Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

Options

Comments

• phil7445
    phil7445 Posts: 483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got paid on about day 70 I think. Yay!! Ready to switch away somewhere else now!
  • dmliverpool
    dmliverpool Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Used this bank years ago. Won't be going back even if it was a 500 incentive.
    The harder one works the luckier one gets!
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Used this bank years ago. Won't be going back even if it was a 500 incentive.
    Do you think they're bothered?
  • kookai9
    kookai9 Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    So do folk only have to pay in the first £1000 within the 31 days and thats if ?:)
  • Pramms49
    Options
    My wife and I switched. I got £150 and paid in £3000 via the switching service. I have no direct debits set up.
    The bank refuse to pay my wife because now they say she needed to set up 2 direct debits. Previously they told her she was going to get the £150. She had no direct debits and deposited £2000 via the switching service.They therefore LIed to my wife . We are appalled at the banks total dishonesty . Useless and dishonest bank. So beware
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    How can you "pay in via the switching service"?

Re Direct Debits they are very clear about this: "Switch and maintain at least 2 active Direct Debit". You have to switch them, not "set up". So, I don't see any lies and dishonesty on their side. Consider yourself lucky if you got the bonus without DDs.
  • Jackthedog
    Jackthedog Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally got my inventive for switching... a just over month after account opening date
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pramms49 wrote: »
    My wife and I switched. I got £150 and paid in £3000 via the switching service. I have no direct debits set up.
    The bank refuse to pay my wife because now they say she needed to set up 2 direct debits. Previously they told her she was going to get the £150. She had no direct debits and deposited £2000 via the switching service.They therefore LIed to my wife . We are appalled at the banks total dishonesty . Useless and dishonest bank. So beware

Yorkshire Bank are not useless and not dishonest and they didnt lie to your wife.

I'm with them and although a bit quaint and old fashioned they are a good bank.

As for dishonesty anyone would think you are a couple of free loaders just after some free cash but you didn't fulfill the T&C.

So banks beware, of these two!;)
  • joeblags
    joeblags Posts: 169 Forumite
    Options
    I was impressed with there customer service, at 06.00 am I finished work and I got locked out of online banking so gave them a ring and 2 minutes later im back online, I then rang again to ask how long my account has been open and when ill get the £150 , any time ive contacted a bank im on hold half a day and never been able to ring at 6 am. deffantly a bank ill be keeping a hold of. my local branch looked half decent aswell
  • moneysavinggirl40
    Options
    Clydesyde require 2 direct debits for eligibility of £150, therefore I have opened online a Classic TSB account with 2 dd set up to my own TESco internet saver and another to my Tesco instant access account. Both dd of £1. These haven't taken affect yet bugt have been set. do you think when i apply I will be asked for any evidence of the account i will be switching from?ie this bogus TSB account I have created (purely for switching purpose). What sort of questions have they asked on the phone during application?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure