Starting again with debt....again!

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Late update as back to work on late shifts. Did 20 mins of yoga and 10 mins on the exercise bike this morning. My knee has been quite achey since. :(

Made carrot and coriander soup before work, it was quite nice but I decided to chuck a chilli in it and it was really strong. :eek: Still edible though. :o

Not much more to update except 9 more shifts at work until my holiday. :T
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    7 shifts to go until holiday. :j

Having an exercise rest day today, did 10 mins on the exercise bike & 25 mins of yoga yesterday. Knee felt a bit better so maybe building up the muscle around the knee will help. Have started taking glucosamine tablets again, don't know if it will help but won't hurt.

Still haven't lost any more weight. :( Have yet to try on holiday clothes as a bit scared. :o

Spent the morning catching up on surveys, which was thrilling. :cool: Off to work in an hour or so, just relaxing for a bit first.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • buddiebabe
    buddiebabe Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options
    Hope your day at work goes by quickly for you x
    DEBT OUTSTANDING 23.04.17 £16802.97
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi BB, work was ok but dragging in because it's my last week before holiday. Another 5 shifts to go now.

Did another 10 mins on the exercise bike yesterday and 20 mins yoga. Today was 25 mins of yoga. Have been trying to stick to my calorie limit but Saturday was a bit of a disaster, was just hungry all day. Sunday was better as stayed under my calorie limit (just), didn't even have a biscuit at work. :j

Have been keeping up to date with the housework so I don't need to do it all on my two days off this week. Did the big clean of the litter tray yesterday and got DH to do the work shirt ironing (7 shirts). Have cleaned the bathrooms today and stuck a washing on.

My chilli plants are looking good, still growing, although only about an inch high. :D Looks like a couple of the pansy seeds have finally started to sprout as well which is good. :)

Day 6 of my shifts today and feeling knackered, could do with a duvet day. :(

Worrying a bit about next week as well because we're getting the train down to London to get the flight for our holiday but the strike is meant to be on the day we're travelling by train. :(
  • sashybo
    Options
    Last shift today before 2 days off and only 4 shifts to go in total. :j:j

Went for a uniform fitting yesterday, had to get the next size up in the trousers. :eek: Fitting lady said everyone was having to go up a size. Not sure if she was just saying that to make me feel better though. :rotfl:

No exercise today because I just can't face it, will get back to it tomorrow.

Have now booked a flight down to London next week as can't be certain the train we are booked on will run. Called V*rg*n trains for a refund (as it says on the website if you have a ticket for days affected by the strike you can get a refund) only to be told that if the strike doesn't go ahead I won't get a refund at all. :mad:

Well I've already booked a flight instead as need to get there that day so I want my money back. :mad: Will be sending a complaint in if that's the case, can't afford to lose £140 but couldn't wait about to see if the strike is going ahead or not as would lose a lot more money than that if we don't get to London. So mad. :mad:

My youngest cat is sitting next to the keyboard watching the screen while I'm typing, he likes to see the mouse move and click on things. :rotfl:
  • sashybo
    Options
    Only 2 more shifts to go until holiday. :j:j

Went to a yoga class on Wednesday night with a friend which was an hour long. Quite enjoyed it & found it quite relaxing. Have lost another 1lb. :)

Did 20 mins of yoga again this afternoon after work, then made strawberry cheesecake cupcakes to take to work tomorrow as they always demand cakes before holidays. Left one out for myself and went upstairs and came back to find the cats eating it. :mad::eek:

Also did a couple of washings and hung them out on the line. Have got a pile of ironing to do tomorrow, need to get some packing done as well. DH is off work tomorrow so he can do some of the housework. ;)

Will head to bed shortly.
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you're ok! one more shift to go!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hooray!!

1 more shift until you're off!! I am so jealous! Did your clothes fit nicely? Well done on the weight loss and the YOGA! I've been doing the odd bit of Pilates and some strength training along with my masses of walking. I am starting to feel the difference!

Weight in day isn't until Tuesday for me. The last time I weighed in was a couple of weeks ago and I didn't like what it said, namely because it hadn't changed from the week before. I have been excellent but am creeping in the odd tiny bit of sugar here and there so reining myself back in. Still in ketosis, still losing weight, but hampering my efforts by adding glucose into the energy mix, even in tiny amounts, like one maoam stripe.. :eek:

Cakes BEFORE holidays?! Mine is always after. ;) And birthday cakes. And Friday treats... Lol. I plan on baking today with Jellytot as the weather is grimmer than expected. So to clean the kitchen and then steel myself for iron willpower of getting through another baking run without slipping off the wagon!

My dinner is a ketogenic prawn and cauliflower curry :D If I don't see you before, have an amazing holiday! Relax, you deserve it!! xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • sashybo
    Options
    Having a lovely time in the sun, although it has been cloudy a few days the air is still nice and warm. Don't think I'll have much of a tan but have been slapping on the spf 30 plus spf 50 for my face as been getting dark patches on my forehead from the sun.

Have been quite bad on the eating & drinking but have been walking about lots and the hills here are killers. The muscles in my hips have been quite sore and my back as well. :o Went for a long walk yesterday afternoon and now have a blister on the sole of my foot too. :eek: It hurts quite a lot so minimal walking today, I think.

The sky is looking quite clear today so waiting for the sun to move round a bit to hit our terrace so we can do a bit of sunbathing & maybe go in the pool. Have been swimming twice the last few days so that's also good exercise, hoping I won't put any weight on.

We are self-catering so have a few things in the fridge to keep us going. Have been having breakfast in the apartment most days but also dinner a couple of nights. Usually have lunch while we're out and about and costs are very reasonable. Food is good and the people are friendly which is always nice.

Missing my cats but sure they aren't missing me :rotfl: and my mum is taking good care of them for us.
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sounds like a fab holiday and really relaxing!! Swimming is amazing exercise and low risk for the blister :) love a bit of swimming, if only I didn't have to flash bits I don't like. Swimming burkhas required!!

You've done plenty of exercise I am sure you won't put much if any weight on!! :D ENJOY!! xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure