Starting again with debt....again!

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Have been bad at updating the last few days - had a lazy first two days off, just catching up with TV watching, a bit of housework and went to see my mum. Although I cleaned out the oven at 1:30am the other morning as just got the notion to clean. :eek:

Did an overtime shift on Sunday night which was fine once I got in, just the thought was a bit of a bummer. Oh well, that's another £100 for next month's wage. :T

Went out to buy some bigger pots for my chilli plants today as they are shooting up. :j Going to re-pot them tomorrow morning.

Also bought a new duvet for the spare room as the one on the bed is an old one that is so lumpy it drives me nuts every time I see it. :mad: Worth £20 just so I don't need to look at it again. So just need to change the duvets over and chuck the old one out now. :j

Went out to the cinema to see Jurassic World with my mum and DH tonight and went for our dinner as well. Was bargain night at the cinema as well so a bit cheaper than normal. :j Enjoyed the film but was nothing new, just liked seeing the dinosaurs eating people. :rotfl:

Got £10 cashback money and paid that off the loan with the higher interest rate and £30 from one of the survey companies, so that was paid off the holiday CC.

Going out for lunch tomorrow with some girls from work so that should be a good laugh. We are going to a nice bar/restaurant that does cocktails so will be trying some of them. :)
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello!!!

Sorry I haven't been catching up. I've been on my phone mostly and find it hard to get around!

Happy anniversary for the 14th and well done on all the money paid towards the holiday CC. I think the duvet purchase was much needed for your sanity ;)

With my diet a lot of reading is required to remind me why the heck I am doing this to myself. The really interesting thing that hit home for me was that despite me doing 3 hours a day, 6 days a week in the gym for 18 months, my body fat percentage never changed and all I dropped was about half a stone in all that time. I toned up tonnes which made me look better but the weight didn't change. Now I discover it is because my body was trained to go for the quickest energy source to deal with the huge workouts. And so it was making me eat more carbs, to get the glucose. And when there wasn't enough, it would use muscle mass to convert to glucose. Now, my body fat is slowly dropping because I have trained my genes to burn fat. it sounds like mumbo jumbo but I've lost 17lbs of pure fat. I am still working out, doing so much walking and lots of strength training, 2-3 times a week in short 15-30 minute bursts, no more... but it is really starting to show finally. :D

Hope you enjoy your cocktails today!! xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hello, have had a wee break away from MSE, what with work and life getting in the way.

Re-potted all of the plants grown from seed, including the chilli plants and all looking quite good. :j My lobelia even has wee flowers now, need to get another hanging basket for it though as it's a trailing plant.

Weather has been horrible here, just so clammy and humid and not even any sun. Payday tomorrow. :j But back to work on early shifts. :(

Managed to get a small food processor to replace my knackered hand blender. It was £60 but had £40 worth of vouchers so only really paid £20. :D

Have got back into the yoga and cutting down on the calories and have finally lost another 1lb. Still need to lose at least a stone though so need to try and stick to it.

The overdraft got out of control again. :( Really out of control. :o So have had to take out another cash transfer from my CC to the current account. 0% for 10 months. Feeling a bit down that the debt has gone up again. :(
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Payday today so have made a small over payment to both loans (£10 each), a slightly bigger op to the holiday CC of £50 and the big over payment of £250 - half of the remainder of the original cash transfer (0% runs out end of August so one more payment of £250 & that is cleared but then have the new cash transfer and that's 0% until next April). :cool:

So have to be careful this month, the payments for both loans are still to come out as well.

Having a lazy day after work as just can't force myself to do some yoga. Will do it tomorrow instead.

Not much planned beyond lying on the couch tonight and then trying to get an early night.
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello you!

Sorry you're feeling down and that the debt has increased. I've lost £400 from my savings account through accidentally using it like play money because I lost my other card. Now if I transfer £400 from the other card I will be in dire financial straits so I need to give myself a kick in the bum and sort it out!

Big hugs. I've been doing more Pilates and can't help but think of you doing yoga when I do ;) xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • sashybo
    Options
    Did around 40 mins of deep stretching yoga after work yesterday - was really relaxing and enjoyed it. I always have a really sore, tight neck and shoulders - I think it's mostly from sitting at a desk for 8-9 hours a day at work. I also need a new pillow - a foam one is too firm but a soft one is too soft.:mad:

Went to see my mum yesterday with DH to take down her birthday presents - her birthday is today but DH is working late shift. We had dinner there and on the way home had a bit of a disaster.

The rear passenger window of DH's car was hit by a stone which was chucked up going over a speed bump and completely cracked. :eek: It was all crazed and barely staying in and we still had to go over several speed bumps up a hill to get to our house. :eek:

We got home with the window still in place but creaking alarmingly . Can't get it repaired until Tuesday so DH is having to take my car to work today and tomorrow. Luckily I'm on early shifts & DH is on lates or we would really be struggling. It's very difficult working shifts without a car. Damn thing is going to cost £75 excess. :(

Went out for lunch with my mum, sister and nieces and nephews after work today. The little darlings were mental as usual and the teenager was moody as usual, doesn't speak except to moan - I feel sorry for my mum as I think that was me 15 years ago. :rotfl: He was asking his wee sisters what his first name was and one of the twins answered "Butthole" which they all found hilarious, except the teenager. :rotfl:

When I got home I cleaned the bathrooms and put a washing on. DH had steam cleaned the kitchen and bathroom floors and hoovered the house before going to work. :T Will do some ironing shortly and then think about heading to bed.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Have been keeping up the yoga and feeling better for it. :j Have spent the last few days catching up on sleep, not back to work until Friday. :j

Also got a new kitten a few days ago so have been trying to settle her in with our male cats. One is very hissy and upset and the other keeps chasing and slapping her. :eek: She has her own room at night as we don't want to leave her with them unsupervised yet, she's too wee. She is currently cuddled up with the hissy, upset boy on my knee though so things are getting a bit better. :)
  • sashybo
    Options
    Have been a bit rubbish at updating again. :o

Good news with the kitten, she is settling in well and has a new best friend in my Siamese boy. My British boy is still not best pleased and gives her a slap and chases her about the house at least once a day. She is staying overnight with them now as we can trust them not to hurt her though (despite the slapping).

Have been evicting slugs from my pot plants on the patios as they keep eating all my flowers.:mad: Have put slug tape on around half of the pots (need to order more for the rest) but found more slugs in some of the taped pots. :mad: Unsure if I missed these slugs though in the first eviction before applying the tape. Have also ordered some organic slug pellets as well (rain resistant of course being in bonny Scotland :rotfl:)

My biggest chilli plants have flowered and are looking good. :j Hopefully we get some chillies from them. :j

Yoga is continuing and my arm muscles are killing me but have lost another pound. Have lost around 4lbs altogether now which is good, just another stone or so to go then. :cool:
  • sashybo
    Options
    Another belated update from me, need to get back into the habit of posting regularly.

My chilli plants have chillies on them. :j Jalapeños :j The Habanero plants look like them might flower soon as well so hopefully more chillies there too. :)

Still having problems with slugs in my plants in the garden. Have copper taped most of the pots & have put down the slug pellets but keep finding more of the slimy gits. :mad:

My oldest cat hasn't been too well so he is on anti-biotics just now. I hate giving cats tablets. :eek: He has been quite good to be fair, as he's a very trusting wee soul & knows I wouldn't hurt him.He seems to be getting better but gave us a fright as he's only 7.

The new kitten has mostly settled in, although there is still a bit of friction with my younger male cat. A bit of chasing, hissing & slapping going on but think they're still trying to establish the pecking order. :cool:

Going down to visit the outlaws next weekend for 3 nights. Hope the weather is nice. :)
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    :wave: haven't been in for a while, busy on MFW board, but hope you are ok.
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family