We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

1…351352354356357…371

Comments

  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    So glad your scan went well NelliePie, I'm already getting impatient and I've got 7 weeks to go. Desperately trying to convince the OH that we need a 16 week scan, it's not working so far sadly!
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,634 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hello,

    I am joining you from the under 12 weeks group. I had my scan on Monday and I am due 12th February 2019 :)

    I am now 12 weeks and 1 day and I am still really struggling with my energy levels. Please tell me it gets better?

    Thanks all
    :money::rotfl::T
  • Bosscout
    Bosscout Posts: 94 Forumite
    (I'm still hanging about here despite being 28wks tomorrow!)

    Energy levels do get better!! And embrace that beautiful 2nd trimester energy.... because then they get worse again :rotfl: Although to be fair, we have just gone through the worst heatwave in forever, so perhaps I would've been a little more energetic without that!!

    So glad all your scans have gone well! :j
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,447 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Welcome SarahJ
  • NelliePie
    NelliePie Posts: 280 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Welcome Sarah!
    Energy levels do get better- at first i felt like I could sleep all day every day and napped as much as I could get. Now I get tired a bit quicker than I used to (a spot of weeding at the weekend wiped me out and tea and biscuits were required) but I do have the energy to get up and at least make a start. It will come just look after yourself and if your body is telling you to sleep then do, things like hour work can hopefully be picked up but you OH/family or can just wait until you're feeling better. I know we went through a few weeks with a messy house and lots of laundry to do but in the end it doesn't really matter.
    Little One born 19/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - £144k mortgage, £134k remaining
  • T4taylor
    T4taylor Posts: 93 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi folks, jumping back in from lurking! I!!!8217;m 22 weeks today and edd is 6th December. I!!!8217;ve been stripping wallpaper in the nursery today, my nesting instinct has kicked in and no-one is going to tell me what I can!!!8217;t do. Although typically my dad did say !!!8220;hope you!!!8217;ve not been climbing!!!!8221;
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,634 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Thanks to all who replied - I am glad to hear energy levels will improve. Funnily enough today was the first day in weeks I have actually felt ok, not tired or drained so that is good.

    I found out yesterday my cousin (we have a strained relationship at the best of times) is also pregnant but I am unsure how far gone. So that is me due February and my sister due January then my cousin at some point.
    :money::rotfl::T
  • Munchkin84
    Munchkin84 Posts: 387 Forumite
    So I realised today that I dont have a clue what baby things we need. Or how to care for a baby.
    Best get reading I guess.

    19+1 today. Feeling pretty good to be honest. Apart from not sleeping due to the heat.
    Hope everyone else is well x
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,447 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    *Munchkin* you really don't need much! You don't need half the stuff they try to sell you!
  • Bosscout
    Bosscout Posts: 94 Forumite
    I'm clueless too, Munchkin - but there are some (always contradictory) lists around on the internet.

    Basically, as long as you either have, or can purchase very fast, some clothes, some way of feeding, somewhere to put the baby to sleep, and some sort of shelter then you're already doing okay! Oh - and a way of getting baby home from the hospital, which may mean a car seat, depending on your circs.

    I've bought some sleepsuits (and will get more closer to the time - but not loads, because I live near the shops, and can send the OH out to buy more appropriately sized ones once we have baby with us and know how big he is!). A crib - still need to buy a cellular blanket. Am hoping to breastfeed (if for some reason this is impossible, Sainsbury's is right by us and my OH will be dispatched, and before that the hospital isn't going to let the little Sprog starve!!) and we live in a flat! So that's the basics covered :)

    Obviously we have accrued other bits and bobs...who doesn't! But there really isn't much essential, provided you have the ways and means to send someone to the shops for you in those early days. Or if it comes to it, get on Amazon and enjoy some next-day-delivery!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.