🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Wentworth Direct Finance (Broker's)

Options

Comments

• dawn56
    dawn56 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Lol Roger ripoff.
    I have been ripped off by Wentworth Direct I was told that I have to pay the £59 straight away or else he will lose his commission, like a fool I paid it, I was told 12.2 APR £146 per month and once the paperwork was signed and sent back the money will go straight into the bank within 4 days, its defo in place he said just need the paperwork signed, I have had one offer of 51 APR, 3 times I sat in a queue of 28 (just shows how many unhappy people there are) the second time I got right down to number 1 and it cut off Grrr, I have spoken again today and have been told they will refund the £59 well its taken nearly 3 months so we will see, I won't hold my breath, steer cleer they are very unprofessional, they build up your hopes and follow it up with a great deal of stress and dissapointment :(
  • jordykar
    jordykar Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 6 July 2010 at 11:35AM
    Options
    If everyone who has been ripped off by Wentworth Direct Finance phone the FOS and made a complaint and requested their money back, the FOS will start the ball rolling. Wentworth must reply to the claim and will pay the money back. If they refuse and the FOS uphold your claim they will then fine Wentworth Direct Finance. FOS is on 0800 234576
    It will cost you guys nothing but a few moments of your time but will cost Wentworth aggravation and administration costs.
    My experience with the FOS is that they are very professional, very understanding and treat you with respect.
    Come guys use the POWER OF THE CONSUMER!!!
    Wentorth Direct Finance need to taught a lesson.
  • jordykar
    Options
    Whilst i've viewed some negetive comments on this site, I did use the services of Wentworth Ditect Finance and did receive a loan through using their services and would use them again.

My friend's son worked for a really bad broker, can't mention their name, and his job was to constantly look at review site, register and put positive reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wentworth trading standards are going to nail you soon.
  • amy-lou123
    Options
    :oso glad i looked this up as i just applied with them today and got accepted they asked for 59 pound which is why i thought it unusual and decided to check them out!!!! pheww
  • gemmstar
    Options
    They coned me out of £49.99, saying they needed my card details to check i had a british bank account to get my £3000 loan, but they took £49.99 out of my bank without telling me, and they just past your details on to more companies like this who try to rip you off!!!!!!!!!!! they do not give you a loan. I am currently going through a small claims court to get my money back, i know its not that much, but its not the point and what they do is classed as fraud!!!!!:mad:
  • gemmstar
    Options
    chusselwit wrote: »
    I'd just like to say that I was recently successful in obtaining a loan from Wentworth Direct Finance.

I applied to them through an online application. I then received a letter to say that my application was successful and a brokers fee of £49 had to be paid. I sent off the fee and then heard from a lender who issued my require loan funds.

I thought that the service was quite good overall. I didn't mind paying the brokers fee as I'd been refused in the past.

Clearly you work for wentworth finance
  • sparkovic
    sparkovic Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Fell for this trap - fee taken from bank account. Could someone please advise how reclaim this money + include e-mail or address + any other info which might help me.

Many Thanks.
  • trisha64
    Options
    gemmstar wrote: »
    They coned me out of £49.99, saying they needed my card details to check i had a british bank account to get my £3000 loan, but they took £49.99 out of my bank without telling me, and they just past your details on to more companies like this who try to rip you off!!!!!!!!!!! they do not give you a loan. I am currently going through a small claims court to get my money back, i know its not that much, but its not the point and what they do is classed as fraud!!!!!:mad:
    hi have spoken to this company this morning and was told the same that they needed £49 to check i had a british bank account, i then found this site and am now worried they will attempt to take money out without me knowing so have rang my bank and now in the process of cancelling my card
  • chelle16
    Options
    i got a call saying i had been approved a loan by wentworth direct but they need the brokers fee upfront which i have paid as i know other companys that do this,but i have let my bank know about this first and they have said if nothing comes through they will fight for me as this is fraud making false promises,i am waiting to see what happens was told i would get papers to sign in 7 to 10 days to accept the loan that they have offered,i really hope it does go through ok but will keep you posted on what happens!!!!i hope it does work as i have been refused in the past and i dont mind paying if it helps now!!!!
  • brooky1967
    Options
    Very suspicious company, not an ounce of professionalism about them and they are quite aggressive.
    I was accepted for £2000 and asked for the £59 brokers fee. I was uncomfortable with this but things wouldnt progress without it, so i did. However since reading these forums has made me realise that i dont want to deal with them. A few negative comments is expected but one after the other all telling the same story??????
    I have phoned my bank and cancelled my card so they cant take any money.
    I have a very low credit score so have to look at these companies, but in the end i have been accepted by black horse, which is more in interested, but at least is linked to a high st lender.
    I urge any one not to attempt to borrow money from wentworth direct.
    Anyone wanting upfront fees is a rip off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport