Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Lucky :) On the back of what HHD and Beanie have said do you get any respite from looking after your hubby? Either somebody sitting with him or him going to some sort of day centre or are you pretty much left on your own to deal with everything. xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Hi Lucky :) On the back of what HHD and Beanie have said do you get any respite from looking after your hubby? Either somebody sitting with him or him going to some sort of day centre or are you pretty much left on your own to deal with everything. xx

He spends time with either his Mum or his best mate on occasions, and sometimes goes to the gym with another friend, but otherwise it’s just me. Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wish I could offload Mr SA on someone, it’s always just me :(

Work is my sanctuary:)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    At least you have a sanctuary SA! Mine is sitting in the car at the supermarket having a wee bubble :o.

Sold the last piece of sentimental jewellery we had left today. Got £77.50 which was better than I hoped. At least the mortgage is covered now! Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    At least you have a sanctuary SA! Mine is sitting in the car at the supermarket having a wee bubble :o.

Sold the last piece of sentimental jewellery we had left today. Got £77.50 which was better than I hoped. At least the mortgage is covered now! Xx

Sorry to read this:( xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Lucky, sorry to hear things are so tight at the moment. Hope it's just one of those tough months rather than an on-going thing.

It's good that your hubby's Mum and mates spend time with him to give you a break but it would be nice for you if there was something on a regular basis. xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    DH has been throwing up since 3am this morning :(. Not sure if it’s a bug or if he’s eaten something dodgy, but he’s also had a partial seizure, which isn’t that surprising if his tablets didn’t stay down long enough :(:(. He’s supposed to be having a lie down but he keeps getting back up because he forgets why he’s lying down. It’s tiring for both of us.

Got an email today saying my utilities direct debit was going up by £25 per month :eek:. Spoke to someone on online chat who confirmed I was in credit so there was no need to increase it. A good result but :mad: that they emailed in the first place.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Poor DH & poor you :(. Xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks beanie. He seems better today so fingers crossed he’s over the worst of it.

Met my Grandma and Sister for lunch today. Grandma paid for lunch and Sister slipped me some cash :A. I really do have the most awesome family.

DS2’s agent has been in touch about a possible film role :T. Got everything crossed for that one.

Can you believe it’s a year ago today that DH and I met Martin and it was filmed for his show :eek:?? Time flies Xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    I was amazed to see that it had been a year since you met Martin!!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback