A new debt free journey

Options

Comments

• lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    So glad it's Friday today. My head's not been in the game this week and I've just felt lethargic and consumed by the issues with the buyer for my flat. Should find out about that today so hopefully I'll know one way or the other what their intentions are. Methinks my next post will have me confirming my flat's back on the market!!

Have been able to see my payslip for August and all is well there, £11 higher than expected (thanks heavens for small mercies eh!?). I've had a pay rise at some stage and am now earning £1,000 more a year than when I started, not to be sniffed at! I've finalised September's budget, although have done two versions - one for if we move, one for if we don't. The one if we don't move is actually better as it means there's less pressure on me financially and I can put some money aside for Christmas and the vet fund. I don't actually want to deal with all the faff of putting it back on the market but will do so if I have to. I'm not a greedy person but I'm not losing £5,000 because somebody has changed their mind at the last minute... I'm just trying to look at the positives i.e. a bit more money to save, and also we'll be overpaying the mortgage under the current deal until we move, so long-term we'll be saving money if things don't go to plan with this buyer today. I just have to think of it like that!!

Plans for the weekend are Parkrun tomorrow morning, followed by horse riding tomorrow afternoon. Lunch with a friend on Sunday and that's about it. I had planned to do loads of packing as we had a long weekend, and may still do so depending on what happens today. If not, I'm sure I can busy myself somehow!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,056.55 as of 04/24
  • lcc86
    Options
    No news from this buyer, her phone was switched off all day yesterday. Really frustrated with the whole thing. She just dropped this bomb and then has left everybody hanging for the last few days, I don't even know how to describe it other than to say how incredibly rude it is. The estate agents will try to get hold of her again today. Hopefully we'll have an answer soon.
  • lcc86
    Options
    Feeling really down/frustrated today. Got a letter about the development work outside which I mentioned some time ago. The council is looking at buying up the land, as I thought, and they need me to say what my interest is in said land. Legally my interest is very small, I just have a right to access, but I have to reply or I'll be prosecuted. Although the buyer is aware that this development was planned, the fact that this has come up now just makes me think they will use it as leverage for their reduction. I can't ignore it and I can't withhold the information from the buyer for obvious reasons, so it's come at EXACTLY the wrong moment! Need to speak to my solicitor next week and see what their thoughts are. Hopefully I'm just doing my usual catastrophising and it actually has no impact whatsoever. I'm just having one of those "woe is me" moments, where everyone else has everything they want and everything goes smoothly for them and it doesn't for me. Of course that's not true, but I'm guilty of slipping into that mindset from time to time. It really p*sses me off that I do it but I can't help it. In my head, that letter means the place is unsellable or worth no money, and I KNOW logically that that's simply not true. I think I'm just stressed with the whole thing and the timing of it couldn't be worse. It's all water off a duck's back for OH, nothing seems to phase him and he says it'll all be fine. Meanwhile I'll probably have sleepless nights over it unnecessarily...

Well, I just need to try and forget about it as much as I can. There's nothing I can do until Tuesday when I can speak to my solicitor anyway so there's no point stressing. On the plus side, I've done parkrun and beat last week's time by a few seconds. Really struggled, it was so humid and muggy, and I find running almost unbearable in those conditions! I'm going to give the house a good clean this afternoon, I've really let it slip in the last month. I just keep thinking "oh well we're moving, I'll do it before we move" but it's getting a bit grim now lol. Horse riding later and then I'll probably be ready for bed!! :rotfl:
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Sorry that you're still having to hang on for an answer. You're right, it is just rude... Hope that you get some answers soon.
    Oh, and I am very guilty of that catastrophic thinking as well... :o
  • lcc86
    Options
    Thanks ccl, the worst part is not knowing what my budget will be for September. If we don't move then my finances are very different to if we do, and I can't confirm anything until this buyer sorts herself out. I emailed the estate agent and said if you don't get hold of her on Tuesday then I need the place back on the market. I'll probably lose the place I'm buying if she faffs about much more. The family I'm buying from stand to lose the most, they have to pay more in stamp duty and two mortgages as of September, so my buyer's little dilly-dallying has a real impact further up the line. I know that's not technically my problem but I can't help feeling a bit bad for them.

Still a little catastrophic-y today, and probably will be until Tuesday when I hope to know one way or the other. Just trying to busy myself. Gave the kitchen and bathroom a good deep clean yesterday, will probably carry on cleaning today too. Am meeting a friend for lunch and might go for a walk after.
  • lcc86
    Options
    Had a really nice day today, lunch with my friend was great, went to a little restaurant only about 2 miles away from home, can't believe I've never been there before! I budget £10, spent £10.66. Hardly broke the bank even if I did go over budget ;) OH's mum and sister also came over for a while. We don't often have visitors here as everyone has to pay for parking so it was nice to have someone round.

Keep looking online at "stuff" today... Stuff for the new house, classic cars, silly stuff. I think I'm going into 'uncertainty mode' because of the frustrations with the house so am just trying to distract myself looking at things I like. Trouble is that doesn't often help as I then start thinking how unfair it is that I can't have all these things :rotfl: Wish I could work out why my brain thinks the way it does. It's not unfair at all! If I truly did own all of those things I'd have no room to swing a cat and would probably be exceedingly skint! I do feel that I'm always looking for something, be it a hobby, a new home, new car, new qualifications etc. I wish I knew a psychologist or something, someone who could tell me why I think like that and how to stop it!

Anyway, I'm waffling now so I'll stop :o
  • lcc86
    Options
    Today's been a really nice day. Went to the gym this morning, then went for coffee, cake and a walk with OH. Came home, watched a bit of Netflix and then went for another walk. Feel knackered now! Been busy but in a really nice way.

Back to work tomorrow, and hopefully will hear about the house too. Keeping everything crossed. Payday tomorrow as well, need to find out what's going on with the house and then I'll know what I can do with September's budget. Will also recap targets and set new ones tomorrow too.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Everything crossed for good news tomorrow...
  • lcc86
    edited 30 August 2016 at 8:21PM
    Options
    Time to review August's targets:

1. Spend less than 75% of unallocated funds - achieved. I paid £1 day off my Very account and £1 a day to my moving fund too so very pleased with that.

2. Improve my riding - hmmmm unsure if I managed this one. At times I felt I did improve, but it's been hard going! I'm committed to riding a bit more to keep improving.

3. Finalise as much as possible for the move - well we know how that's gone! Got as much as possible done and was about to start packing but am still waiting for the buyer to sort herself out...

So now onto September's targets:

1. Extra PAD to my credit card. Probably just £1 a day but every little helps.

2. 15 NSD's minimum. Particularly as I don't know what's happening with the move, I just need to reign it in a bit to make sure I have funds available for anything unexpected.

3. Sort the house !!!! out! Pretty self explanatory, just need to find out what's going on and then implement anything which I need to.

4. Keep improving my riding. This is my one hobby and I seem stuck at a certain point so I really want to keep going and push it further.
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to see that the sale is all up in the air. Selling and buying can be so stressful, you're stuck in limbo and things are outside your control. It's a wonder anyone bothers :) I'm hoping to sell next year but really not looking forward to it. Needs must though. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family