🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DFW journey starts today

Options

Comments

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks people! Sorry I keep disappearing! Been super busy!

So I've paid a further £51.53 off the CC this week! It makes it so much easier only having the one debt to focus on - I know there's 3 but I pay my parents a set amount each month and the Halifax CC is interest free so I'll move onto that once the Bcard is cleared. It's currently down to £572.75, so hopefully won't take too long to clear.

Did a food shop at Aldi last night as had a £5 off £40 spend, so had to stock up on bits to actually get to £40! It's great that I've managed to cut our food bill so much as I previously spent £100! Problem is I've now got a £10 off £50 spend for Lidl to use by next Monday! Yes I could not use it, but I may as well stock up on things which I know will get used but just maybe don't need immediately!

I can't believe I used to walk past Asda receipts completely unaware of their potential value! I currently have 2 price promise receipts in my bag which will get me £2.80 off!

I'm very much looking forward to a long weekend off work, not that it will be very relaxing as OH has promised me we will press on with the DIY! So may have to spend a bit on paint and things but I've got money set aside for that.

Don't think I've got anything else to report! I really must do posts more often and seriously need to catch up on some diaries as I feel so out of the loop!
    Starting again..
  • Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes you REALLY must
    I missed you so pleased to come on here after dinner and find you
    so glad to hear you are doing so well
    I see the parents are nearly paid off :) they must be so proud of you for working so hard at this
    and if you have a problem spending the money to get the tenner off you can always help to stock my larder :)
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Thanks Aaleigha! Yep very pleased only 2 payments left to my parents!

Reward money went in today so paid another £5 off the CC so the interest incurring CC is now down to £567.73!

I used the Cheap Energy Club on here to switch our electric and gas yesterday. Prior to doing this I did a spreadsheet setting out how much I've used each month for the last year so I could see exactly what the useage is and get a proper comparison. Based on our average usage I should save around £93 for the year (provided my calculations are correct!) Should get £30 cashback too plus I have built up some credit in the current gas/elec account so will get that back too!

Looking forward to a long weekend off work as been so busy recently my head has been spinning! OH has promised that we will spend the weekend decorating - cant wait to see a bit more progress on the house! Also rebooking our meal out for tomorrow night - fingers crossed we actually managed to go this time! Will use vouchers and I will drive so shouldn't cost too much. I'm then meeting a friend next Tuesday for dinner, so I must find out the gourmet card I got through the post so maybe we can go somewhere to use that. Haven't seen her in ages so would be lovely to catch up! And I'm popping round a friends for a cuppa and a natter next Wednesday!

Hope you're all well.
    Starting again..
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Fantastic work :) x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope you are enjoying your long weekend and not spending too much whilst enjoying yourself
    I was about to come here and stamp my feet and shout for you
    but then realised not everyone is as sad as me being on here over a long weekend :)
    Hx
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Morning all!

Hope you all had a good long weekend. Mine's been quite productive although it's always the case that I could of (have? - never quite sure on that one!) done more!

So Friday we had to spend some money to start our weekend of diy, however there was money in the pot to cover this. Problem was where I use my card so little these days, when I got to the till I'd completely forgotten my PIN! Had to use a different card and then transfer the money so not a huge issue! So we then spent an afternoon of painting before finally going out for dinner for Valentine's Day! Was very nice, did spend a bit more than the vouchers and went elsewhere for pudding as everyone's been raving about this ice cream place which was just up the road (however I did have to run in heels as it was peeing it down!)

Saturday started off with painting again, but then I went to bingo with my mum as OH had his dad and brother coming round to watch football. Pleased I did as I won £50 and a steam window cleaner thingy! Popped to my parents after and finally grabbed my CDs and DVDs so that I can sort through them for music magpie, zapper etc. Then some friends came round for a few drinks - they supplied the drinks! But did order a take away pizza!

Sunday involved more painting, cooking a roast and not a lot else! Oh actually I did sort through CDs and DVDs to work out who would give me most - MM, zapper or zaffit and sorted them into bags. Problem is I don't meet the minimum amount for one (think it's zapper) so need to decide what to do with them. Will only get £24 maximum (i.e. if I could send them to zapper) but it's better than them collecting dust! Just need to find my CD wallet now which actually contains the CDs!!!

Yesterday I went to Lidl as had £10 off £50 spend so stocked up on bits and pieces to make sure I spent enough as didn't really have that much to buy. Went for lots of lovely walks to make the most of the sunshine and to not use petrol!

However it all went wrong this morning! OH was sick in the night and always manages to get it all over the bathroom and the dog pooped in the house. So there's me this morning with a bucket of water and disinfectant and manages to throw it all over the kitchen floor (fortunately before I'd mopped up any bodily fluids!) Had it not been half term and so the roads quiet I would have been late for work, so at least that's a plus!

Out for dinner with my friend tonight, found my gourmet card so I'll suggest we go somewhere to use it. Looking forward to a good catch up!

Right best crack on with some work!
    Starting again..
  • AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you found all your cds and DVDs! Try webuybooks aswell, they tend to pay slightly more but don't take as many of them as the others.

Good job on all the diy, sounds like you got loads done!
    hope your OH feels better.
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Thanks AleMrsT! I will try that one too! It's thanks to you that I've dug them out at all!
    Starting again..
  • AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    edited 7 April 2015 at 10:24AM
    Options
    Haha well at least it can help someone else out too. I still haven't had any money from music magpie!! they've deducted money off for 'incomplete' items and then not even sent me the money! I'm waiting on £48 from them, i sent the items off at the end Feb!! I wouldn't recommend using them if the others will take the discs but if you don't need the money quickly then you might aswell.
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Hmmm, I have been debating this after what you'd said about them as unfortunately for the majority of the items it's them who will pay the most! I will try webuybooks as well though before I send any off. It isn't much money and I don't desperately need it but not sure I want the hassle if they've been that bad to deal with. I suspect they will deduct some money as a few of the cases aren't in the best condition either!
    Starting again..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family