Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

Options

Comments

• ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My switch occured on 1/6 and I received my £150 on 4/8 so I am very happy.
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    I have received a letter from my bogus account with TSB saying that they can't do the switch. what shall i do? It says if you would like to continue with this switch you will need to contact your new bank directly. Ie. Yorkshire bank. Argghh, any advice?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I have received a letter from my bogus account with TSB saying that they can't do the switch. what shall i do? It says if you would like to continue with this switch you will need to contact your new bank directly. Ie. Yorkshire bank. Argghh, any advice?

Please stop calling your TSB account your 'bogus account'.

I've tried to read your previous post from 29 July but gave up because it was so rambling & difficult to decipher:(

Have you actually got a new current account open with Yorkshire Bank? Or is it with Clydesdale Bank?

What is the proper name of the TSB account you want to switch to Yorkshire/Clydesdale?

Exactly what does the letter from TSB say?
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Please stop calling your TSB account your 'bogus account'.

From experience, Lloyds/HBOS/TSB send this letter out if the account you have with them is blocked for some reason (i.e. has a 646 indicator on it). So it looks as if the account opening application process for your TSB account (or potentially your YB account) hasn't successfully completed (including ID verification etc). Find out from TSB if your account has any indicators on it which is preventing it being switched out.

How recently did you open your 'bogus' (donor?) account with TSB and how recently did you open your YB account? Maybe TSB think the account is bogus. ;)
  • moneysavinggirl40
    moneysavinggirl40 Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 August 2015 at 12:49PM
    Options
    The TSB account that I opened at the end of July is a Classic TSB account. It has 2 dd set up. My account is withYorkshire Bank as I am in England.

The letter says:
    We have received a request from your new bank to switch your account away from us. Unfortunately we are unable to proceed. If you would like to continue with this switch you will need to contact your new bank directly. However, if you have not inititiated the switch request, please contact us immediately by calling us on the number at the top of this letter.
  • Ed-1
    Options
    The TSB account that I opened at the end of July is a Classic TSB account. It has 2 dd set up. My account is withYorkshire Bank as I am in England.

The letter says:
    We have received a request from your new bank to switch your account away from us. Unfortunately we are unable to proceed. If you would like to continue with this switch you will need to contact your new bank directly. However, if you have not inititiated the switch request, please contact us immediately by calling us on the number at the top of this letter.

Yes - check with TSB whether there is an indicator on your account (they should be able to confirm by phone). Have you got just 1 Classic Plus account?
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So it says what you need to do:
    If you would like to continue with this switch you will need to contact your new bank directly.

Call YB and help them to investigate the problem. May be there is a difference in the spelling of your name or your address.
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    It is not a classic plus TSB account that I want switching, its just a classic account which I set up online for the purpose of switching. I have 2 classic plus accounts btw.
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    [/QUOTE]
    Call YB and help them to investigate the problem. May be there is a difference in the spelling of your name or your address.[/QUOTE]

Correspondances have correct details, but just worried to call because I maybe quizzed about TSB account as it was only opened in order to switch.
  • Ed-1
    edited 15 August 2015 at 10:00PM
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    So it says what you need to do:
    Call YB and help them to investigate the problem. May be there is a difference in the spelling of your name or your address.

From experience, the letter is a bizarre contradiction in that the problem lies with TSB (or Lloyds/HBOS who also use the same letter), not the new bank.
    It is not a classic plus TSB account that I want switching, its just a classic account which I set up online for the purpose of switching. I have 2 classic plus accounts btw.

Have you checked with TSB whether there is an indicator on the account? Have you only recently opened the TSB account? When did you open the 2 Classic Plus accounts? TSB have been known to place a block on a 2nd Classic Plus account (and others if you opened at the same time) if you open in sole name online as the terms state max one in sole name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure