To get to 11 stone or no Australia trip

Options

Comments

• dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    I think you have to have a treat to keep you on track. Mine yesterday was a yoghurt, but I do need to be careful as I do live sweet things. And 1 turns to 2 turns to more normally, so need to try and not go back onto what I used to. I very nearly went to the corner shop to get some sweets as it's 2 minutes walk and I'm tired from the last week, but these last 2 days have been a grueler, but managed to stop myself in the end.

I went to Zumba yesterday which I really really enjoyed. I'm off for a week from today so going to see what other classes are like maybe as I do a variety of shifts so would be nice to find different ones to go to.

I was supposed to go to Poland with a friend, but she let me down one too many times a few weeks ago so I cancelled it and have booked things instead including dog racing, hair coloured and maybe horse racing as I bought 2 from Buyagift as with a code it's cheaper to do it that way than pay on the gate. I was umming and arring anyway as we had booked for 5 days and I couldn't find much to do. I've also got a house full that needs decluttering so going to try and work on that this week coming up. Plus will start going swimming again probably the following week as I think it reopens Saturday but I'm working all next weekend so Monday will be the next time I get chance. They have the swim tag too which is really good. I might get the guilt trip with it as it must be a year if not more since I went swimming if I'm honest with myself.
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    Haras we'll have to spur each other on. They always say it's easier when done with others and I find it easier writing it online sometimes.
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 3 ish, not that tall really. Most of my weights on my legs and some on my belly too. I need to tone up along the way too or it won't look healthy. That is amazing though. Did you do it yourself or through slimming world or the like?
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    In was going to suggest not keeping desserts and other junk food in the house, if you don't have them in then you can't fall off the wagon no matter how tempted you are. But if you live with family who do like to keep nice but unhealthy stuff in the cupboards then it's more difficult.
    Are your family supportive of your plans and are they trying to eat healthily too? I think having people round you who aren't on the same wavelength when it comes to diet and food can be a big stumbling block.

Don't get too hung up on eggs! A lot of people have suggested eggs for breakfast and while I agree that eggs do indeed make an excellent, filling meal there are other healthy breakfast options so don't force yourself to eat eggs if you don't really like them. You're more likely to stick with healthy eating if you can find foods that you actually want to eat. Have you tried porridge for breakfast?

I've got my mum in the house who did lose about 4 stone but then has put it all on again, so although she is supportive it doesn't help having cream cakes, elephants foot and sausage rolls being bought in most days. But I've got myself about a months worth of steak in (as I cut it into halves or thirds as they were huge), and some chicken and salmon in so will have a variety. I must say I do feel better for eating better too. Nan lives here too so my mum often has biscuits in for her to eat too. So it's definately a challenge!
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    I was just talking to a friend about swimming and about the swim tag so suddenly thought how king is it since I did go swimming. It was 12/3/13 :o quite shocked by that, but it just reminds me how much I need to keep on track as I went 4 times in a month then haven't been in however long
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    Right I've decided to set myself a swimming challenge of doing Carsington water through swim tag before I go to Cheltenham races on 11th March. I need to swim 2488 metres a week every week before Cheltenham. It's going to be one heck of a challenge, but although I'm fat I'm relatively fit as I can walk for miles and not bother, can swim when on holiday etc and I need a challenge to keep me on track (I'm one of them people that need the carrot in a stick for the donkey sometimes as I get easily distracted)

I remember going last year and this random bloke sat next to me on the way back (my friend didn't go as she was expecting at the time) and somehow we got chatting about weight and he said he had lost I think it was 4 stone, so he was an inspiration, so I'm going to give it my best shot and see how it goes.
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    The channel even, not Carsington. Carsington was first choice, but was only 250 a week
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    Been on the scales and am still 15 stone 7lbs. I have only been to the gym once this week and went to Zumba, but had a few off days with it being my birthday, so getting back on it today.

I've had an omelette for breakfast and plan on cutting down like I did. I am starting to enjoy the omelette for breakfast though
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I follow Slimming World as i love the food and the recipes. I've lost 2 stones 3lbs in 5 months. Slowly, i'd rather lose a pound a week than nothing. I don't do any exercise.

I love the fact you can have pasta,rice and potatoes with everything and still have chocolate or crisps daily too.

I have eggs beans and ham or bacon for breakfast most days. Full fry up at weekends with mushrooms tomatoes bacon egg and beans !

I cook from scratch though, i hate ready made meals. I've just made a curry for tea and always have protein in the fridge to snack on. Boiled eggs and ham are easy to pick up when i'm tempted by something else.

It's a healthy diet and i never feel hungry. It works for me, i couldn't do it just by counting calories, i don't have the willpower !
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    I don't with counting calories. Tried for years and it never worked. My thyroid also seems to slow my rate of burning food down. I've eaten little before and nothing seems to help lose the weight but the gym seems to help me a bit. Just need to keep being motivated to go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport