12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    New I looked at the Pioneer but was warned off it by my sister. A girl she works with has had nothing but problems with it. I quite like the look of the Joolz and there is a couple at Mamas & Papas I'm now looking at as well as the Jools and Icandy. So many systems to choose from like. I think I've settled on one and then another one appears on the radar.

I've tried not to buy anything big as we seriously lack storage space. No nursery for us either as we are in a 1 bed at the moment. Trying to wait until prices rise a bit in our area before attempting to sell (the joys of living in a city that relied on the bloody oil) :rotfl: We have a fairly large bedroom and hoping to be out by the end of 2017, by then baby will be about 6 months and probably ready to move into his own room.
  • cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    Ironically we looked at Joolz as well but had had really negative feedback from a couple of people, whereas Pioneer people raved about! You can't win, so just go with what works for you, there will always be good and bad reviews :)
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • LottieLou
    LottieLou Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Can I please join you all. Reading back I recognise some names from the TTC thread, but I havent posted on any groups so far re my pregnancy. I think it's just not felt real!

I'm 18+ 5 today, 20 week scan is on the 19th jan (20+4). Still struggling to make my mind up if we are finding out or not - the Mr definitely wants to. Has anyone booked onto their NHS antenatal classes yet? I've been debating changing my booking hospital for a while so missed out being given the numbers of who & when to ring initially.

Hope you are all well and having a good day xx
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Options
    poddle911 wrote: »
    Glad your scans went well Vanilla, Sweet and Penguin! Ours is in 2 weeks and OH keen to find out what we're having - I think he just wants to have as much info as possible in advance!

We have not bought a single thing so it's good to hear about your research and purchases! (But trying not to get freaked out...)

Yes my OH is the same- he said it helps to plan. Whereas ironically he is less bothered about some of he anomaly checks as his attitude is 'we'd deal with it'.

We haven't bought anything yet and I doubt we will until at least next month, and now realistically it will be March. There's loads of time! Plus house sorting is a priority so I want my bedroom sorted before baby's!
    vanilla8 wrote: »

Glad your scan went well Penguin. Had my scan yesterday and very much the same- baby lying awkwardly and not photogenic! We too are having a boy

Exciting that it's a little boy! Makes it seem more real doesn't it?

Welcome to the thread LottieLou :) we've not booked our nhs classes yet, but need to add it to the list!
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    So I think I finally felt something last night. Was different to the gassy feeling, more like little bubbles popping in my lower stomach. It was very strange, but in a nice way. It happened a few times, hence why I'm more convinced this was actual movements.

Welcome Lottie. We booked with NCT instead of the NHS ones, partly because the NCT ones are the same group throughout (easier to make new mummy friends IMO) and feedback from those who have attended our NHS ones isn't that great.
  • firebird082
    firebird082 Posts: 577 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2017 at 3:56PM
    Options
    Morning all, hope everyone's OK. We've done a bit of investigating this weekend, and my potentially useful information is as follows.

NHS classes round here are booked via the midwife, much later on in the pregnanyc, so nothing I can do about them yet. It appears to be a 1 day (weekend) that literally just covers birth/hospital bits. Possibly useful, but not quite NCT.

NCT covers the whole gamut, and goes on for about 6/8 weeks with the same group, lots more information etc, so we're going to book those as soon as I've got the information through from the nearer one. The essentials seems to be £130, the signature £265. Still not entirely clear what the difference is!

We also popped into John Lewis yesterday, and had a chat with the lady there who said they do a 'new parent nursery set up' type thing, where you get a member of staff for 2 hours to show you around everything and give advice. They compile a list of everything you liked during said tour, and give you that (useful as a sort of 'gift list' if people are wanting to get you presents?). And no obligation to buy anything. We're definitely going to take advantage in the next month or so. Seems quite useful for anyone else (like us) who is completely overwhelmed by the amount of 'stuff' and how it all works...

And we've also finally managed to buy a replacement car - Mercedes B class, so no problem with space for buggy etc :)

Tried to chase up my missing 16 week appt on Friday, but when I phoned the antenatal dept someone picked up the phone and promply put it down again :eek: Thought I'd better not try again after that! Hopefully they will be having a better day today...

Exciting April! I can't wait to feel something, but it's all still dead (hopefully not!) quiet here.
  • cats2012
    Options
    Hey all - just an update on the hypnobirthing course for those who were interested :) Ours was just one full day, plus book & mp3s we had to do before to prep then continue after and it was really good! Perfect balance of pragmatic natural - I had been worried it would be a bit "hippyish" but not at all. Was run by an ex-nurse. Even OH enjoyed it!! I'm feeling really positive about trying it all now, just need to get into the habit of listening to the mp3s as many days as possible.

After that course I'm intrigued to see what our other antenatal classes include. We're not doing NCT as the dates didn't work (and I do plenty of other stuff where I'll meet "mum friends") but our midwife is very positive about the hospital classes so fingers crossed they will answer our questions. I think I'm just going to ask midwife loads of questions too - particularly around medical interventions as that's where I'm most nervous.

April - that does sound like baby :) don't worry though, I def wasn't feeling definite movements until past 20 weeks, hence being so nervous as my scan! Oh finally felt then around 24 weeks I think. Now she keeps me up at night which is amazing and a little annoying all at the same time :)
  • ellesbellesxxx
    Options
    Hello all!
    Been rubbish at keeping up with thread- glad to see all doing well so far and scans going well!

CATS seeing your message has really reassured me!!! People keep asking if I have felt the twins move - it's possible I have felt one (feel some poppy feelings) but...it could quite easily be gas judging by the rumblings and grumblings going on!!!

We have booked the NCT essentials course - toyed with the signature one but essentials cheaper and for people more locally to us which was the biggie. Not sure if we will do NHS one too- any thoughts?

I am 16w 5 today... hopefully only 3 more weeks until the next scan!
    :rotfl:
  • cats2012
    Options
    Elles def don't worry - could be position of your placenta too. You're still very early. Lots of second time + mums say they feel earlier as they know what they're looking for, but my midwife said before 18 weeks it is very likely it's just gas lol.
  • ellesbellesxxx
    Options
    Ahh thanks Cats! xx
    :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts