Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

Options

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    flyfisher1 wrote: »
    Any advice or comments gratefully received.
    Switch to a different bank instead? Several are paying incentives, albeit none as high without jumping through a couple of extra hoops...either one where you (she!) can complete wholly online or one with a local branch.
  • flyfisher1
    Options
    Thanks yorks.boy.
    Yes, recognise I could do that but really do want the incentives offered for this bank.
    I could understand the problem if any security was already in place for the wife, which with other banks etc she passes then they are prepared to speak to me. But, with this one, which of course is the only one that requires telephone application, they are inflexible.
    Having been through the telephone application my self, I am aware what along and tedious process it is. even had problems maintaining concentration,let alone somebody with speech problems!
  • afmfifgh
    afmfifgh Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do not know how it would stand up from a legal view point but do you have a daughter or a female friend that could sit with your wife while the daughter/friend does the telephone call and basically act as though they are your wife. Make sure you have all the relevant information to hand and I can't see it being an issue from your view point. Just don't let on to the bank.
  • amysharkface
    Options
    Hello, this may be a stupid question but if you are switching bank accounts, do you have to move other accounts with that bank? I have two current accounts and a savings account and I was thinking about moving just the one current account over so I can access a bank in Scotland(RIP Lloyds in Scotland). Is that possible? Or is it just the one account that will be switched. I cannot seem to find any information on this anywhere which makes me think this is a stupid question, or I'm terrible at googling. Thanks in advance.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The switching process switches one (and only one) current account....
  • cakes890
    Options
    Hi there, I am wanting to switch my Halifax current account to Yorkshire bank but have only been with Halifax for 7 months. Do I have to stay with Halifax for a certain period of time before switching to another bank? Thanks in advance.
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    cakes890 wrote: »
    Hi there, I am wanting to switch my Halifax current account to Yorkshire bank but have only been with Halifax for 7 months. Do I have to stay with Halifax for a certain period of time before switching to another bank? Thanks in advance.
    I wish I'd a pound for every time that question has been asked on here! ;)

The answer is no. Some people have switched literally as soon as they've got their debit card for the donor account...in a matter of days, not months!

I assume you already have a Reward account (and are making £5 a month from it), and the one you're switching is a secondary Halifax account? If not, maybe consider another option instead?
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No need to wait, as long as you have a debit card you can switch, as most incentives and switch require you to enter the pan number of the card and expiry date, I have found when I have did this with clydesdale they did question the expiry date of the switching account and I just said I lost the card and it was a replacement.

Switch went well and as soon as I was paid the £150, I switched it out again.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm slowly reading through the post but thus far my question hasn't come up.

i have an old halifax account i want to switch to YB the direct debits are live ie set up on the halifax account just no payment has been made from them. This will happen on the 22 of this month.

Should i wait until the 22nd or can i do it now i'm not sure what YB definition of active DD means ?
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    I'm slowly reading through the post but thus far my question hasn't come up.

i have an old halifax account i want to switch to YB the direct debits are live ie set up on the halifax account just no payment has been made from them. This will happen on the 22 of this month.

Should i wait until the 22nd or can i do it now i'm not sure what YB definition of active DD means ?
    It doesn't matter whether a DD has been called or not prior to a switch or switch request being made. So long as the DDIs are showing on Halifax that's all that matters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure