Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2015

Options

Comments

• jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Thank you! Will get printing and look on there for any other discounts! I think I am just one of those people that likes to be very organised, but this isnt always best for holidays with others! Not going until November so will just keep my eyes open!

Thanks again ferf! :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    I had a personal guided tour of the Tuscany laundry room. Because there is no way any tour I am on can skip the laundry facilities.

We don't go until October, but starting to get excited.

no YouTube video Ferf? I'm so disappointed .....and even more disappointed we miss each other in Vegas by a matter of weeks.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lesley74 wrote: »
    Bobby - as Duchy says I don't think folk are actually spending money they don't have - I know there has been a lot of discussion on Halifax Clarity and how it saves money on withdrawals abroad. Some people actually log on and make payments while away to save interest on the withdrawals, however the interest is really negligable anyway still making it cheaper than most debit cards to withdraw money abroad, even when you pay a little interest to the date of statement.

As for Platinum....There's at least 4 people on the board staying there this year, it's a well liked hotel...however I don't think it's just the hotel that draws us all, but the washing machines! :)

this was what i was meaning in regards the credit cards though i could not recall the damn name!
    i see Duchy and yourself have put me right with regards the hotel, its not a hotel heard or or seen!
    going to vegas, for washing machines?:cool:
    have fun !:D
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bobbyhibs wrote: »
    going to vegas, for washing machines?:cool:
    have fun !:D

The washing machine thing is a bit of and old joke. A long time ago someone mentioned that they couldn't think of going to Vegas and doing the washing, he/she was quite aggressive about it, so we kinda jumped in and started mentioning how many of us actually do our washing and the facilities available.

We wouldn't be able to do without being able to do our washing there, we travel heavy as it is so not being able to wash and wear things again doesn't bear thinking about
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    The washing machine thing is a bit of and old joke. A long time ago someone mentioned that they couldn't think of going to Vegas and doing the washing, he/she was quite aggressive about it, so we kinda jumped in and started mentioning how many of us actually do our washing and the facilities available.

We wouldn't be able to do without being able to do our washing there, we travel heavy as it is so not being able to wash and wear things again doesn't bear thinking about

From memory I think the poster who was anti washing has just started posting again;)
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Never had the view out to the East but never been bothered by noise either. I imagine it could be good in the morning to pop out and sit in the sun if you're up and about waiting for sun at the pool (around 11am in September).

Out of curiosity Stoneman - have you ever jogged up Howard Hughes? I planned to do it in the past but never got around to it. Looks like it could be quiet and shaded, and a good stretch of pavement without having to cross busy roads.

Crikey the noise of the bin lorries at 5am outside of the Gas station and the constant wailing of sirens through the night did my head in, but then maybe I;m a light sleeper.

Never ran up Howard Hughes (eww errr missus) but yes it does look shaded. Might see if it goes through and joins up to the strip further on. We either do the strip out to SLS which is shaded a bit till you get to Wynn or now a days we tend to head out towards the Vegas sign.

We have the Nottingham Marathon coming up on the 27th of September so will be running much further while we are in Vegas.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    From memory I think the poster who was anti washing has just started posting again;)

YES it was me ;)
  • vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    I had a personal guided tour of the Tuscany laundry room. Because there is no way any tour I am on can skip the laundry facilities.

We don't go until October, but starting to get excited.

Excited - about the trip in general, or about the laundry?
  • vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 August 2015 at 5:46PM
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    Crikey the noise of the bin lorries at 5am outside of the Gas station and the constant wailing of sirens through the night did my head in, but then maybe I;m a light sleeper.

Never ran up Howard Hughes (eww errr missus) but yes it does look shaded. Might see if it goes through and joins up to the strip further on. We either do the strip out to SLS which is shaded a bit till you get to Wynn or now a days we tend to head out towards the Vegas sign.

We have the Nottingham Marathon coming up on the 27th of September so will be running much further while we are in Vegas.

Howard Hughes really only runs up to the back of the Wynn. I guess depending on the time of day you could still stay in the shade if you turned left at the top, and get back onto the Palazzo side of strip which would be shaded to do a loop. I guess you could get right down to the Vegas sign if you liked If you're training for a half you'll be doing longer runs than I would. I only really do 5ks. Knees don't like much more. Crossing the road in Vegas when running would be more of a pain than at home. That's why I thought of Howard Hughes blvd (is it a blvd?), as it's very peaceful. I'd have to go up and down it twice though to get my 5 or 6k in. Not sure I can even do it in Vegas heat anyway (and after having drinkies night before lol).

I'm blissfully unaware of noise from the gas station lorries. Sirens maybe occasionally, the soundproofing is pretty decent. You hear it all if you're on the balcony of course.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    Excited - about the trip in general, or about the laundry?

we have no on-site laundry this trip. :(:(:( I do not mind the trip to Wizard of Suds, but I would not go so far as to be excited about it...give me an in-room laundry option and I'll be all :j:j though!
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure