Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2015

Options

Comments

• ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    I remember going to the drive through/eat in stand alone in Enfield when my son was living in the area.

There is one in Selfridges in Birmingham, you stand in line and they just come along giving out glaze donuts for free. Never stopped us buying a box of 12 to take home though

Enfield is the one near us. :) there is also a shop not too far from work but it's not on my normal route in (thankfully).

I think I prefer the Excalibur location as you can get them quite fresh...I get a bit suspicious about the boxes BUT at the Caesars gift shop they have KK donut holes which have never failed me when there is an urgent need for something sweet and the in-room snackery has dried up. The pumpkin spice ones they had last October were particularly good.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • burnoutbabe
    burnoutbabe Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks! We can't wait, looked at loads of hotels and settled with the vdara as like the modern look/no smoking etc, on the 8 week count down at the moment, which room type did you stay in?

we did a shuttle to vdara, $28 return for 2 of us.

We booked a Vdara suite but at check in did the $20 tip and got changed to a corner suite - same size but wrap around windows. Also got resort fees comped.

Liked the hotel, handy for most places and used the tram to get down to Manderlay bay (tram to Monte carlo, walk past New York New York, get on new tram.

We did loads of 2 person buffets via MyVegas.

Aria lunch twice - really liked their vareity of foods
    MGM Grand once for dinner - pretty cafe ish, food average
    Mandalay Bat for breakfast once - nice setting and hard to get breakfast wrong, nothings special though.

Also did a free show via Vdara booking (Ka) and did Shark reef which was pleasant for 30 mins but glad I didn't pay for it.
  • tarkytarks
    tarkytarks Posts: 289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How common is it to do 2 separate reservations for the same room at the same hotel? e.g. nights 1 and 2 under 1 booking and nights 3 & 4 on another? I'm now looking at a couple of offers one of which ends at the end of March so we could in theory book 2 nights using that offer then the rest of the holiday on another offer code and just get them to link the bookings either beforehand by email or at check in so that we don't have to move...

I really should make my mind up and stop looking around for better deals :):):)
  • ferf1223
    Options
    we regularly have 2 back-to-back reservations that we have linked so we can stay in the same room, though in our case they are one on my hubby's account and one on mine vs two on my hubby's account on different offers.

We have found that if we email to ask that they are linked before we get there it is a bit easier on the check-in person.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • tarkytarks
    Options
    As soon as hubby's clarity c card turns up we will be able to split bookings between us, until then it's down to me on my post office card :):)

Having read the T&Cs I'll use the 2 separate offers, it doesn't say you can't - and the preferable one that includes the daily resort credit is only valid until the 31st so I can't use it for the entire booking even though I'd love to!
  • ferf1223
    Options
    do the T&Cs of either indicate you have to leave XX between offer bookings? It seems like sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
  • tarkytarks
    edited 8 March 2015 at 11:37PM
    Options
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    do the T&Cs of either indicate you have to leave XX between offer bookings? It seems like sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Nothing specific like that, just that it's not applicable if you're attending a conference :rotfl:. I've emailed a request to to the hotel to link the bookings, so in theory I'd expect them to flag up any issues then and worst case I'll just re-book those nights in hubby's name.

Edit: I received a really speedy reply saying the bookings have been linked so all good to go!
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    @ Photome

When you did your car with Alamo, were you trying to upgrade at the main front desk, or with a guy in the garage area (or booth in the garage) ???
    Although I don't have a booking at LAS, I got my SUV rental booked with Alamo for LAX, and the plan is to get a Full size/Prem SUV, for either slipping a garage guy $20 or paying at the booth (i'll use the kiosks so I don't have to see the front desk, as I hear front desk staff are Not the best to try and upgrade with ?????)
  • Butterscotch-
    Options
    We'd like to see Beatles Love but wondering what would be the cheapest way? I have enough MyVegas points but is a ticket booth better? Or is it one I should book in advance?

TIA
  • vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    What's ur favs we have just checked in at Luxor courtesy of my vegas, may just have to have one later:)

We're doing 3 nights at Luxor with MyVegas in May. Is your room ok? We have never stayed there. I'm sure it is supposed to be a Pyramid Room, wondering if we should try to upgrade or try $20 trick? We probably won't spend much time in the room anyway, as it's only 3 nights plus we'll have a car those days so will be out and about, as well as trying to cram in some MyVegas buffets. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure