Wentworth Direct Finance (Broker's)

Options

Comments

• shaw_cc
    Options
    Moncs wrote: »
    A friend of mine is currently trying to get a loan of £4000. He has applied to a couple of lenders for this however due to his business going bankrupt (he was discharged in Nov 2000) he has been rejected due to his credit history.

Today he received a letter from a company called Wentworth Direct Finance, who claim to be broker's and have a Finance company who have approved his application, they have all his correct details, however he has never applied to them, I can only assume that one of the companies he has applied to has passed on his details.

On their letter it quote’s 'Once we receive your loan approval form, the lenders will contact you directly' which sounds all good and well, however they are asking for a £48 fee for doing this.

Has anyone heard of this Wentworth Direct Finance, and is this common practice?

Your advice would be grateful

i have also tries with wentworth and have no look in getting a phone so i contact them they must be a scam they charged me 60 pound i was not best pleased when i got my back statement back i phoned the bank i they could do nothing
  • Ashley208
    Ashley208 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I just had a call from these guys as I'd applied through another website for a loan a couple of months ago. Told the guy on the end of the phone that I wasn't prepared to pay the fee and wasn't interested in a loan. I shall now inform the bank (and empty the account) not to pay anything to them.

Thye guy called me on the following number, if anyone's interested? 07969479968 - I wonder if thats because I'm currently in Cyprus and he couldn't get me on my land line?? LOL!
  • Travston
    Options
    Anyone know if they try and debit your account under the name wentworth? Or if anyone knows could they tell me what it is please.

Thanks
  • shell_2011
    Options
    i applied for this " loan" of £5000 online n payed the £69 "brokers fee". I recieved a following letter the next day sayin we have contacted our loan agents and they wil be in contact with you by post very shortly. gave me a ref number and everything. hopefully i am going to be a happy client after all these forums i have read today, wish i had done this 1st i supose but onli time wil tell at the moment.
    I hav been scammed by alot of loan companys this month already i have very stupidly payed out over £300. i was that desperate. Now i am in arrears with my rent which i thort nothing of bcoz i was promised my loan the same day !! i was fumin.
    i wil reveal what happins with this wentworth direct when i recieve my next letter.
    hope this may help someone out ther :think
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry to say you have just made the scammed amount £369 +

After everything you have read here and you can read elsewhere about how many people have been promised the earth then let down by these scammers, do you honestly believe you still think you will get a loan from them.

If you have bad credit there are no loan companies available other than thoses who require security such as a house or a car or those which require a guarantor (i.e. someone who will be willing to pay it back if you fail too), in all cases the interest is crippling on these loan.

How long is it before you actually are going to wake up and smell the coffee.
  • I was contacted by First Money direct after an enquiry to Yes Loans. I think they're the same as Wentworth. I paid the fee (stupid me). No paperwork arrived. No answer to phonecalls. 'Yes' say it's nothing to do with them. I feel gutted at having been duped so easily.
  • First Money Direct are another Wentworth. they contacted me after I applied to Yes Loans. (I now know that was stupid) They 'approved' the loan, took £99.99 admin fee, no paperwork, no response to phone calls, total rip-off. The whole set up is designed to con those who can least afford it. I now have a pay day loan at a zillion percent interest am £168.98 lighter and Yes tell me they've done their bit and the problem is mine.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    I hope you guys are getting the message....

If someone rings you up, they are trying to get money from you. You will NOT receive a call which will help you out.

Thort, bcoz and fumin - Great stuff.
  • esquisite
    Options
    hey folks, tried these guys today was looking for a loan and they rang after making an application following a positive review on a site. Was very wary of the brokers fee but gave them my card number and (thankfully) deferred it till the end of the month. Did a bit more digging and found out all the people they have been scamming, rang them back and said I was concerned after seeing everything online and asked whether the loan was guaranteed and they said it was and that absolutely nothing could go wrong with the loan and interest rate I had applied for.

Sat and pondered and checked some more online and tried to ring back to cancel. They wouldn't answer the phone. Suffice to say card has been cancelled and new one in the post. Bet they are quick enough to contact me when they realise they won't be getting any money from me.
  • nikkifrommars
    Options
    Totally avoid this company they are the worst scammers out there. Am having to look at getting a refund through the OFT. Very stressed by whole experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure