PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th December 2014

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    New thread

In flylady tradition we shall we having the 'I will clear my ironing mountain by New Year's Eve'. Let me know by posting a :snow_laug
    if you wish to be included.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :snow_laug

although I must confess that, despite the house being in a tip there is no ironing mountain in Villa Valli at present. Having said that, with two students about to return from University that situation is EXTREMELY likely to change. So I am in.

Floor clearance going on apace. I have thrown away stuff I had been keeping 'just in case':cool:. (It wasn't on the floor BTW - just that I have a tidying head on - it's a much better head than the CBA one I seem to have been wearing for months! - anyone else remember Worzel Gummidge and his interchangeable heads?)
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • cyclingyorkie
    Options
    :snow_grin:snow_laug:snow_laug
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • cyclingyorkie
    Options
    Sorry for the above post, but I am on the kindle and couldn't tell them apart. And yes I do need an eye test. Yes, I am in on the ironing challenge. Doing quite well atm, but haven't started getting ready for the festivities yet...
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • mamaninie
    mamaninie Posts: 430 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2014 at 10:44PM
    Options
    :snow_grin:snow_grin:snow_grin:snow_laug

I don't do much ironing so shouldn't be tooooo bad, mind you last time I completely cleared it I took it all down to the ironing lady's shop at the bottom of my road for £1 a shirt :eek: very tempting that is, being literally 50paces away :rotfl:

House reasonably clean and tidy as of this evening, hoovered downstairs and stairs, all washing put away in drawers. De cluttered some hair from ds and some toenails etc tonight. I literally had to sit on him. Bathroom looked like I had murdered a vole in there but it swept up fairly well. Feel like I'm a bit ahead for next week but really I'm just late catching up with this week:rotfl:
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorting out what to do with our Christmas tree this weekend led to an awesome declutter fling boogie (or at least fling to Doctor Who). The paper recycling bin was full to overflowing this morning, just in time for the bin men. TWO rooms are clear, and a long-obscured wooden box had a long-needed polish.

Trouble is, the decorations had a year's worth of dust on them, and I had to use a load of Dream Cream to allay my suddenly irritated skin, and when I woke up this morning, I only had one and a half eyes!!! :eek:

I look like Popeye! :rotfl:
    Home improvement payments £16.6K to go

June Grocery Challenge: £227.58/250

Decluttering 1244/2024 Awards 🥇
    (15/06/24)
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wishus hope your eyes are better soon - please join us on this week's thread - link in my post a few above, click on the larege words New Thread
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport