Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Options

Comments

• Ben_Hunt
    Ben_Hunt Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 29 October 2018 at 12:48PM
    Options
    This company and the way it deals is scandalous.
    I had a personal policy and two landlord policies.
    I've already cancelled my personal one as they said repair refused because I didn't report on same day it broke, it was the day after, and would be charging me for any call outs and repairs.
    This week, my tenant calls, boiler broke down. I ring immediately but repair is refused again unless I pay for it! {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} any excuse to try get you to pay! I talked them down from a £75 call out to a £35 call out, now they say I've to pay for any parts needed to fix! {Text removed by MSE Forum Team}
    They are now going to look at it a week after the initial call and can guarantee they will try {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} me to pay up even though I have a policy!
    I'll be reporting them to trading standards once this is sorted if they keep this up!
    {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} So stressed with them!
  • 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Ben_Hunt wrote: »
    This company and the way it deals is scandalous.
    I had a personal policy and two landlord policies.
    I've already cancelled my personal one as they said repair refused because I didn't report on same day it broke, it was the day after, and would be charging me for any call outs and repairs.
    This week, my tenant calls, boiler broke down. I ring immediately but repair is refused again unless I pay for it! They scam you with any excuse to try get you to pay! I talked them down from a £75 call out to a £35 call out, now they say I've to pay for any parts needed to fix! Total scam.
    They are now going to look at it a week after the initial call and can guarantee they will try scam me to pay up even though I have a policy!
    I'll be reporting them to trading standards once this is sorted if they keep this up!
    Avoid avoid avoid! So stressed with them!

Dear Ben Hunt,

We’re sorry to hear that you feel the services provided by 24/7 Home Rescue are not to your satisfaction. We can fully assure you that 24/7 Home Rescue do not “scam” their customers.

If you do wish to discuss this matter further, we would like to invite you to contact our team directly via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk with the relevant details including your policy reference and the reference (JG) in the subject of the email. Once the email has been received, I can personally investigate this case for you.

Kind regards,
    James 24/7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • KatieMW
    KatieMW Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Why the Trust Pilot Good reviews are worthless. When my friend joined 24/7 he was told he would get 1 month free cover if he left a Trust Pilot review.
  • KatieMW
    Options
    Biffathome wrote: »
    247 home let down. Boiler breakdown at property in November2017. Major hassle to eventually get them to authorize repair but was completed appropriately by subcontractor. He has never been paid so i have now had to pay him directly.
    Multiple phone calls and e-mails with no progress. Now informed the matter has been passed to their complaints but still no communication with me.
    They may look competitive but will cost in many ways in long term.
    Totally unreasonable service, disregard for their customers and other small businesses.
    Was this sorted or did you go to Trading Standards?
  • KatieMW
    Options
    I am with 24/7 Home Rescue and was very dissatisfied with the service I received. {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} they have cost me hundreds of pounds.

I thought I could cancel any time, so I stopped my direct debit but it got reinstated. I tried again. Again, it was reinstated. This time, I received an email saying I can't cancel until my year is up (I hadn't realised that I was tied into a year's contract). I then set out to cancel in the month I was told it was up, but when I checked on the website for the address to write to, I found that I was supposed to give 30 days' notice, so I'd missed my chance. Also, my monthly payment had tripled!

I begged my bank to stop the direct debit their end, which they did, but now I'm receiving constant texts from the company asking me to contact them in order to prevent arrears from building. I called Citizens' Advice, but they haven't returned my call yet.

Am I going to have to reinstate my payments until my year is up? I'm never actually going to use their service again, so it's money down the toilet. I don't want threatening letters from bailiffs!
    Did they get this sorted or did you go to Trading Standards?
  • KatieMW
    edited 29 October 2018 at 2:04PM
    Options
    Navh wrote: »
    {text removed by MSE Forum Team} took the landlord cover out in Jan they charged me £60 upfront to service the bolier before the cover could start. The service was fine no issues, than it was £15 a month cover with unlimited call outs and zero excess but when my Tennant informed me that the boiler is not working, I called these {text removed by MSE Forum Team} thinking they will take care of this. They asked me to pay for them £75 as my bolier is too old, this was not raised as an issue when I took the cover even though they knew the age of the boiler.. anyway I wanted the problem to go away for my tenant and I was pre-occupied on family matters for the sake of convenience I paid these losers £75 to than hear back from them that the boiler is beyond economical repair and tried to push me towards a new boiler deal over 7 years!! Unbelievable to say the least.

I have since had an independent engineer who came out and fixed the problem by replacing one part that cost less than £20... I have now been chasing these {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} for a refund of my money {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} but don't seem be getting anywhere, apparently they are now reviewing my case.

I would be happy to join together with other frustrated customers to pursue as a group, as far as I'm concerned this company should not be allowed to operate with these {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} practices and I will see this to the end irrespective of what it will cost, this post is just the beginning :mad:
    Sadly, the excess is in the wording - "There are occasions when you will be required to make an excess payment. This payment has to be made for your claim
    to be progressed. If you choose not to make the payment your
    claim will be immediately declined. Please note the excess
    payments are non-refundable irrespective of whether a
    repair is affected or not."
    I consider this an "unfair contract term" . Might be worth contacting Trading Standards?
  • ddaddy
    ddaddy Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    KatieMW wrote: »
    Why the Trust Pilot Good reviews are worthless. When my friend joined 24/7 he was told he would get 1 month free cover if he left a Trust Pilot review.

Oh but surely your friend is lying as the 24/7 representatives state that never happens!
    And we all know how trustworthy every word that 24/7 says is.
  • KatieMW
    Options
    Mikyl wrote: »
    I would like to share with you my very upsetting case and disappointing experience I had with 24/7 Home Rescue.

On the 29th of May I arranged an “emergency” call out to repair my boiler (all day slot). This was supposed to be free of charge, nevertheless I was charged £45(!). On the day the engineer was unable to repair it as some parts needed to be ordered. He deemed the boiler unsafe, switched it off, leaving me, my wife and 16-month-old baby without heating or hot water (!). I was promised a quick resolution. On 30th of May, 247 scheduled boiler repairs for the 4th of June (another all day slot!), without my approval. I had to reschedule for the 7th as I was unable to arrange a day off. As it was another all-day slot I had to arrange a full day off with my employer, which was difficult as I am a pharmacist working for a large company and finding a cover on such a short notice was challenging. However, with a little baby in the household, fixing the boiler was a high priority, which my employer fortunately acknowledged.

In the afternoon, the 7th of June, I received a call from claims department saying that the engineer won’t be attending my property as he doesn’t have tools to repair the boiler (they had a whole week to arrange!). Very unpleasant customer assistant Anrika informed me that the next earliest available day was Monday the 11th of June (!) (another all day slot) and she couldn’t do much about it. When I asked to speak to the manger I was told she was on her lunch but would ring me as soon as she was free. When the manager Cortney rang, she was equally unsupportive, couldn’t explain what happened and the only option she gave me was to reschedule for Monday the 11th. When I mentioned that I have a baby in the house and haven’t had hot water for a week she said, she knew all that but there was nothing she could do to fix the problem.
    On the 8th of June I receive a phone call from Cortney “the manager”. She advised that there was a cancellation and she could schedule repairs for Sunday the 10th. As inconvenient as it was due to my wedding anniversary and previously made arrangement, having wellbeing of my child in mind I thanked Cortney and took the opportunity to finally sort out the issue. I had to call some of the weeding anniversary plans off too.
    Saturday around 5.30pm I received a phone call form Amy from claims department. She announced that the engineer won’t be attending on Sunday. Apparently, there were no parts available to perform repairs. (after 10 days of waiting and assurance that all was in place!). Amy offered to reschedule for Monday the 11th. (obviously she hasn’t read my notes, which I deemed incompetent).

So, there we go, I have paid for the insurance whole year up front, plus £45 call out fee, plus £90 excess, plus £120 for parts (although I have been previously led to believe that parts were covered by the insurance), and still no heating nor hot water. Lots of phone calls, empty promises and empty conversations with incompetent members of 247 Home Rescue
    Team and still no resolution. It has been two weeks already, we have been forced by 247 to live in these conditions. Our quality of life has been affected by actions of 247 Home Rescue. My poor son suffers from rhinitis now and I am sure it was caused by cold low temperature in the house and lack of hot water for daily hygiene. As a pharmacist I pride myself for delivery of great patient care, knowledge, professional advice and reliability. Due to my personal and work commitments I am unable to organise a day off for another month however at the same time my family can’t live without heating or hot water. I am highly disappointed from the service I have received. It is very upsetting how the company is treating its customers. But most of all, actions of 247 Home Rescue are putting at risk my baby’s health and wellbeing.
    Did they get this sorted satisfactorily, or did you go to Trading Standards?
  • KatieMW
    Options
    mpat wrote: »
    I feel my complaint has been misdealt with, unprofessionally (and not surprisingly). 247 has failed to refund me the money that I spent as an emergency, to repair my boiler, via a local engineer. On top of that, last week they direct-debited some money from my bank. This is despite the fact that I had been confirmed to have free service until August (a separate overcharging issue that they accepted and compensated me with few free months). They are taking a biscuit now. There is only so much disdain someone can take !

To recover that money, I am now thinking of taking this at a next level up.

* Would the small claims court be the next step ?
    * Can anyone who's done it, PM me please ?
    * Can someone confirm if the moneyclaims.service.gov.uk is where I begin the process ?

Regards
    Perhaps you gave got it sorted and/or been to Trading Standards. If not, this is the link -- https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim. There are also Help contacts. You will need to register. Using any other website to claim may cost!
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 October 2018 at 3:01PM
    Options
    From today......

Caravan15

Why the good reviews mean nothing
    They said if I put a review on Trustpilot , I will get one month free. which explains all the good "set up" reviews

and................

Vijay Palanivel

I took a policy out for boiler cover and gas safety certificate 2 weeks ago. I did not get the welcome email at all (yes, I checked my spam folder too). The next day, I had a lady calling me to put a review on Trustpilot and I was told that if I do that, I will get one month free. I asked her about the welcome email and it was sent after that. I couldnt log in.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback