PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th December 2014

Options

Comments

• Effyb4
    Effyb4 Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    Mystical Monday – Master Bedroom and Landing
    15 minutes…
    [STRIKE]Strip Boy's beds and wash sheets.[/STRIKE] Remake before bedtime!!!
    30 minutes to spare…
    [STRIKE]Wipe windowsills and light switches[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Clean bedside tables[/STRIKE]
    Floordrobe clearance!
    [STRIKE]Vacuum floors in bedroom and landing[/STRIKE]

Take DH's sick note in to work
    Take repeat prescription form into the doctors
    £1000 Emergency Fund #175 - £598/£1000
    PAYDBX 16 #134 - £2139.00/£6961.85
    Roadkill Rebel #22 85p
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sail sewn, quickly and easily. Why do I procrastinate so much? :(
  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    Options
    Going to Devon on Thursday next week so have 7 days with kids in school to catch up with study, do all Xmas prep plus all usual house crap argh. Anyone know when last day to post to Canada for Xmas is please?
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yuck HB.

Just got in, it's been a long day. Friend back in surgery Wednesday, one side has totally failed, I could weep for her.

Just having a cuppa and sorting out food for DS3 who is hungry, I'm have nutty chocolate for now! I'll eat with the big ones when they get in - did make friend a sandwich when we got home and insisted she sat and ate it.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Busy_granny
    Options
    Went to Pilates-painful!Stripped the bed but need DH to help as we have to pull out the mattress,he is the great procrastinator so we might finish it by bedtime.tidied floordrobe and gave jacket to CS.Gardener washed conservatory roof and sorted logs,so had quick lunch then took friend to have her stitches out after a hip op.It is very cold so I lit the fire but dropped a hot piece of wood on our best rug so studied u tubeto try and improve it.
  • serena
    serena Posts: 2,387 Forumite
    Options
    Kitchen Done! Yes, well I know that wasn't the room today, but I started without checking the list!

Dusty So sorry to hear your friend's trials, and sending her the very best wishes for a good outcome.

I managed to cross off ALL the things on my own list for last week, very pleased! :D I need to draw up another list for this week.

DD is up to her eyes in uni work, and also not feeling great, last week of term, so expect her to get to the weekend and keel over.

DS1's business is in full Christmas rush, so I have been recruited to packing staff. Don't intend to make a future career in it, as I don't like cardboard cuts, and sticky tape seems to be removing my finger prints.... :p

Love, hugs, sticks and spoons as needed.
    It is never too late to become what you were always intended to be
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    It has taken me an hour to strip beds, collect and sort all the laundry for the laundrette, and in the process I have discovered a wet bed. !!!!!!. These are professional adults.

Some time ago when I worked in payroll some of the management went to a conference and stayed in a hotel. After a few drinks in the bar one of them wet the bed. The hotel charged his employer for a new mattress and in no time the story was around the whole workplace. I couldnt decide whether to feel sorry for him or just think he was an idiot for going out drinking when he knew what it did to him.

Anyhow, I have worked, made tea, done aerobics, pulled everything from under our bed, hoovered and put most of it back, sorted some washing and generally tidied up.

I am tired and grumpy now so I am going to get an early night.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening!

Just off to bed -yawn- but wanted to say yuk to the human and cat puddles, yaay to mrs mp's dad and gentle hugs to Dusty's friend.

Not lots done here, didn't get home from work till 4.30. But I have vacced all upstairs, emptied DW, made and cleaned up after dinner, sorted kiddies for bed, spilt pickled onion vinegar everywhere and wiped out the drawers and doors said vinegar dribbled down :(

Early start tomorrow so bags, and de-icer at the ready, and I've polished the kids grotty shoes ;)

Hectic paid stuff at the moment. In a workshop tomorrow and another next Monday, so technically only 3 days left to work. I'm both :D and :eek: at the same time...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • msgnomey
    msgnomey Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    HA! so much for being in!! :( came home from bed with a bad headache, went to bed for a couple of hours
    Go hopefully into each new day, enjoy something from every day no matter how small, you never know when it will be your last
  • Frizzle_2
    Frizzle_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    Today's list completed, all be it with some help from my lovely mother! 😊
    The only thing I didnt do was Hoover the bedroom, but kiddies were in bed so will either do tomorrow or Wednesday!
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure