Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks everyone. The audition went really well and the directors were very positive. DS2 enjoyed himself and it was great experience. Before he auditioned we were told that those that weren’t successful getting the main character parts could be in the film as extras if they wanted to, so hopefully that means DS2 will be in the film regardless :D. Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,523 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad it went well and he'll at least get a part as an extra if unsuccessful - all experience for the next audition xx Fingers crossed for a main role though :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone. The audition went really well and the directors were very positive. DS2 enjoyed himself and it was great experience. Before he auditioned we were told that those that weren’t successful getting the main character parts could be in the film as extras if they wanted to, so hopefully that means DS2 will be in the film regardless :D. Xx

What a lovely consolation prize for those who don't get the main parts :) xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    We are into my baby’s last week at primary school :eek:.

The weather has been amazing today, so DH and I have done some work in the back garden. The front garden will be tackled tomorrow hopefully, as the hedges are getting a little wild and it’s always best to get them before they really sprout off again.

Was going to brag that today has been a NSD, but then remembered I’d given DS1 metro fare for his trip to the Art Gallery this morning. He needs more metro fare tomorrow too (£1.40), and possibly again on Thursday. They are having ‘Yellow Week’ which is where they do things that interest them, and there were loads of options to chose from. It’s really good actually, but think it’s to balance the fact that half the school are abroad on trips just now :eek:.

Made a small sale on eBay which will clear around £2.50 profit. Better than nothing Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lucky~~ wait til your DS is leaving school:eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teafor2
    Options
    Hope you've got your tissues at the ready for when he has his leavers assembly or whatever they do at his school. ;) xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Lucky~~ wait til your DS is leaving school:eek:

Oh don’t beanie! DS1 only has 2 years left and it seems like it’s racing towards me!
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Hope you've got your tissues at the ready for when he has his leavers assembly or whatever they do at his school. ;) xx

They do have a leavers assembly tea, it’s on Wednesday morning. I bubbled at DS1’s when he left primary school, so I can see it happening again!!
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,523 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It really feels like the end of an era when they leave primary school :(
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Well I cried like a baby at the Leavers Assembly :(. At the end they were showing photos on the projector of the kids since nursery, while singing a song called “Goodbye my friend”. It was lovely but tugged at the heart strings and there were tears all round.

Change of pace this afternoon as it was Sports Day :D. DS2 can run like a whippet :rotfl:. Tomorrow both boys are on trips, though they don’t affect DH and I, so that’ll be our last “day off” of until September :eek:. DS1 breaks up at lunchtime Friday, and DS2 at 3pm. Then DS2 and I are out for pizza with the kids and Mams from the year group to celebrate end of school :j.
  • teafor2
    Options
    Hi Lucky, hope the boys are happy the summer hols have finally arrived. Enjoy your evening out with everybody. xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback