🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Mini meltdown and light bulb moment

Options

Comments

• AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Misstara, I did manage to sleep at about 3 am, so a bit tired today, but had a big lie in and just been chilling out. Hubby has suggested we go out for lunch today to save me having to cook again, bless him. We are going to the harvester because it's reasonably priced and we had a great meal last time we went.
    Staying with my mum, sister and niece tonight as it's wedding eve, so really really looking forward to that, especially spending time alone with my family.

Reading back on my post last night, it clearly gets to me more than I admit (to myself and others), and it was good to get it off my chest. Going to have a chat with hubby to see what he wants to do about the genetics appointment, but will do this when it's just the two of us again.
  • AleMrsT
    Options
    Had a lovely day today, spent the day with my sister, her new hubby (2 days married!) and niece, we went to look at furniture for their new house (they move in 4 days, and my sisters maternity leave finishes on 5th Jan!! - crazy!!), hubby has been out with his work friends. I took a pack of sausages to my sisters with me that needed using up, and we had a takeaway for tea (sister paid) so NSD.

Saturday - FIL paid for the meal at the harvester, and then I went to set the venue up for the wedding and stayed at mums with my sister so it was a NSD. :T

Sunday - the day of the wedding!! Was such a lovely day, sister was worried about the snow but the photo sneak peek looks amazing. NSD as I did not have my purse as I was bridesmaid. Stayed at mums again and in laws stayed at our house (although we really don't see them very often, 6 people crammed in a 2 bed house was getting a bit much, so it was nice to have a house to ourselves again!!!)

Yesterday (Monday? I think!! haha) - the inlaws went home yesterday morning, I tidied mum and dads house as it had been left in such a state whilst we were getting ready for the wedding. Then hubby and I tidied up at home, put some washing on, got into our PJs and locked all the doors, and played X box all day!! We did not move off the sofa, it was amazing, so another NSD!! :j

4 in a row!! So chuffed.

Won't be a NSD tomorrow, at the hospital at 11am so will need car park money. That should be everything though, as we're going to a friends for NYE, we all just take what we want to drink and some snacks, so I will use up the christmas snacks. It won't be a late one though as hubby at work at 7am on new years day, :eek: so will be no alcohol, which means no taxi fare needed.

Hope you all have a good one tomorrow, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done on all the NSDs :T Sounds like you've had a really good few days.

Enjoy yourself tomorrow night and happy new year x
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10814.10/£15000 (72.1% saved). Emergency fund - £1562.44/£2000 (78.1% saved).
  • svb53
    svb53 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    Hi lovely. I just wanted to send love about the children issue. I can't have children due to a medical issue, which was ok when I was married as husband didn't want them. However, now that we're divorced and I've just started very gently dating someone again, the issue is now coming up. And there's also been the influx of fb pregnancy announcements etc. I also understand what it's like to try to work around health issues and low sick pay. Feel free to give me a pm if you need a chat. Just thought i'd say hi and that you're not on your own. Much love xx
    LBM 27/12/14.
    January Ebay and Amazon aim: £500. £22/£500 January weight loss aim 10lb. 0/10.
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge £22/£500 by 7th April.
    Nsd January aim 20. PAD starting 29/12/14 £2
  • AleMrsT
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope you all enjoyed your night last night, whatever you did.:beer:

In the end, we stayed in. I nipped upstairs at around 4pm to change out of my jeans, and I woke up 3 hours later!! We were supposed to be at our friends for 7.30. Hubby had come upstairs and found me asleep in bed so he left me there. I contacted my friends to let them know we weren't going to make it because I'd just woken up, they know how tired I get especially around the time I need a blood transfusion, so they were ok with us not going. We were both quietly relieved to not be going out to be honest, we both hate new year 'forced fun', so we spent another evening in our PJ's battling through borderlands on X Box. We completely missed midnight due to being engrossed in the game, we didn't realise we'd missed it until we went to bed at 20 past midnight! ah well.

OH at work today, so going to have a nice bath, get the christmas tree taken down and do some light cleaning, I can't face doing it all, still feeling tight chested, definitely ready for my transfusion on Friday, which reminds me, I need to sort out a lift from the hospital on Friday, so will call my grandad and see if he is available, my mum and husband are both at work and they usually take it in turns to take me or fetch me back. If I had a car I'd just drive myself there and back, but I'm not actually supposed to do that according to the doctors (in case of a transfusion reaction etc)

Going to check my debt balances shortly and update here if required, then crack on with the tree. I have around £400 in my bank for January, the rent has been paid, so just need to keep an eye on the other bills (phone, S/C and car insurance) to make sure they're covered. :money:
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happy new year AleMrsT! Glad you had a nice evening in :)

Hope everything goes well with the transfusion on Friday.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10814.10/£15000 (72.1% saved). Emergency fund - £1562.44/£2000 (78.1% saved).
  • AleMrsT
    Options
    Hospital all done, I'm so tired now even though I've sat and done nothing all day! OH has put the xmas stuff back in the loft, done 3 loads of washing and cleaned through. I know I moan about him, but he is actually amazing, he's just not very money savvy and as my mum puts it, 'that family just doesn't communicate (with eachother)!'

So, going to have a nice relaxing bath, my muscles are all aching from sitting in the same position all day, and going to start a new book.
    My grandma always wants to go shopping in the city if they've picked me up from the hospital, today we went to M@alan so that she could buy me something for my birthday. I never really feel up to traipsing round after the hospital, but we went anyway, I got some new slippers. Grandma was very concerned that I didnt want anything else and I didnt want to look in any other shops for anything else, and just wanted to get home, even though she was PAYING. Bless her, I know she means well. So, I have some new slippers! Been needing some, and its saved me some cash. They were on the sale rail, but when we got to the counter they were full price, and they didn't have a sale sticker on. Think they'd been put back on the wrong rail, it didn't matter too much though.

Yesterday I swapped £7.50 worth of Mr T clubvard vouchers for £30 worth of vouchers for Chimichanga, I have booked for me and OH to go on Tuesday for my birthday, we will only have to pay for drinks and we'll get a decent meal out of the vouchers. Usually we would have gone anyway, whether it was in the budget or not, just because its a birthday, but I feel really pleased with myself! :j :T It should only cost us about £10 for drinks, plus it will be a nice treat as I have another hospital appointment on Tuesday, this time a follow up to the scan I had on my ear to see what needs to be done.

OH's boss called me yesterday, she has been speaking to their employment trainer, and wanted to tell me that I don't have to disclose my medical needs to employers at the application stage, and she said that the place I applied for should have shortlisted me if my CV matched the job role. Bless her for taking time to look in to it all for me, she said to call her if I have any more questions, but she said I shouldn't feel bad for not disclosing anything to prospective employers at the application stage, and if I get a job offer, I will have to tell them then so that they can do an occupational health assessment, to see if any reasonable adjustments need to be made or whether they will still offer me the job, if they won't, they have to justify this is writing and state why provisions cannot be made.

Despite all of this, I still don't feel comfortable applying for a job, getting an interview and not saying anything until the job offer, I would feel like I've misled them or something. :o Something to think about I suppose.
  • AleMrsT
    Options
    Wow, my posts always end up being so long!! I never plan them to be.
    Anyway, its been a NSD today, as been on the ward all day :T
  • AleMrsT
    Options
    I have spent ages on survey sites (Toluna, Swagbucks, ipsos, onepoll). I've only managed to complete one on onepoll, and one on ipsos, the others I've been frozen out of. I must have clicked on at least 10 surveys on Toluna and not been able to complete a single one. I give up. I don't have the time to waste on these!! UGH. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: May try comping instead.
  • Getmeoutofdebt
    Options
    AleMrsT wrote: »
    I have spent ages on survey sites (Toluna, Swagbucks, ipsos, onepoll). I've only managed to complete one on onepoll, and one on ipsos, the others I've been frozen out of. I must have clicked on at least 10 surveys on Toluna and not been able to complete a single one. I give up. I don't have the time to waste on these!! UGH. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: May try comping instead.

I have tried all sorts and given up on them. The only one I have any luck with is "my Survey". It is really time consuming and you get very little back and some of them. I logged everything I made last year on My survey and it came to £50. I just do it when I'm bored. I had to change my e-mail address after signing up with swagbucks I got spammed so much! I tried comping too and again all I got was spam!! Maybe if you set up a separate e-mail for your comps it may help then at least your main one doesn't get flooded with rubbish. Good luck xx
    LBM 01/03/12 Debt £[STRIKE]27924[/STRIKE] :eek:
    now £0 100% paid :j :beer: :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills