🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DFW journey starts today

Options

Comments

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks October! The interest has already been credited back, so happy they appear to have sorted it!

Been super productive this week batch cooking and cleaning - not sure what's come over me! The house still looks a mess though, oh the joys of living in a building site!

Haven't heard back from the job yet, so hoping they're not keeping me hanging on only to tell me no!

Still hoping I'll have enough to put in the bank tomorrow to clear the beds and OD! Will definitely have enough to clear the beds (:j) and some off the OD but it depends how much extra my OH gives me later today. Can't wait to pay those beds off (although they are seriously comfy!) but once they're gone the pressure is off as there's no specific deadlines to meet - just gone ASAP!

Just realised if I do pay them both off that will also take me under £6k! Which still sounds a lot (and far FAR more than I'd like) but it's great progress in under 5 months (I've got until Monday as that's my 5 month LBM anniversary - challenge set for the weekend!)
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    So today I have cleared the OD and paid off the beds!!! (Insert dancing man smilie here (or several) - on iPad so can't add). I am now under the £6k mark as well! Such a good feeling! Barclays did slightly dampen the occasion as they blocked the payment for fraud reasons but all sorted now! I also paid £10.13 off my CC!

I also phoned bcard again as I had another query about my interest - it is all correct but they refunded another £5.21 as a gesture of good will! Lady was really helpful at explaining how it all works as well!

Also had a good shop for a few bits earlier. Had to go to the bank in town so parked in Mr a so I could get the parking back. Spent £12.46 but thanks to the parking refund, shopitize, clicksnap and checkout smart it works out that it only cost me £3.11!!! Ok some of the things I bought I wouldn't normally buy but they are free after cash back and it's not things that will get wasted.

Also emailed a company as wasn't happy with the quality of a product I bought (only a bottle of pop) but hope I might get something back as a result!

So overall this is a very good day even if I have cancelled the table for dinner as OH is poorly so I'd rather save my vouchers for when we can both properly enjoy it!

Happy Saturday everyone!

Ps did I mention that I've cleared my OD and paid off the beds and my total debt is now under £6k?!?! (Insert dancing smilie!)
    Starting again..
  • AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    Twiggy that's fantastic!:j:beer: well done!!!! Its a shame that you had to cancel the meal but I hope OH feels better soon, just enjoy a chilled evening at home instead and make plans to go another time.

Oh and I are so rock N roll, we never do anything in the evenings or make the most of our time off. Tonight I'm tucked up in bed (earlier than I go to bed on a week night) and he's on his ps3 in the lounge. :rotfl: haha.
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Thanks MrsT! We never go out or doing either, the meal was actually the meal we cancelled for valentines night! Right I'm off to go see my mummy! Happy Mother's Day to all you mummy's!
    Starting again..
  • Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi twiglet
    You sound like you have been doing so well no overdraft paid for mattresses those around you should be well proud of the effort you are successfully putting into finances

Sorry I have not been around have kept up with reading but head not been in the best place so have not been posting much
    H x
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Thanks aaleigha! I spoke to my mum today and told her if paid the beds off and cleared the od and she was very impressed as I had discussed borrowing some from them to cover the od if I hadn't done so by the time the beds were due.

My new hobby is crochet! I'm going to make my bestie a baby blanket so I've started practising! It's not too difficult once you get going! Borrowed some wool from my mum to practise with and her crochet needles so hopefully won't cost too much and I'm sure she'll appreciate it!
    Starting again..
  • Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The crochet needles are hooks :)
    Be careful with crochet as the American terms and English terms are different but very similar do you have a pattern in mind I am ding a granny square one at the moment and have sorted out all my yarns and am going to freecycle abin bag full

Now kitting and crochet for babies i can highly recommend a bamboo yarn or a cotton chashmere mix but be care fuk with price range
    Also unless you know the mother is ok with hand washing read the labels to make sure it is machine washable and when you give it pin on a band from one of the balls of yarn so she knows washing instructions you will soon be hooked or should that be you will soon be a hooker :) Yes I know very corny and brings the tone down rather so I appologise
    H x
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • October_Starter
    Options
    WELL DONE TWIGGY!!!!

I am so proud of you! You are doing so so well! You are going to be debt free in no time. Your positivity just brightens up my whole day!

October xx
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Wow come back and look at you wiping off that debt :) !!! amazing x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Thanks people! It was a very good feeling on Saturday to get not one but two debts gone!

Thanks Aaleigha - as you can see I'm a complete novice hooker!:rotfl:
    Starting again..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills