Tips for my cat?

in Pets & Pet Care
80 replies 8K views

Replies

• SnowyOwl_2SnowyOwl_2 Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My little Baba who died recently would only drink from the running tap. It was just more fun for him, no other reason at all! When he'd done it a few times my other Mr cat, Henry noticed and then decided to have a go and find out for himself what was so great about it. He tried it once, didn't like it and went back to his bowl.

I miss Baba, he had such funny & unique habits (which Henry would always copy).
  • mogginsmoggins Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of my cats would only drink rainwater, she wouldn't touch it out of a tap. When we put her into quarantine I gave specific instructions about this but it obviously wasn't followed as within 2 weeks of her leaving quarantine she was dead from kidney failure :(
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • squeakysqueaky Forumite
    14.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I'm a Volunteer Board Guide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sally's the same. Rainwater only. Especially out of the bathtub pond with a slight hint of frog :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • apprentice_tycoonapprentice_tycoon Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    same here with the rainwater, except mine seems to drink puddles in the road showing me up in front of the neighbours who must assume that I don't put water out
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    misty wrote:
    You can buy the spray that you spray the house with from the environmental health department for about £2 instead of the £15 version from the vets. It's says on the tin suitable for treating household fleas and can be used on carpets etc. I had to sign to say that is what I was going to use it for.

I phoned my local council about this recently and will no longer sell these type of products to the public.

One of my cats likes to drink out of the bath, always comes through when I am just in it. I have to clear away a gap in the bubbles and he balances precariously with all four paws on the edge while he drinks. A couple of times he has fallen in and not been at all happy icon8.gif
  • squeakysqueaky Forumite
    14.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I'm a Volunteer Board Guide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch!! Sally fell in a couple of times when she was a kitten. A cat full of claws scrabbling frantically to get a grip and haul herself out while notionally located on your "middle bits" is not an activity to be encouraged. I still cross my legs every time I remember!
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • QueenieQueenie Forumite
    8.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    moggins wrote:
    One of my cats would only drink rainwater, she wouldn't touch it out of a tap. When we put her into quarantine I gave specific instructions about this but it obviously wasn't followed as within 2 weeks of her leaving quarantine she was dead from kidney failure :(

(((I'm so sorry))) :(

Squeaky ((((I'm soooooo laughing!!)))))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • MurtleMurtle Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    squeaky wrote:
    Ouch!! Sally fell in a couple of times when she was a kitten. A cat full of claws scrabbling frantically to get a grip and haul herself out while notionally located on your "middle bits" is not an activity to be encouraged. I still cross my legs every time I remember!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mine used to sit on the tray thing across the bath....tail in the water on one side whilst their paws patted the bubbles on the other....they'd suddenly realise their tail was wet and look round at me, as if it was my fault!!!

moggins, that is soooo sad. :grouphug:

(that is the weirdest looking hug I have seen, but it's meant as normal one!

x x
  • mogginsmoggins Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was really horrible at the time as she'd been with me from the day she was born and she was 16 when she died. She shouldn't have died as when the vet checked her out for her final rabies jab and pre-flight check he said that he had never seen a cat of her age in such good health and that she would probably see him out. Quarantine was a cruel thing to do to her and in hindsight she would have been better off with me rehoming her.

I thought I'd done everything correctly though and even came back to this country purely to check out quarantine facilities, I honestly thought I'd chosen the very best for her.

Now I have one that likes to bite my toes when I walk upstairs :)
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • SnowyOwl_2SnowyOwl_2 Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    moggins wrote:

For six months last year I was "between homes" and lodging with my sister who wouldn't let my 3 kitties into her house. They therefore went into a cattery (at £10 a night for six months, it is LOVE!!). I wasn't working for much of the time either so I took to dropping in at odd times during their opening hours. I showed up at midday more than once to find their litter trays absolutely stinking, no food at all out...and not a single drop of water. At the very, very least there should have been water... To say I was not amused is a gross understatement...one of my kitties was then 16, yes she survived but I had to do some shouting to get them to look after her properly. The money accepted by some people in exchange for care and attention of your animal is a contract quite obviously not honoured very well when our backs are turned. I am sorry about your kitty Moggins, it is a hateful, horrible thing for those people to have ignored your instructions, but you weren't to know and you did your absolute best for her.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides