Wentworth Direct Finance (Broker's)

Options

Comments

• kentguy07
    kentguy07 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went to them for a loan and its a con. They ask for a fee and you get nothing in return.
    Just google thier company name and the word review and you will see how many people have been ripped off by them.
    :A
  • kentguy07
    kentguy07 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Danny_H wrote: »
    Hi just a quick update on this I foolishly agreed to pay the brokers fee needing a £3k loan and having no credit history my credit score is classed as poor. I have however recorded 3 seperate conversations with them advising my finance is in place and i will recieve my money within 5-10 working days. I will be going to trading standards if I do not receive the finance and the telephone conversations will provide good evidence.

What you guys think ?
    I think you wont hear back from them ever again and you will wave goodbye to the money you sent them.

Sorry to tell you this but i hope i am wrong.
    :A
  • davegrime
    Options
    I applied for a loan with these via their website and within half an hour had been "approved". The repayment amount they gave me sounded ok and I told them to go ahead.

They said they needed a £59 deposit which I agreed to pay but asked them to take it on the 25th as this is when I get paid.

I then read this and a couple of other forums, and have decided to not go ahead. The only way I have been able to stop the "deposit" is to cancel my card...

So glad I read this before going ahead. Looks like a scam. I am a bit peed off really as I need this money fo a car.
  • Ms_Bad_Credit
    Options
    Applied for a loan through Wentworth direct finance for £2500 they called me and said i have been approved and a lender will hapily give me the money however need to pay £48 charge??? when i've paid they'll then send me the paperwork and the money will be with me in 5 to 10 working days??

Is this 'kosher' or a fraud??

Has anyone actually had a good experience with these people????
  • EmzJenks
    EmzJenks Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its a fraud!! They will take your money & you'll not see one penny of your 'approved' loan/ Steer well clear
  • bills_2
    bills_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    Options
    I was going to apply for a loan with these and was very surprised that they accepted my application as my credit is very bad!!(due to very bad spending on credit cards and store cards while at university!)

Anyway when I got the letter an they asked for the charge I realised it must be a con and that the loan is still not guarnteed to you even after you have paid the 50 odd quid. So changed my mind and after reasearching into the company I would steer clear all.
  • Ms_Bad_Credit
    Options
    Thanks for that, few!...

So which unsecured loan company would you recommend for those with bad credit??

Meanwhile trying to avoid brokers!
  • Matt16v
    Matt16v Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    As a blanket rule you should avoid any loan company that charges you any kind of upfront admin fee, simple! As soon as they mention that say bye bye and put the phone down! Think about it, why on eath would you need to pay an upfront fee for a loan?!? It doesn't make any sense.
  • all i would say is dont waste your money
  • Ashy999
    Options
    The internet is a wonderful place!!!!!!!!!
    I did a search for "loans" online yesterday and applied for £4K with Wentworth Direct, as much out of curiosity as anything.
    Within half an hour or so I had a call saying I had been accepted and all I needed to do was pay the £59 fee and the loan would be processed. Luckily I was a bit cautious and said I'd pay the fee when the loan contract was sent through by post, and after reading so much on the internet today about the scumbags I'm glad I did.
    I've just received another identical phone call offering me £4K over 2 years at 15%, £192 p/m, and all I need to do is provide a debit/credit card to pay the £59. This time I led the guy a bit of a dance and got his name, allegedly ANDY CARR. I also asked for a phone number, he said he was in Slough and gave me 01753 251898 which doesn't work.
    He was very insistent I paid the £59 now, but then I asked him why his number doesn't appear on google, and asked him if he'd ever googled WFD and seen the scam that his company runs.
    ANDY CARR "doesn't have time to go on the internet" was the answer.
    The call that I received came up on my phone as "unknown", meaning that they are phoning from outside the UK.
    Finally, I made it clear that I now know all about their disgusting scam, they are all nothing but scum and should all go and *** off.
    Unsurprisingly, that was the end of the conversation!!!

Well done everyone for all their input into forums like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure