Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I don’t know what’s wrong with me SA. I just feel unappreciated and taken for granted. I’m always the one keeping everything afloat. It would be nice to have someone else treat me or organise something, but then I feel ridiculous saying that :o Xx

I am not surprised you feel unappreciated & taken for granted.
    You deal with so much on your own.
    You don't get a break at all.
    I don't know how you do it to be honest.
    You have two boys & their hormones :eek:
    I salute you. I really xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I am not surprised you feel unappreciated & taken for granted.
    You deal with so much on your own.
    You don't get a break at all.
    I don't know how you do it to be honest.
    You have two boys & their hormones :eek:
    I salute you. I really xx

Dear Lucky

Caught up with you Diary, since Feb ! Had a full on couple of days so struggling to string words together and well Beanie my virtual twin has said it for me.

:A:A: and hugs
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,783 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Lucky, just coming out of lurkdom. I understand about how you feel about being under appreciated. I think writing from my own point of view, that as a wife and mum that if I don't organise, sort, arrange and get things in order nothing will ever get done.

My men folk (apologies to men folk who are able to organise, sort and arrange etc) appear to be incapable of doing a lot of things for themselves. It is exasperating! I do throw my toys out and they do temporarily improve.

Like you say it would be lovely to wake up and have them say ok today we're doing XY and Z and its all sorted nothing for you to do.

Even down to asking what do you fancy for tea? Whatever or anything is the usual response. One of these fine days they'll get served a sandwich full of love!

Rant over
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I totally get your desire for someone else to take over for once. I know from experience you get fed up of doing everything and no one else thinks of doing something from time to time. Don't feel selfish for thinking this way. I just hope when your DS's get older they'll appreciate all you've done and treat you xx

Big hugs from me xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks everyone :A. I was coming on here to apologise for my self indulgence, but you’ve made me feel a bit better about it :o. I know other people are the same (or worse!), but my head just feels so full all the time, it would be lovely to have a break from it sometimes.

Anyway, moving on, coz it won’t change until maybe when the boys are older as SA suggests.

It’s been bucketing down today, so we’ve stayed in, had a NSD and watched a film :D. Made 2 sales on eBay with a combined profit of about £10 :T.

DH is going out with Best Mate for the day tomorrow to watch bike racing, so it’s just the boys and I for the whole day Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad that you are getting a wee break tomorrow :)

I sometimes think I want someone to do things for me & I live on my own!! xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad you're feeling a bit better Lucky. You certainly weren't being self indulgent, I expect a lot of people can relate to what you said about always being the one that does things. On top of that you're responsible for 2 boys and a husband with a brain injury so no wonder you feel like you need a break at times. xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Can you hear that?!?!

No, neither can I!

SILENCE :A:A.

DH is out with Best Mate, DS2 is out with a friend at the beach and DS1 is being a hermit in his room/cave as usual, so it’s just Oakley (who’s asleep at my feet) and I :T:j:T:j.

I’ve done all the housework and now I’m living it up on MSE while watching Extreme Couponing! I know how to rock :cool: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Enjoy it while it lasts Lucky :) I've seen a few of those programmes but I can never figure out exactly what they buy apart from enough detergent for a lifetime, crates of fizzy drinks to keep the neighbourhood high for a month and weird things like boxes of dried meat :eek: It is the USA though, not sure if there are any programmes about the UK? xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    Enjoy, enjoy :D xx

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback