Oh gawd.....I've joined a gym.....again....

Options
12345679»

Comments

• puppey
    puppey Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    came across a great podcast that looks into how gyms make money, and it's basically because people don't turn up!
    Great listen if you have 15 minutes spare: http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2014/12/17/371463435/episode-590-the-planet-money-workout
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    puppey wrote: »
    came across a great podcast that looks into how gyms make money, and it's basically because people don't turn up!
    Great listen if you have 15 minutes spare: http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2014/12/17/371463435/episode-590-the-planet-money-workout

I suspect our gym actually loses money with us, between me and OH we're there about 6-8 times a week :)

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After getting cold after cold from last December through to March, I managed to contract post viral labyrinthitis.

I still feel dizzy most days.

As a result, I simply don't feel safe on even the most basic gym equipment.

I've cancelled my gym membership as it's been nearly a year since this nightmare started.

It has improved, it is still improving, but so slowly that I may as well give up the membership for the next year or so until I'm stable enough.

:(
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've been so poorly Gingernutty :(

I've just read the whole thread and was really inspired by all your hard work and dedication.

Maybe once you are recovered you could try walking to get your fitness up again, and then once you are back to full strength re-join the gym? There's absolutely no point in forcing yourself or wasting money when you need to look after your health first and foremost.

At least you know you can do it, and you have the iron will and determination that a lot of people don't!

Hope you feel better soon x
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure