Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

Options

Comments

• afmfifgh
    afmfifgh Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anon - Have you done as I did, detailed in my posts below? If not do it and you should get it sorted quickly.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    afmfifgh wrote: »
    Anon - Have you done as I did, detailed in my posts below? If not do it and you should get it sorted quickly.

Yes, I have now requested that they consider it a formal complaint, as I tried going through the online support and they claimed that as I had not set up any direct debits then I didn't qualify (which is the current offer, not the earlier one!). Will report back.
  • afmfifgh
    afmfifgh Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Keep us up to date. I made mine through the official complaints channel. I usually find that doing that focuses minds in businesses.

I gave them a week before chasing them up and it was sorted later that day. It was worth having all the relevant dates written down so when I talked to them I could rattle them off.

Keep us up to date.
  • Anon
    Options
    After submitting the complaint, they responded quickly and I am apparently now on the list for the incentive to be credited :).

I get a sense that there is some confusion where accounts were opened under the old terms but then the switch itself went through after the new terms came in.
  • ShawUK
    ShawUK Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    I made my first mistake the other day, moved most of the funds back to santander, forgetting I had a DD about to come out.
    Got a fee letter of £15.
    Called them up and they offered to take it off without me even asking "as its the first time".
    I was actually not too fussed paying it seeing as £150 is on its way.
  • Beano123
    Beano123 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Just started the process of opening a YB account for the incentive.

Been asked to bring in bank statement for the account I want to switch from. No mention of it i t&cs. Anyone else been asked to do the same?

Might forget to bring it tho - debit card and id should be enough to prove its my account!
  • Anon
    Options
    Beano123 wrote: »
    Just started the process of opening a YB account for the incentive.

Been asked to bring in bank statement for the account I want to switch from. No mention of it i t&cs. Anyone else been asked to do the same?

Might forget to bring it tho - debit card and id should be enough to prove its my account!

My wife had this when she tried to open in branch - no such requirement when we subsequently opened on the phone (under the old t&cs of the offer).
  • Anon
    Options
    afmfifgh wrote: »
    Keep us up to date. I made mine through the official complaints channel. I usually find that doing that focuses minds in businesses.

I gave them a week before chasing them up and it was sorted later that day. It was worth having all the relevant dates written down so when I talked to them I could rattle them off.

Keep us up to date.

Payment received today on my remaining account and Mrs Anon's :cool:.
  • mapk
    mapk Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    What a long thread! I'm sure the answer is here somewhere, but can anyone confirm that, having received the £150 incentive, two monthly direct debits no longer need to be made to receive interest. Thanks.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 June 2015 at 10:53AM
    Options
    mapk wrote: »
    What a long thread! I'm sure the answer is here somewhere, but can anyone confirm that, having received the £150 incentive, two monthly direct debits no longer need to be made to receive interest. Thanks.

from their website:

"You must pay in £1000 per month & maintain 2 active Direct Debits at least until the incentive payment is made. This excludes internal transfers from any other account you hold with Clydesdale or Yorkshire Bank"

The two Direct Debit mandates are linked to the £150 joining/switching incentive. They are not linked to the payment of interest on the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure