🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Wentworth Direct Finance (Broker's)

Options

Comments

• john69
    john69 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    so glad i checked this forum out as i was about to pay! what a fool i am! how do these firms get away with it? total scam thanks everybody
  • Smart_Mart
    Smart_Mart Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl:

I don't think there's a thread anywhere on this forum with so many new posters on.... spammers galore!!
  • SteerClearofWD
    Options
    I applied online for a loan with Wentworth Direct a couple of weeks ago. I heard nothing until I received a letter yesterday asking for a 'broker's processing fee' of £59. Further on in the letter it stated that "loan documents will be sent out if the credit agreement is arranged through the lenders". Since yesterday, I have received numerous calls saying the loan "is now in place" (their favourite quote) and quite ambiguous. I called up three times to speak to different people and they were more concerned with taking my card details than trying to reassure me that they're above-board. I spoke to one girl who, once I explained that I was recording the call, hung up on me. They are DESPERATE for your money, so don't bother. After three different conversations, I really wanted to know whey they hadn't even asked for any ID or payslips and they said that once the paperwork had been signed they would ask for all that. Strange that isn't it! Any other application I've made for anything in my life has always required your ID up front. I then received a call from a woman who tried to sound authoritative, but she failed miserably as when challenged on this whole situation, she was deliberately as vague as everyone else. STEER WELL CLEAR
  • evherkes
    evherkes Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Over the past couple of days, as I too have recieved a letter from Wentworth, I have done a huge amount of research and I've yet to read any positive comment regarding Wentworth. When you type the name into Google it comes up with "Scam" any company, when typed into Google" should not (you would like to think) be proceeded with "scam" at the end!
    Emily :A
  • kris_23
    kris_23 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    hi i stupidly went with wentworth direct and they have my bank details but not had anything come out of my account as yet dont know what ill do if it dose cos its clear to me now that its a scam when i ph0one i always start off at number 20 in the que please can anyone else advise me of a decent company i can use for a car load when got bad credit??? please help x:(
  • Luke54_2
    Options
    These guys are a bunch of wasters. Con men.
    Do not go anywhere near them. Got a call from them this morning (been out looking for a loan online). I was in a rush and on the mobile. They said they had approved me and just need the £59 admin fee. Foolish, yet being in a rush I gave me card details. Only when I had a chance to sit down and think about it...it all came to light. They I searched on the internet and what do you know, found this site amoung many others with many bad stories.
    I tried to call them back, but of course none of the numbers work. So I went off to my bank this afternoon and cleared the account out. I am sure they will call me back quick enough when they try get their £59 and cannot. Looking forward to their call :-)
    Also there are a few other companies like this around, Yes Finance being another. Stay well clear.
  • Luke54_2
    Options
    I am also positive that any good comments you see about them are sent via employees...
  • tal90
    tal90 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 April 2010 at 10:55AM
    Options
    Come join the facebook group fighting against Wentworth: Rip-off: Wentworth Direct Finance (group names)

samples: Don't touch 'em with a barge pole!

Wentworth Direct is a company that should not exist and this group is all about people who have been robbed by them and for all of us to com to gather and express our feelings because no one seems to listen. To share ideas of how to get out £59 back.

Good luck all ;)
  • idbutters
    Options
    DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY...

I applied for a loan through them and I was told the loan was approved at an APR of 15.2%. I had to pay £59.00 as a 'Broker's Fee' and then found a few days later a letter and application form from Ralph Marlon Loans... What I did not realise previously was that RML were another BROKER... I did get a loan offer from a company called FLM (who I believe are part of the WDF family) at a variable APR OF 53%...

I have tried to call them on NUMEROUS occasions on an 0844 number and am ALWAYS placed 20 plus in the call queue and hours later I have not moved much more than position 15 or 16!!!

I have requested my broker's fee back and have promised to take the matter further if they do not comply...

IF I CAN SAVE ANYONE ELSE THIS HASSLE, I HAVE DONE SOMETHING AT LEAST... DO NOT ENTERTAIN WENTWORTH DIRECT FINANCE...
  • PHYTHIAN
    PHYTHIAN Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, my name is Roger Ripoff and I am the owner of Roger Ripoff's Finance. If you send me £30 ( that's cheaper than anyone else) I will check if you are eligible to apply for a loan. I will then search all of our many many clients to find you the best deal I can.

Do you trust me? EVERYONE is eligible to apply for a loan...just that age, credit status, employed/unemployed may decide whether you get it or not. The many clients I use will also include Provident etc who will then charge you 200% interest and that's if i can be bothered ..the best deal I can.....but hey...I never lied.
    Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those affected (Benjamin Franklin) JFT96...YNWA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport