12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• woollisox
    woollisox Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    Hope he gets a good kick soon Arbrighton! My oh is still moping around for a movement but I've showed him this thread and said he's got a long time to wait yet!

18+0 today, time is dragging til my scan! Two weeks today and we'll know if our little bundle will be pink or blue! Had some lovely movements over the past half hour, and if I press in on my tummy I can feel a hard bit towards the left that I sure is LO, as it was on the right yesterday. OH can at least feel the baby if I'm right (and I've convinced him that it is baby but we just can't feel lumps and bumps yet :/ )
    Have spent my time window shopping travel systems, but still not really sure what to buy as there's so many choices! (And they're expensive!) FIL has said he wants to buy the pram, but hasn't given us a budget yet so just looking around to see what the options are until we see him. I'm so tempted to buy a second hand travel system. M+P Sola is about £500 instore, can buy it second for about £150, to me is obvious. OH and his dad aren't so sure they want baby in a second hand pram when we can afford to buy new.
    Think it's MSE that is doing this to me as I don't want to spend money I don't have to, where as before it'd have been £1k+ to get the perfect pushchair. Now I don't see the point of spending it if I don't have to (and I much prefer this way of thinking!)
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Woolisox hope time starts moving quickly for your scan. Do.you have a prediction if you think blue or pink? We too could of afforded a brand new pram but DH wanted us to look for second hand, I was unsure but we found a second hand one and its like new and worth the saving defiantly. Maybe try telling them that most bits on it can be removed and washed prior to baby coming so will freshen it up.

Had my whooping jab monday and seeing the midwife Friday, can't believe that will be .y 24week appt, time seems to be going both fast and slow, does that make sense to anyone? Haha.
    We seem to have most things now, last big thing to get is the baby monitor. Hows everyone else going with buying stuff and in general?
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    Options
    We have had a convincing kick for daddy

hurrah
  • Ratison
    Ratison Posts: 263 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    This stage of pregnancy has lasted forever!
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Ratison it definitely feels like that. The time in between waiting for the 12 weeks scan and 20 week scan seems to drag. Then once that's done with, your then waiting for the 24 week appt. Since I've had my 24 weeks appt, the weeks have flown by. I have my 28 week one next week, and can't believe how quick its come around. It will get there :)
  • firebird082
    firebird082 Posts: 577 Forumite
    edited 9 March 2017 at 3:05PM
    Options
    arbrighton wrote: »
    We have had a convincing kick for daddy

Yay!

Newthrift, I can't believe you've got everything sorted already! We finally managed to get the cot and mattress last weekend, and a number of other items (including car seat and base) have been promised by a work colleague, whose daughter is just growing out of them all. The 'nursery' is only half decorated, and we haven't really thought about any of the 'other' stuff yet! (although our local Mothercare do have their expectant parents evening with the associated discounts in a couple of weeks, so I expect we might get most of the 'little' bits then).

Sorry - still lurking over here at 26 weeks :)
  • woollisox
    woollisox Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats Mr Arbrighton!
    My sister took me out for lunch today and she's got such a lovely bump. Spent an hour shopping around and looking at baby clothes. She's having a boy so obviously much easier for her to mooch around! I've picked up a few sleeveless vests (August baby so don't want them to overheat).
    Newthrift - my favourite colour is pink and I'd love a little girl to dress up pretty, BUT I'm convinced it's a boy. OH is the exact same - he wants a boy and thinks it's a girl. We'll find out in 12 days, and I'm so excited!
    As for buying big things - I've bought the nursery set secondhand from a friend. Really GC and solid furniture and she didn't want much for it.
    Bought a Moses basket,
    Breast pump
    Monitors
    Other than that just vests and baby grows, socks and little bits of clothing. Have bought a few packs of nappies and a few boxes of wipes but MIL has gone crazy buying them so I'm not going to buy many nappies.
    Have a huge list of things to buy, will get round to it. We've decided best thing is to just buy bits at a time or if we see something on a good deal we'll buy it then.
    Our living room has finally started to be plastered (6 months late of schedule) will take a few weeks as a family friend is doing it on the weekend and we have 4 alcoves in our living room and it's apparently awkward plastering walls that touch. As soon as the living room is finished (just four weeks left!!!!!!) then we can start ripping out the baby's room and get that started :D:D
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent abrighton :)
    I'm convinced I'm having a boy but DH doesn't know which he thinks haha.
    Firebird - it's just landed quite well with things we wanted have been on offer so I've got them then. We have been brought a couple of the slightly bigger things like the playmat and bouncer chair and borrowing the isofix base from friends. I just get over organised when I starr on something haha.

Off to see the midwife for my 24week appointment tomorrow.
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • moreofthegoodstuff
    moreofthegoodstuff Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 March 2017 at 9:38PM
    Options
    16 weeks on Thursday :o:o it's my first pregnancy and I'm quite petite (5'1 size 8) I always expected to not get much of a bump until the end but it's growing like crazy and I'm now having to wear maternity clothes, is that normal at this many weeks?? Everything is so tight otherwise!! The consultant mentioned that when they start measuring me that I probably won't be inside the lines for the chart as I'm little, she might be wrong at this rate lol!

What should I expect from my 16 week appointment, will they take more blood? Looking at my results it looks like my iron levels are low, are iron tablets quite small? I had an issue with the larger folic acid tablets so feeling a bit worried after being so sick! I'm now on daily aspirin so getting used to taking things daily.
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    Options
    Don't think they did bloods at my 16 week. We did urine, discussed last bloods, blood pressure and baby's heartbeat (officially too early)

Bean managed to do a big kick for my sister over the weekend, she was a bit freaked out!

I am 24weeks tomorrow so I suppose I had better toddle off to the big thread, eeeeeeeeek
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback