Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Enjoy it while it lasts Lucky :) I've seen a few of those programmes but I can never figure out exactly what they buy apart from enough detergent for a lifetime, crates of fizzy drinks to keep the neighbourhood high for a month and weird things like boxes of dried meat :eek: It is the USA though, not sure if there are any programmes about the UK? xx

I agree tea, it’s not exactly saving if you getting things you’ll never use! One woman has enough ‘feminine products’ to last 40 years, but has had a hysterectomy so won’t even use one pack! Ridiculous! I would get them and donate them to foodbanks/women’s refuge, but I’d never keep them just to make a stockpile!! I do wish we had a better coupon policy in the UK though Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I agree tea, it’s not exactly saving if you getting things you’ll never use! One woman has enough ‘feminine products’ to last 40 years, but has had a hysterectomy so won’t even use one pack! Ridiculous! I would get them and donate them to foodbanks/women’s refuge, but I’d never keep them just to make a stockpile!! I do wish we had a better coupon policy in the UK though Xx

:rotfl::rotfl: so funny. I think it borders on being the same as a hoarder really. I also think I'd be driving straight down to the FB to donate 90% of the stuff. Nobody needs to keep all that. xx
  • Fudgefund
    Fudgefund Posts: 394 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on making it to debt free. :T
    Barclaycard [STRIKE] £2770 [/STRIKE] now £2690.
    O/D £500. Weight loss: 12/28lbs :o Savings owed [STRIKE] £3000 [/STRIKE] now £2250 :( Total debt: [STRIKE] £6760 [/STRIKE] now £5440
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Fudgefund wrote: »
    Well done on making it to debt free. :T

Fudgie!!! Where’ve you been hiding?! How you didling? Xx
  • Fudgefund
    Fudgefund Posts: 394 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Married home owner these days. :) Back to sort my debts out again! You’ve done amazingly well. x
    Barclaycard [STRIKE] £2770 [/STRIKE] now £2690.
    O/D £500. Weight loss: 12/28lbs :o Savings owed [STRIKE] £3000 [/STRIKE] now £2250 :( Total debt: [STRIKE] £6760 [/STRIKE] now £5440
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Fudgefund wrote: »
    Married home owner these days. :) Back to sort my debts out again! You’ve done amazingly well. x

:eek: congratulations Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options

:eek: That is not normal behavior:(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hooray for quiet time, hope it’s recharged you a bit
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Afternoon all. Yet another day of not doing anything special - 7 days in a row now :eek:. Feeling a bit guilty but the boys seem happy enough. It was going to be a NSD, but when I rang to make a hair appointment for DS1, she said she could fit him in this afternoon so £8 spent there.

DH fell over when out with Best Mate on Sunday and we think he’s broken a rib :( Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Eeek to your DH breaking a rib.
    Blooming painful :( xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback