_2
    MzR_2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    :mad::mad::mad:DONT BE FOOLED BY WENTWORTH DIRECT FINANCES THEY WILL CON YOU! REPORT THEM NOW!! Report to watchdog!!
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    GREAT STUFF Chapz
  • nisha_bal
    Options
    hi, i thought id chime in as i have a friend who is a employee of Wentworth direct Finance! A day doesnt go by when i tell them to go and get a proper job!
    The call centre has a script in place from which the staff have to read off. They also have a objection handling script too just incase customers object to paying the fees.
    Certain words are not allowed to be used. Their scripts are actually approved by the Office of fair trading as words like "guaranteed" "credit scored"and "accepted" are not allowed to be mentioned to customers. Its illegal for them. Now many people must of heard their great line when they call you "you have reached the credit score requirements for the loan". This basically means, based on the information you have submitted online, a lender might be available but nothing is certain till you are credit scored. According to the OFT they are allowed to use "you have reached the credit score requirements". Also when the sales person does go through the terms and condition in the end, they clearly say "all the information you have provided will be used for credit scoring purposes". Alot of people do not notice this. So in actualy fact, you are paying a fee and taking a risk because there is no guarantee whether you will get your loan. Now, one the fee is processed, you recieve paperwork from another loan company, asking for details again and consent to be credit scored. Depending on your credit score, you might be declined, you might be accepted.
    Ive been told alot of people do call in furiously complaning their details have been passed onto Ralph marlon loans who requires a guarantor. The staff over there have been told to just pass on a head office address and number for any refunds/enquiries and terminate the call.

No one really knows whether the headoffice exists or not, as one person has been given the responsibility within the call centre to act as the wentworth direct headoffice. Wentworth direct finance and the headoffice are all run from the same building which is Regus building in Slough, even though customers have been told to write into a headoffice based in Kent. As to what happens to the letters that have gone to kent...GOD KNOWS.
    Some git out there found a loop hole in the financial industry, figured out what can be said to customers without crossing bounderies ,has exploited the loophole and made heaps and heaps of money from the fees.
    Also people who are wondering about refunds.... They are allowed upto 6 months to find you a suitable loan company. Its really cheeky actually, they work on the fact that by the 6 month, the average joe customer would of given up chasing their refund and totally lost interest in getting money back.However there have been some customers who have chased, chased and chased and got their refunds back however at the expense of high telephone bills because the headoffice number is a premium rate number. Hope this informaton has helped.
  • nisha_bal
    Options
    Best thing to do is, do not give out your debit card number out and for sake of god do not ever give out the expiry date. They do not require the the 3 numbers on the back to process the fee. They can just use the expiry date to take money out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure