October 2015 Weddings

Options

Comments

• ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay for finding a dress skintbuthappy81. My dress won't be in the country till about June / July I think based on what the shop told me. Will give them a call at the beginning of June just to see what's going on. Just want it to get here sooner so I can try it on again!
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • skintbuthappy81
    Options
    I can imagine ruby, however at least you won't have the urge to keep looking at it like you would if it was at home. (I'm going to have to take mine to my in laws as I'll be wearing it daily otherwise)

Fuzzy... love the idea of the personalised beer mats they sound ace. We have decided on personalised sweet bags (think OH would prefer beer mats though hehe)
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • angel_nicx
    Options
    Hi everyone! :wave::wave::wave:

We're getting married on Halloween this year. So far we've sorted the venue, dress, suit and bridesmaids dresses. We're meeting a photographer tonight.

I overspent massively on the dress. I feel a bit sick when I think of the cost. _pale_

Any advice on making your own invitations?
  • skintbuthappy81
    Options
    Hi Angel and welcome to the thread. Ooooh Halloween is a good time are you going with the Halloween theme at all? Good luck with the photographer. Sorry can't help with invites, we ended up buying ours.

Bought my wedding shoes (well... boots actually) today, I ordered them online so fingers crossed they are comfortable and hopefully they will go with the dress.

Other half has just got of the phone to his parents who want to pay for someone to film the wedding, we initially decided against this but thinking about it it might actually be nice to have something to watch and show our children, just need to find one now.

• ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Angel, it sounds like you're on the way to getting everything sorted. Don't worry about the dress, I think I overspent on mine as well (even with a 20% discount) but I also think it's worth it, especially as it made me feel amazing when I tried it on. As for invitations, we had someone design them and then we printed them ourselves. There are lots of people on Etsy that offer that service and it worked out cheaper than us making them ourselves.

Oh wedding boots SBH sound great and I'm sure they'll be more comfortable than the heels I'm initially going to wear for the day. Hope you find a great videographer!
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • skintbuthappy81
    Options
    These are them Ruby, I love them to bits, plus they have blue on the sole and inside so that's the 'something blue' sorted hehe.

http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens/irregular-choice-iced-gem-abigail-stone-boots/1461031160/

• vroombroom
    vroombroom Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join please? :D:D

Weds 21st October (massive back to the future fans!)

Doing it on the cheap so notifying the registrar tomorrow for registry office ceremony (£119:money:) then to our favourite pub for a meal after (3 set course £12.95) for 15 guests

Sorted my cake already £60

Woohoo x
    :j:jOur gorgeous baby boy born 2nd May 2011 - 12 days overdue!!:j:j
  • skintbuthappy81
    Options
    Hi Vroom and welcome :wave: it sounds like you are well on your way!!

My dress is ready to be collected so I'm going to be picking it up on Tuesday, I'm going to see if I can try it on with my boots when I'm there to see if they go. There is no chance I'm attempting to try it on at home god knows what would happen.

• skintbuthappy81
    Options
    Hey Girls,

How are we getting on? It has been very quiet on here lately and it's making me worry!!

Have sent invites off to a guy who is going to write them for us today, he does old worldy style calligraphy so looking forward to getting them back.

Have managed to find OH and the other males outfits now, we are going back on Thursday for him to try it on as they didn't have his size. Fingers crossed they look good.

7 Months tomorrow arghhhhhhhhhhhh

• KingLarsson
    KingLarsson Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone, hope I can join in.........

.... getting married on 9th of October this year.

Dress sorted, venue booked, photographer booked, humanist booked, invites ordered from Ebay for evening. Looking for something special for the "whole thing" invites but everything so expensive !!
    We also have a band booked, nearly there :)
    Make £2018 in 2018 - £9.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport