🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2015

Options

Comments

• vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Regarding the MGM CSI coupon, read it carefully. I have a feeling it's for 2 crime scenes for the price of one, not 2 people for the price of one. Fair enough if you're happy to get the additional crime scene but it might not save you money on the base price.

The CSI thing includes a load of displays telling you how to do investigations. You read everything and then go to your crime scene to solve it. A lot of the work/interest is in reading all the stuff so doing 2 crime scenes won't really feel like getting double value if that makes sense. Could still be a good deal though.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    lesley74 wrote: »
    Regarding the MGM CSI coupon, read it carefully. I have a feeling it's for 2 crime scenes for the price of one, not 2 people for the price of one. Fair enough if you're happy to get the additional crime scene but it might not save you money on the base price.

Ack! Sorry if that is the case and I misunderstood...I completely forgot that they have more than one crime scene and that the coupon might work that way.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    baza52 wrote: »
    YES it was me ;)

:D I thought so, pleased my memory is still good
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lesley74 wrote: »
    Howard Hughes really only runs up to the back of the Wynn. I guess depending on the time of day you could still stay in the shade if you turned left at the top, and get back onto the Palazzo side of strip which would be shaded to do a loop. I guess you could get right down to the Vegas sign if you liked If you're training for a half you'll be doing longer runs than I would. I only really do 5ks. Knees don't like much more. Crossing the road in Vegas when running would be more of a pain than at home. That's why I thought of Howard Hughes blvd (is it a blvd?), as it's very peaceful. I'd have to go up and down it twice though to get my 5 or 6k in. Not sure I can even do it in Vegas heat anyway (and after having drinkies night before lol).

I'm blissfully unaware of noise from the gas station lorries. Sirens maybe occasionally, the soundproofing is pretty decent. You hear it all if you're on the balcony of course.
    Our training runs will start at 7am after a heavy night no doubt. We'll be running out to the sign, then all the way up the strip to SLS and then home. 10 miles, we should get 2 of those done as well s a couple of 5 milers.

We think of it as our penance for drinking and eating too much. :D:beer:
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Talking of CSI when is it on next, I do miss my fix
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • John259
    John259 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    We think of it as our penance for drinking and eating too much.
    And for attacking Jorah and Tyrion in Old Valyria? :)
    "Such an enormous country, you realize when you cross it" - Jack Kerouac
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    Our training runs will start at 7am after a heavy night no doubt. We'll be running out to the sign, then all the way up the strip to SLS and then home. 10 miles, we should get 2 of those done as well s a couple of 5 milers.

We think of it as our penance for drinking and eating too much. :D:beer:

wow training runs in vegas and at 7am im inpressed!!

My excersise in vegas just consists of alot of walking mainly up and down the strip, and walking about here and there,no way am i running:D

and thanks for the washing machine exspernation earlier in the thread
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I'm glad you came back Baz .....(and the Orleans still doesn't have a laundry room ;) ) :D

I've actually never needed to wash ad go in Vegas before but am currently debating if I should as I have a Euro ticket this trip and there's always the possibility I might "miss" my last flight !! ;)
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    I'm glad you came back Baz .....(and the Orleans still doesn't have a laundry room ;) ) :D

I've actually never needed to wash ad go in Vegas before but am currently debating if I should as I have a Euro ticket this trip and there's always the possibility I might "miss" my last flight !! ;)

Have to admit that we stayed in a lodge a few months ago and it had a full kitchen.
    Mrs Baza loved it and was washing and drying clothes to take home clean.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I do hate that washing mountain when you get home
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts