We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

1…353354356358359…371

Comments

  • Munchkin84
    Munchkin84 Posts: 387 Forumite
    Just got booted or punched in the belly. Sat watching tv and pressing down on my belly to see if I could feel anything, felt a tiny movement then a massive kick that made me jump.
    Havent been able to feel any movements before
  • Bosscout
    Bosscout Posts: 94 Forumite
    I'm 29wks now, but around 21 weeks I suddenly started getting movements I could feel. Now he won't stop - he makes me jump a lot. Although I did laugh when a sudden loud noise made him jump the other day :D Makes you remember they're real little people in there!

    Sainsbury's start their 25% off clothes event tomorrow - includes baby clothes, I believe. We're going to get a few more packs of newborn/0-1 sizes that we can exchange if he turns out to be a big beasty!

    Good luck on finding out the gender Munchkin. It was about the only thing we did get at our 1st 20wk scan - he loves to hide all the bits that the sonographers try to look at, whilst waving his willy at the scanner!
  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    Aww I'm really excited to start feeling baby moving! We're telling my dad's side of the family today, they're the main ones who don't know yet, then a few more friends left after. Neither of us are big on facebook so we won't be putting it on there.
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,447 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    I'd really like it if the second trimester glow and energy surge kicked in now!
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    You guys are a bit later on in the pregnancy so might know more - how soon did you all tell work? And my mum has a superstition that you don't bring a buggy in til it's born. Have you heard the same? Been following the threads for a while. I've only just found out (not been to the docs yet though) but know it's best not to get excited until after week 12.
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • NelliePie
    NelliePie Posts: 280 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    I told my workplace at 10 weeks because I work in a laboratory and factory so there are lots of hazardous chemicals - I ended up having for an early scan at 10 weeks (due to hyperemesis) so knew everything was ok with baby. It's really when you feel comfortable - I know one who left it until closer to 18 weeks.
    Also don't worry about superstition - they're called superstitions because they're not true!
    Little One born 19/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - £144k mortgage, £134k remaining
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    NelliePie wrote: »
    I told my workplace at 10 weeks because I work in a laboratory and factory so there are lots of hazardous chemicals - I ended up having for an early scan at 10 weeks (due to hyperemesis) so knew everything was ok with baby. It's really when you feel comfortable - I know one who left it until closer to 18 weeks.
    Also don't worry about superstition - they're called superstitions because they're not true!

    Thank you. That's what I thought lol
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Munchkin84
    Munchkin84 Posts: 387 Forumite
    I told Work at six weeks as I MC before at six weeks. Seven weeks I had a small bleed so ran out of work to hospital so they understood straight away rather than we spending five minutes explaining.
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,447 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    I told work at 6 weeks as I had a miscarriage at Easter so ended up telling them about that anyway as I had a few days off.


    I have heard that superstition but like all superstitions I think it's total nonsense! I bought my pram at 13 weeks last time as it was a really good deal and brought it home that day. I bought a different pram this time, it's already in the house.
  • Bosscout
    Bosscout Posts: 94 Forumite
    I told my workplace at 6 weeks - highly hazardous environment, so I really didn't have a choice.

    And we got our pram at about 20/21 weeks, and I put it up straight away, to check all the bits were there! (They weren't - I'm far more 'superstitious' about bits being missing than I am about any curse! But now I have all the bits before I need the pram. At worse, get it, put it up in someone else's house, or put it up and take it down again in your own!)

    Hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying the cooler weather. I am on my last full week of work - go down to 4 day weeks next week, and not a moment too soon. At 31wks, Sproglet is getting heavy!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.